[OUTDATED]Voltaxic Rift LA Witch

- lacks single target damage
- way too much stacked stuff that isnt necessary
- way too little es since you even plan on throwing out Rainbowstrides while not even picking up both Body&Soul wheels and miss a shield due to being bow based
- crit based without vaal pact making it next to impossible for you to do anything in reflect maps since Anger+WED is enough to completely fuck you over on a crit with 500% multiplier since LA chains by default, irrelevant whether or not you add it as a support
- running dual curses is pretty redundant when planning with that gear, bosses might justify it yet those dont really seem to be the focus of the build
(- the links overall are pretty questionable in my opinion)
- PCoC linked to LA is a complete waste, running a single target attack with increased chance + pcoc + faster attacks would be way better, even if its just a 4link
(- lack of experience on my part but if the bow converts every bit of lightning damage into chaos damage Static Blows shouldnt do anything because you dont have any lightning damage that triggers the shock)
"
nynyny wrote:
(- lack of experience on my part but if the bow converts every bit of lightning damage into chaos damage Static Blows shouldn't do anything because you don't have any lightning damage that triggers the shock)

Quote from Mark in the Unique items thread concerning this:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"hit with lightning damage" on the chance to shock stat is shorthand for "hit with damage of a type that can shock" because people were constantly complaining that, e.g. linking chance to ignite to ice nova didn't work.

If your chaos damage can shock, then chance to shock applies - it's effectively included as "lightning damage" for purposes of determining if you shock, and if so how hard.

Given the recent use of "your [type] damage can [status]" seen here and on Soul Taker, we may reconsider these descriptions to remove that part.
Alright, then the node at least has some use even though I still feel thats its a complete waste of points in a build that focuses on Crit.
"
nynyny wrote:
- lacks single target damage

If you actually knew anything about bows or lightning arrow, you would understand that i do have single target damage. I'm not going to explain it, because it should be obvious if you actually know what you're talking about.

"
- way too much stacked stuff that isnt necessary

Like?

"
- way too little es since you even plan on throwing out Rainbowstrides while not even picking up both Body&Soul wheels and miss a shield due to being bow based

The ES will still be alright, and this is helped by the fact that i'm immune to stun, always at very long range, and have significant regen.

Also, no rainbowstride only loses me around 500 ES, and i still get evasion from it, which converts to armour.

"
- crit based without vaal pact making it next to impossible for you to do anything in reflect maps since Anger+WED is enough to completely fuck you over on a crit with 500% multiplier since LA chains by default, irrelevant whether or not you add it as a support

LA doesn't chain, it has target selection in an AoE. It also doesn't deal AoE damage.
Learn your mechanics.

Anger+WED is definitely not enough to totally fuck you over while regenerating nearly a third of your ES per second.

"

- running dual curses is pretty redundant when planning with that gear, bosses might justify it yet those dont really seem to be the focus of the build

Damning is dropped when you get dual curse. Seems extremely obvious. The mods you can get on a ring are significantly better than anything you'd get out of the extra passive points.

"
(- the links overall are pretty questionable in my opinion)

No.

"
- PCoC linked to LA is a complete waste, running a single target attack with increased chance + pcoc + faster attacks would be way better, even if its just a 4link

1. That's a waste, because my damage is high enough that packs are cleared extremely fast regardless. It would take longer to build charges than it would be to just throw PCoC in place of FA.
2. Where am i going to get the links for that? You really don't understand how to build characters it seems. You don't have infinite slots, and i need the skills that i have.

To put this in a 4 link i would have to drop conversion trap and frost wall, remove IncAoE from my curses and throw blood rage in with them, meaning no duration on it either. I'd also have no single target damage.

"
(- lack of experience on my part but if the bow converts every bit of lightning damage into chaos damage Static Blows shouldnt do anything because you dont have any lightning damage that triggers the shock)

It works.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 25, 2013, 9:50:48 PM
Hi, nice guide. I too feel the Voltaxic is definitely the Witch's bow. This build looks very nice!

I did try another Witch build with ZO and the Blood Dance - it worked very well and you get massive ES regen.

