[OUTDATED]Voltaxic Rift LA Witch

"
The_x_ile wrote:
hmmm... with high es armor + helm u can get decent amount of ES + 4 ES regen (shavrone make u get less ES regen because u will get alot of chaos dmg).
so ill have higher es and nice regen + alot of dmg and alot of ES leech so my survivability will be fine.
wake of destraction does much better dmg for u.
u right i can get 44% crit chance without crit gem and without crit weakness curse.
i will just simply shot all the time and wont need to waste time on cursing.

This is so wrong in every possible way.

You will have SIGNIFICANTLY less es with equivelant builds, because you destroyed your int and +es bonuses. The ES i lose by using non-es boots is already made up for by the Body and Soul nodes. You're also losing a huge amount of regen, and essentially all of your armour.

If you go for the CI version, you're losing 54% attack speed, and 2 auras. You already lost half of your auras and the ability to even use your skill by dropping all of your mana and int, so losing 2 more is going to gimp you hard.

Wake of destruction = no frenzy regen. This build has 6 frenzy charges for the entire purpose of regenning ES.

That crit chance i listed is with critical weakness.

You CAN'T one shot everything without cursing because your arrows will get stuck in the front/middle of packs. You need projectile weakness for its pierce chance.

You also don't have enough mana to use your lightning arrow. You won't be able to sustain it even with mana leech.

Don't post here anymore, you are refusing to acutally listen to logical explanations to things. Make your own build thread with your build.

You asked me for answers and i gave them multiple times. Another name to go on my list of people that aren't capable of responding properly to reasoning.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 25, 2013, 6:39:43 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

This is so wrong in every possible way.

You will have SIGNIFICANTLY less es with equivelant builds, because you destroyed your int and +es bonuses. The ES i lose by using non-es boots is already made up for by the Body and Soul nodes. You're also losing a huge amount of regen, and essentially all of your armour.

If you go for the CI version, you're losing 54% attack speed, and 2 auras. You already lost half of your auras and the ability to even use your skill by dropping all of your mana and int, so losing 2 more is going to gimp you hard.

Wake of destruction = no frenzy regen. This build has 6 frenzy charges for the entire purpose of regenning ES.

im not comparing YOUR CI skill tree, but MINE CI skill tree, to your low life skilltree vs mine CI skill tree, so far all good? k

u get 54 % attack speed , while my skill tree get 38% increased attack speed from tree + 15% more from blood rage (no lost because of boots). so thats 53% increased attack, only 1% difference.....

i will have more ES because of my 1000 ES armor compare to your 550 ES shavrone.... u maybe take body and soul nodes, but i take the CI nodes and have more base ES.....
and i dont really have much less INT than yours, i can close to yours with armor

about the 2 auras, u r ofcourse right , but, i get 120 more lightning dmg from boots wich is compareable to anger aura, and i wont use grace at all, cause really dont think that is needed here with high ES + 4 regen + HIGH life leech

"
Xendran wrote:

That crit chance i listed is with critical weakness.

nop, it isnt : i have 440 % increased chance to crit from MY passive skill tree, add to that 6 power charges make it 740% add to that quiver with 40$ u have 780 - end in 44% to crit WITHOUT curse, pls tell me where im wrong here.

"
Xendran wrote:

You CAN'T one shot everything without cursing because your arrows will get stuck in the front/middle of packs. You need projectile weakness for its pierce chance.

i still have 35% chance to pierce, and even if not, i hit badly anything that was close to me. aruably maybe u need projectile weakness curse.

"
Xendran wrote:

You also don't have enough mana to use your lightning arrow. You won't be able to sustain it even with mana leech.

can u be more specific? i will have 6% of MASSIVE dmg, dont see why it wont cut it.
and there r still mana potion in the rare case i wont have enough.

"
Xendran wrote:

Don't post here anymore, you are refusing to acutally listen to logical explanations to things. Make your own build thread with your build.

3 things:
1. u dont have power or authority to tell me where to post.
2. u sound like a child complaining insted of reasonable commet.
3. i heard everything u say, u r right about the less armor, maybe u right and u cant play this cannon like class without TONS of armor, i think u r wrong.

and , in all of that, i didnt even mention my : 60% increased accuarcy rating, 55% increased projectil dmg , 15% increased elemental dmg , 68 % increased lightning dmg . which make HUGE dmg diffrance
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Aug 25, 2013, 7:18:53 AM
"
i will have more ES because of my 1000 ES armor compare to your 550 ES shavrone.... u maybe take body and soul nodes, but i take the CI nodes and have more base ES.....
and i dont really have much less INT than yours, i can close to yours with armor

You're missing 110 intelligence. That's more than a third. That's 22% ES and 55 mana, as well as requirements for int skills.

