Key Giveaway Contest *ENDED* Congradulations to the winners!

Greetings POE Players, Members, and Non-Subscribers :)

***This contest is over. I am leaving the below text in case anyone questions why their entry was not selected***

*TLDR - Key's given away for best Video / Artistic / Short story's submitted TLDR (but I highly recommend you read the rules.)

*EDIT- I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THAT MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED*

After such a wonderful stress test, I have decided to give away four keys. Now, I do want to receive some kind of value for these keys because they are mine ;) However, I am looking for a different kind of value besides money / services / all the things that are not allowed by GGG.

I want to be amused / moved / entertained or flat out amazed. I want to see just how creative people can be and how determined people are to get a key!

So. Here is the contest. Create a video / photoshop / or written story about why YOU deserve one of my free keys. I am not judging on the quality of the video / photoshop / etc, however Creativity will earn bonus points. However, it could be a simple post on why you think you deserve the key. It can be a creative video or something completely off the wall, as long as it has something to do with POE / GGG / or the Beta Key. Really, it can anything as long as it is related to the game in some way. And Remember, Be creative. Don't just post "I want a key because the game is awesome!"

Here are the rules.

1. Please keep all submissions's Safe for Work. Any that are vulgar will be deleted from the thread. I want creative / heartfelt / funny, or off the wall, not "Dick Jokes"

2. Please do not enter if you already have beta access. This defeats the point of getting people on the waiting list into the game. I will be checking people's accounts to make sure they have not been created after this thread was posted.

3. None of your submissions should contain anything that breaks GGG's Code of Conduct. Please familiarize yourself with this before entering this contest.

4. Do not provide too much personal information about yourself in your submission (IE email address / real name / anything that hackers could use to exploit what I hope will be a fun contest.)

5. If you create a video, try to keep it to two minutes long or less. I am here to see how creative the community is, not to watch Schindler's List.

6. Do not use copywritten material unless you have permission from the original creator.

7. Additional rules may be added / modified as this contest goes on depending on if they are necessary.

This Contest will run from right now, until Sunday, September 23st at 15:00 Eastern Standard Time. Three of the keys will be awarded to "Best Video", "Best Artwork", and "Best story". The fourth key will be my "Honorable Mention / Something that does not fall into the other three categories"

I encourage the entire community to become involved in this. If you have submitted an entry, but you think that someone else did a terrific job, then reply to the thread and support their submission! If you are not eligible for this contest, feel free to join in the fun and help me decide by your comments. After all, I may have a tough time choosing, and your input would help!

After entries have closed on the 21st, I will Post my "Top Three Entries" in each category and will ask the community to vote for their favorites. Ultimatly, I will have the final say in who the winners are, however I will heavily weigh the communities choices into my decision.

The Four Categories will be "Video", "Artwork / Creation" "Written Story" and "Miscelanious that does not fit in the other three".

So Have fun, get your creative juices flowing, and I hope that this will be a fun and interesting contest for everybody. Good Luck to all who enter and may the best entries win :)

**Note, if other members would like to donate keys to this contest, they will become judges :) **

Game needs monkey pets.

Last edited by Sonata on Sep 23, 2012, 5:48:57 PM
Reserved for quick access to contest links as this goes on.

Videos

Pictures / Artwork

Short Stories

Misc.
Game needs monkey pets.

Last edited by Sonata on Sep 17, 2012, 3:39:12 PM
well you might think, playing the ''big name'' games is alot of fun.... but no.... hell no..

after throwing €110 euro's in 2 games(D3 and GW2) and not even playing them for 1 month because of how bad they are.

I came to PoE and played the public weekend, holy shit.
mind=blown such a good game, I not a guy who wants the best graphics and such, just a good game where I can spend days and days playing it without getting bored. But the big problem is, i'm 17, no job and still in school...And after spending 110 euro's i'm likw totally broke. So I'm sitting here waiting till I get a beta key..

GG(G?)
IGN:WhereAreYourZombies
If you laugh at my joke, I'd love a key :D then I'll tell you my story of why I want one.

The Joke

Based on their lyrics alone, I am convinced that Drake and Adele were hurt by the same man.

The Story

While searching for games similar to but greater than the Ultra-Fail Diablo 3, I stumbled across PoE. Simple to say, it looked better. Better customization, gameplay, and about hmmm...60$ less? A definite victory for me on this glorious day! but oh no, it is still in closed beta, and I am lacking the funds to purchase ahead of time! So off I went in search of beta keys and came along this post, my next shot at getting a key! ty for the opportunity, have a great day!
So it's was saturday night when my friend found POE and find out that it was open for the week end. He told me about it ont skype and 3 of my friend dowload it with me.
The game was so much fun! but at the end of sunday the week end finish and we couln't play anymore... I have nothing to do on the comp and now my friend are gonna build borderland 2. So I will be alone and will have nothing to do for the next 2 week... Not that I hate borderland, just don't want to pay 60$ when im not sure of it
Interesting contest, let's see what I can write...

First and foremost, I have always been a huge Diablo fan. I still even own the original Diablo (PSX had the best music which truly captured the dark/horror/gothic theme which most players like myself were left in awe over).

This admiration trickled down towards Diablo 2 where I suppose my highest achievement was (after several years of learning, persistence, and above all - time) netted me on the top 15 within a ladder.

Now we have Diablo 3, which by far was an upset (To further illustrate my point of view, patiently biding ones time for over ten years to have to stomach that atrocity of a game - I find being hit in the face with projectile vomit more tolerable) so looking to snuff this taste of disappointment left in my mouth (relatively bitter, I assure you) I looked towards GW2 which was extremely promising.