Unfortunately it is extremely expensive with the bow, Shav, and Auxium.

Yeah, the currency required to get the gear is definitely the kicker with this build.
Low Life on this build I can see you getting 1 shot by probably any phys dmg mob in the game. As for CI your es will still be pretty laughable even with the life regen it still won't help you. Until you actually run this build and put it to its limit its all theory which isn't pretty solid if you ask me. Granted you probably don't care that you die or anything but once you hit a level where dying starts to matter this build wont be as good anymore. Just my opinion.

I also play with a level 95 witch that plays LA Frenzy and never has issues with reflect because of vaal pact making the bow pretty shitty for CI characters because I know for a fact that it out DPS' it.
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I too feel the Voltaxic is definitely the Witch's bow.

t.t

nvm.. I see you play hardcore. lvl 60 witch.
always got my nike socks on just incase any of you fucks needa get DUNKED on.

when I use to ball hard : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBOGxTYvFlGJsHQIUHPLs5w
Last edited by MixedHerb on Aug 26, 2013, 2:00:41 AM
"
Blastrophe wrote:
Granted you probably don't care that you die or anything but once you hit a level where dying starts to matter this build wont be as good anymore. Just my opinion.

He says to a person who plays exclusively HC.
When i get my good internet back i'll be able to download the patch and actually finish up this build.

The es will be low for ES, but not terrible.
The low life version is definitely trickier, however that's the price for the huge IAS boost. It's not required and is intended to be a big dip in survivability for more DPS.

I can also drop crit multiplier for ES if needed.
This build is designed with having 'enough' survivability in mind for what i want it to do, rather than being unkillable facetank. The non low life version still does good damage when used correctly, and is quite a bit tankier.

The regular version runs a bit above 7k ES.
Low life version drops ES by a LOT, but like i said it's not meant to be a survivability version. The regular version is what you take for survivability. I personally will be going with the CI version, as i value the extra ES more than the IAS. And naturally, of course, it's a WiP build.

One thing to note is that it may be worth giving up Eye of Chayula for a godly CI amulet due to being able to stay at full screen distance, however i'm not going to test that until i've already got myself with a decent chunk of ES.

It would be stun immunity VS about 500 es + amulet mods. Not something to really take lightly, because stun is a pretty big deal.

If Chayula and Iron Reflexes both get dropped, it hits just above 8k es, but Iron Reflexes is pretty handy to have against weaker mobs.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 26, 2013, 3:41:50 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Blastrophe wrote:
Granted you probably don't care that you die or anything but once you hit a level where dying starts to matter this build wont be as good anymore. Just my opinion.

He says to a person who plays exclusively HC.
When i get my good internet back i'll be able to download the patch and actually finish up this build.

The es will be low for ES, but not terrible.
The low life version is definitely trickier, however that's the price for the huge IAS boost. It's not required and is intended to be a big dip in survivability for more DPS.

I can also drop crit multiplier for ES if needed.
This build is designed with having 'enough' survivability in mind for what i want it to do, rather than being unkillable facetank. The non low life version still does good damage when used correctly, and is quite a bit tankier.

The regular version runs a bit above 7k ES.
Low life version drops ES by a LOT, but like i said it's not meant to be a survivability version. The regular version is what you take for survivability. I personally will be going with the CI version, as i value the extra ES more than the IAS. And naturally, of course, it's a WiP build.

One thing to note is that it may be worth giving up Eye of Chayula for a godly CI amulet due to being able to stay at full screen distance, however i'm not going to test that until i've already got myself with a decent chunk of ES.

It would be stun immunity VS about 500 es + amulet mods. Not something to really take lightly, because stun is a pretty big deal.

If Chayula and Iron Reflexes both get dropped, it hits just above 8k es, but Iron Reflexes is pretty handy to have against weaker mobs.

So you haven't played with the build and you don't know for sure how much es you will have. Let me give you some insight. I know someone with GFG (Ventor) with a witch CI bow build and I can say for certain that with the gear you plan on using and with the possibility that the gear you will be using wont be up to par with his its fair to say you wont touch 7k es with CI or not.
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info