You have so much less ES that you'd actually end up with a pretty similar amount of ES on CI as you would with low-life. That's not a good thing. Low life gives you the benefit of that 54% ias and 2 free auras.

"
about the 2 auras, u r ofcourse right , but, i get 120 more lightning dmg from boots wich is compareable to anger aura, and i wont use grace at all, cause really dont think that is needed here with high ES + 4 regen + HIGH life leech

Q20 Leech is 24% per second. You can recover 28% of your HP per second maximum with your setup, so it doesn't matter how much damage you do above a threshold. You also can't recover your mana and are dropping a ring slot that could contain 36% weapon elemental damage, along with other modifiers. Dropping a ring slot is much more extreme than you think. There's a reason that it's "Godly Ring / Shavronne's Revelation" and not just one. It's because you need to adjust based on your needs. Being forced to always run revelation is not a good thing. With Blood Dance regen, you aren't forced into Shavronne's ring.

Your ES won't be high at all. You're missing boots and a shield. Boots don't matter too much, but a shield is a big hit considering how low your ES% is.

Like, you're going to end up with around 5k ES at level 90. That's dangerous.

"
nop, it isnt : i have 440 % increased chance to crit from MY passive skill tree, add to that 6 power charges make it 740% add to that quiver with 40$ u have 780 - end in 44% to crit WITHOUT curse, pls tell me where im wrong here.

Didn't factor quiver in, didn't think you would take a power charge as a bandit reward.
Also, no crit curse is going to significantly hurt your multiplier.

"
i still have 35% chance to pierce, and even if not, i hit badly anything that was close to me. aruably maybe u need projectile weakness curse.

You're overestimating the initial damage of lightning arrow.

"

can u be more specific? i will have 6% of MASSIVE dmg, dont see why it wont cut it.
and there r still mana potion in the rare case i wont have enough.

Q20 mana leech is 14% per second. That's not enough unless you get a bunch of mana on your gear.

"
and , in all of that, i didnt even mention my : 60% increased accuarcy rating, 55% increased projectil dmg , 15% increased elemental dmg , 68 % increased lightning dmg . which make HUGE dmg diffrance

If you can survive, yes. This build is designed for clearing the highest level maps on hardcore with difficult mods.

Also, you're losing a potential 36% weapon elemental damage because of your ring. (as well as other mods). Another thing, because LA deals its dps by doing a TON of hits per second, that 18% increased damage taken while on low life can add up pretty fast. As soon as the hits take them below 35, all the hits from 35 and below will have a *1.18 multiplier on them. Very nice for packs of magic mobs with high hp.

DPS isn't everything, and if you do get higher DPS from that while running one curse, the GIANT amount of survivability you gave up isn't worth it.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 25, 2013, 7:50:09 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

You're missing 110 intelligence. That's more than a third. That's 22% ES and 55 mana, as well as requirements for int skills.

You have so much less ES that you'd actually end up with a pretty similar amount of ES on CI as you would with low-life. That's not a good thing. Low life gives you the benefit of that 54% ias and 2 free auras.

first of all thx for your reasonable reply, i really am appreciate it, just want all to benefit after all :)

im missing 90 intelligence, not 110 u forgot Mental Acuity node.
and as i said, u can get 50 more on armor, so thats drop to 40 intellegance - in my opinion, not a big deal.

"
Xendran wrote:

Q20 Leech is 24% per second. You can recover 28% of your HP per second maximum, so it doesn't matter how much damage you do above a threshold.

u r right about that, but as range build, u not suppose to stay there for long and take those hits, further more, the stronger the opponent is, the less effective armor become. so i think that dodging might help survivability.

"
Xendran wrote:

You also can't recover your mana and are dropping a ring slot that could contain 36% weapon elemental damage, along with other modifiers. Dropping a ring slot is much more extreme than you think. There's a reason that it's "Godly Ring / Shavronne's Revelation" and not just one. It's because you need to adjust based on your needs. Being forced to always run revelation is not a good thing. With Blood Dance regen, you aren't forced into Shavronne's ring.

also here u r right of course, but as i understand u doing same thing? if not u see that the regen from this with higher total ES is maybe even superior to regen with boots.
"
Xendran wrote:

Your ES won't be high at all. You're missing boots and a shield. Boots don't matter too much, but a shield is a big hit considering how low your ES% is.

Like, you're going to end up with around 5k ES at level 90. That's dangerous.

u r partly right here, after my calculation i get to 5.6k ES which isn't MASSIVE but in my opinion make u pretty tough.

"
Xendran wrote:

Didn't factor quiver in, didn't think you would take a power charge as a bandit reward.
Also, no crit curse is going to significantly hurt your multiplier.

again , u right, but 220% multiplier (from passive ) + 70 from quiver + 70 from amu = 440 % multiplier, with high base flat dmg + high (almost half) percentage of actually doing the crit, that's really all u need anyway u 1-2 kill almost everything. and should use different attack for the 1 left rally strong enemy ( we talking here about REALLY massive dmg.