Lo and behold, the fabled GW2 did not do justice either, with promises of a personal storyline you could lose yourself in, innovative combat and the like - eh, maybe I was just forcing myself to accept a cold, hard truth that you and I both know - this is the current standard of which games pass for these days. GW2 wasn't no Diablo, but at the time it was the next best thing.

Then in merely 4 hours (the time I had after priorities had to be sorted to "test-drive" the stress-test weekend) Path of Exile rejuvenated that old feeling which I once imagined lost - much like hearing from an old mate of yours after years of thinking he was dead from grenade shrapnel due to war. To say simply "I was blown away" is a blatant understatement.

Path of Exile did for me in four hours what literally, anything I have come across so far would ever do for me in four years, let alone ten. Forget that the shadowing in murky caves is nothing but flawless, the cries of bloodthirsty monsters reverberating within damp, cavern walls or the gem-experience and FF10 like sphere-grid is, a little gem of nostalgia that brings a crooked smile to a face when times were not so bad and easier.

Never change PoE/GGG, and always stay golden. From the bottom of my cynical heart.

Last edited by Decarnate on Sep 18, 2012, 2:46:16 AM
I created my account today D: just read the section about not counting any posts from accounts that were made after you posted the contest...oh well...
Have a nice life!
I have a small story to tell...

Back in the days of middle school, I wasn't a gamer by any means really. I owned a playstation 2 and the only games I owned (that I can remember) were NHL 2002, NFL 2K7, and S.W. Battlefront. While I obviously enjoyed these games I had never felt quite the same I did the day I was introduced to my first ARPG.

My neighbor, a boy the same age as me, had just moved in and started going to my school. His dad had asked my mother if we could watch him in the morning before the bus came to pick us up, since he was a divorced doctor and left early in the morning. After getting to know my friend, David, I was invited over to his house. It was here that he showed me a game, which to this day I remember vividly: Champions of Norrath.

I can't accurately compare a console ARPG from the early 2000's to the games of today, but speaking strictly in terms of personal enjoyment I received from a game this one was far and away the most fun game I've ever played. We eventually acquired a multi-tap for the PS2 and recruited two more friends into joining us on our epic journey to loot and kill. I would always get yelled at by my buddies because after every kill, every item I received; I just had to check my inventory. The sheer possibility of finding even a small upgrade made me giddy... and it is precisely this feeling which has alluded me for years.

I would definitely consider myself to be in the younger generation of gaming (as I just turned 20) so I wasn't able to play games like D2 simply because I didn't have a computer. I was stuck on the PS2, and eventually the 360. When I did get my laptop, I downloaded SWTOR, hoping it would be a fun game like the one I remember. While it was fun, it simply wasn't the same. It was all about leveling, gear meant very little in comparison. I then waited patiently for Diablo 3 to come out. While I found it fun.. it honestly felt more like a chore's list than something I went onto enjoy. Once you reach max level in D3 the game almost dies (which I blame on the AH, but what do I know).

Anyways, in conclusion I ended up hearing of Path of Exile about a week or two ago in the D3 forums, on one of the many threads ripping the game. I looked into the video's, read reviews, and eventually signed up for an account and started reading the forums. Unfortunately I had hockey tryouts this weekend so I missed the open beta, but you can bet I'll play the next one if I don't have a key by then!

THIS is the type of game I've been waiting for. I want this to be the game I've been waiting for. Because I want killing things to be meaningful again.

...I also have a few jokes if you're interested! :D

And so God said upon the creation of life, "I shall make obedient women in every corner of the World!"

Thus he made the world round... and laughed! xD
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.
Last edited by PHxLoki on Sep 19, 2012, 11:53:15 AM
"
Decarnate wrote:
Interesting contest, let's see what I can write...

First and foremost, I have always been a huge Diablo fan. I still even own the original Diablo (PSX had the best music which truly captured the dark/horror/gothic theme which most players like myself were left in awe over).

This admiration trickled down towards Diablo 2 where I suppose my highest achievement was (after several years of learning, persistence, and above all - time) netted me on the top 15 within a ladder.

Now we have Diablo 3, which by far was an upset (To further illustrate my point of view, patiently biding ones time for over ten years to have to stomach that atrocity of a game - I find being hit in the face with projectile vomit more tolerable) so looking to snuff this taste of disappointment left in my mouth (relatively bitter, I assure you) I looked towards GW2 which was extremely promising.

Lo and behold, the fabled GW2 did not do justice either, with promises of a personal storyline you could lose yourself in, innovative combat and the like - eh, maybe I was just forcing myself to accept a cold, hard truth that you and I both know - this is the current standard of which games pass for these days. GW2 wasn't no Diablo, but at the time it was the next best thing.

Then in merely 4 hours (the time I had after priorities had to be sorted to "test-drive" the stress-test weekend) Path of Exile rejuvenated that old feeling which I once imagined lost - much like hearing from an old mate of yours after years of thinking he was dead from grenade shrapnel due to war. To say simply "I was blown away" is a blatant understatement.

Path of Exile did for me in four hours what literally, anything I have come across so far would ever do for me in four years, let alone ten. Forget that the shadowing in murky caves is nothing but flawless, the cries of bloodthirsty monsters reverberating within damp, cavern walls or the gem-experience and FF10 like sphere-grid is, a little gem of nostalgia that brings a crooked smile to a face when times were not so bad and easier.

Never change PoE/GGG, and always stay golden. From the bottom of my cynical heart.

This is that feeling I've been missing. =')
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.
Last edited by PHxLoki on Sep 19, 2012, 2:12:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info