Diablo 3 already started killing PoE

"
MadBro_ wrote:
[...] most of us know the idiotic reason he is doing this. He isnt even arguing or anything [...]

then you know more than me. please go ahead and enlighten everybody ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
exorzist wrote:
"
MadBro_ wrote:
[...] most of us know the idiotic reason he is doing this. He isnt even arguing or anything [...]

not a great feat to accomplish for sure.

By the way, what are you doing here posting? Shouldn't you be playing D3 right now?

People like you, who linger on the forum even after they 'quit' are only waiting for a 'big' change so they can admit that they play again without embarrasing themselve to much.

I knew I am through with D3 the moment I stopped paying attention to the forum or patch notes or anything at all for that matter.

You on the other hand are still here.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810

No need to get into arguments anymore.
Haters gonna hate, we ain't see nothing here.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
"
MadBro_ wrote:

not a great feat to accomplish for sure.

By the way, what are you doing here posting? Shouldn't you be playing D3 right now?

People like you, who linger on the forum even after they 'quit' are only waiting for a 'big' change so they can admit that they play again without embarrasing themselve to much.

I knew I am through with D3 the moment I stopped paying attention to the forum or patch notes or anything at all for that matter.

You on the other hand are still here.

i play d3 every day several hours but like to take a break now and then to eat n stuff .. and then i fire up some forums on my other screens .. i dont have to exit d3 just to post here ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
exorzist wrote:

i play d3 every day several hours but like to take a break now and then to eat n stuff .. and then i fire up some forums on my other screens .. i dont have to exit d3 just to post here ...

What he means is: You're still connected with PoE on a n emotional level. You can't or won't let go. Which is why you still haunt this very forum.

And there is truth to it. A few weeks after I had purchased D3, I hung around their forums too and voiced my unhappiness there. But as time went by, I found myself caring less and less about the direction D3 had taken until one day I realized I hadn't even looked at, much less thought about, D3 in months.

In short: Your presence here indicates that you cannot let go of PoE. It plucks at your heartstrings and maybe you even hear Merveil's sinister and beguiling whispers call to the fibres of your very soul.

Pretty simple, really.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
I shouldn't be supporting a D3 post, but that answer was well entertaining.

"

I don't even know the context or who is right but this was a great answer. :D

EDIT:

"
What he means is: You're still connected with PoE on a n emotional level. You can't or won't let go. Which is why you still haunt this very forum.

And there is truth to it. A few weeks after I had purchased D3, I hung around their forums too and voiced my unhappiness there. But as time went by, I found myself caring less and less about the direction D3 had taken until one day I realized I hadn't even looked at, much less thought about, D3 in months.

In short: Your presence here indicates that you cannot let go of PoE. It plucks at your heartstrings and maybe you even hear Merveil's sinister and beguiling whispers call to the fibres of your very soul.

Pretty simple, really.

You know, the real reason people left D3 forums were because developers were not listening to the old community, and even going off in the wrong direction. That is why people stopped using those forums to infuse the game with ideas. If you like a game and have faith in devs there really is no reason that you should stop posting, the worst are these people who want to tell you that your passion isnt good enough and that you should just leave because for some reason you arent as good as them since you are not actively playing it. That's like older people talking garbage to children and expecting them to accept it and be silent about it, just because they are older, even if they don't know what they are talking about.

That said, D3 has no depth whatsoever, there is no RPG in it and it will never kill PoE because the audience is different.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 29, 2013, 7:53:25 PM
"
Flickerflare wrote:
>using X-fire for statistics.
X-fire also claimed that literally only 0.02% of the population of Diablo 3 still played it at one time, while PoE supposedly has much higher retention.

X-fire is horrible for gathering statistics on any game where it's not required software, and can't be used as an argument for or against D3 or PoE

go look at twitch as well....but it's obv d3 is doing better than poe the advertising alone would put it ahead
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
"
exorzist wrote:
i play d3 every day several hours but like to take a break now and then to eat n stuff .. and then i fire up some forums on my other screens because im a troll

Fixed

You're just praying this d3 expansion will make d3 a better game than PoE, and if that fails ( and it will ) you know you will just fall back to PoE.
"
I still feel the two games are on such different streams (hah, all puns intended) that nothing Blizzard could do to Diablo 3 would make it 'a threat' to Path of Exile, and vice versa.

Some people like Starbuck's, and some people like their local café.

To take the analogy further... Some people like good coffee served by polite, friendly waitstaff, and some prefer overpriced, pretentiously-presented, oversweetened hot coffee-esque beverages served by indifferent and snotty hipster barristas. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Aug 30, 2013, 1:45:35 AM
^ lol

Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info