"
Xendran wrote:

You're overestimating the initial damage of lightning arrow.

well with 325 + 120 boots + 100 gloves + 150 wrath + abit of dmg from ring + quiver + amu + 50% of physical convert u can get to 800 flat lightning dmg pure. not sure exactly how to calculte that, but with 75% increaced elemental dmg , and 92% incread lightning dmg , and weapon elemental dmg 80% more, u get something like 4.8 k (currect me if im wrong here, really not sure about that), and thats not include projectile dmg, phys convertion and other stuff, so thats clost to be your dmg per projectile, that chain, and pierce , and aoe, and all this shit. i think thats really enough but currect me about that.

"
Xendran wrote:

Q20 mana leech is 14% per second. That's not enough unless you get a bunch of mana on your gear.

lets say i only hit 3 enemies with that dmg thats 4.8*3 = 14.4k take 14$ of that u get 2000 mana per sec, so half a sec (the time it takes u to shot) u get 1000 mana - seems more than enough for me. (and u usually hit more than 3 + chain and all that).

"
Xendran wrote:

Also, you're losing a potential 36% weapon elemental damage because of your ring. (as well as other mods).

currect again, but mandatory.
"
Xendran wrote:

DPS isn't everything, and if you do get higher DPS from that while running one curse, the GIANT amount of survivability you gave up isn't worth it.

i still dont see why u think that grace (which is pretty much all of your es / armor ) alone is that GIANT amount of survivability, it is important, vs a lot of low dmg hits u might get, but wont really help vs the really strong guys, which r pretty much your only problem
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
Going to sleep now, so shorter post

"
lets say i only hit 3 enemies with that dmg thats 4.8*3 = 14.4k take 14$ of that u get 2000 mana per sec,

It's 14% of YOUR mana per second. If you have 1k mana you can get back 140/sec. If you have 500 you will only get 70/sec.

"
i still dont see why u think that grace (which is pretty much all of your es / armor ) alone is that GIANT amount of survivability, it is important, vs a lot of low dmg hits u might get, but wont really help vs the really strong guys, which r pretty much your only problem

The giant amount of survivability is the fact that you're losing so much ES (which also means a loss of regen in %, and you have lower base regen as well) as well as ES on ring + resists/damage. The grace + ir combo is there so that you can completely ignore small physical mobs, and get a hefty chunk of armour from granite + not that many modifiers.
also about the shavrone ring, we both forgot that the ring have + to mana + 75 intelligence, which is also GREAT. for es and mana
my builds:
"
Xendran wrote:

It's 14% of YOUR mana per second. If you have 1k mana you can get back 140/sec. If you have 500 you will only get 70/sec.

actually u got me confused, from where u brought that 14%? mana leech gem bring back 5% (not 14) of your Total dmg.

"
Xendran wrote:

The giant amount of survivability is the fact that you're losing so much ES (which also means a loss of regen in %, and you have lower base regen as well) as well as ES on ring + resists/damage. The grace + ir combo is there so that you can completely ignore small physical mobs, and get a hefty chunk of armour from granite + not that many modifiers.

still dont get that, why u say i loose ES when i clearly (with ring) have much more ES than in your low life build? i have alot more es, maybe abit less regen (4% insted of 6%), but that still not making the big diffrance, and enough to cover (with really fast life leech) any small hit
my builds:
Last edited by The_x_ile on Aug 25, 2013, 8:54:17 AM
"
The_x_ile wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

actually u got me confused, from where u brought that 14%? mana leech gem bring back 5% (not 14) of your Total dmg.

"
Xendran wrote:

still dont get that, why u say i loose ES when i clearly (with ring) have much more ES than in your low life build? i have alot more es, maybe abit less regen (4% insted of 6%), but that still not making the big diffrance, and enough to cover (with really fast life leech) any small hit

Mana leech gives 5% of damage dealt as mana, but it is capped at 12.5% of your max mana per second. Quality improves this cap.
didnt know it, thx
my builds:
One thing to note is you CAN go power charge on critical if you use the critical weakness curse if you do it right. It does lose some survivabililty though. It's a good tradeoff though, if you use the curses.

The other changes you made, though, i would still leave out.
Dropped inner force for 70% crit multiplier (worth it to me).

EDIT: Yeah, PCoC's dps works well as long as you maintain both curses and have static blows to keep shocks up in between crits really well. Keeps your survivability high compared to your more offensive one where you drop a rather extreme amount of survivability.

Without critical weakness, PCoC is lackluster.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 25, 2013, 5:34:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info