ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Junkx wrote:
where is that at?

Hi JunKx! His main build was armor, but it could not do Uber so he redid it as evasion with dodge. You can see his post here with his gear and tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590/page/29#p8269383

He uses Kaom's for chest, Saffell frame, evasion helm, Atziri step. I'm not sure what weapon.

You should maybe add a link to this on your thread? This is the first true evasion tank I have seen. I've always wanted to try and build one, but I like DPS xD.

I was in the process of making a low-life Lightning Strike build to do Uber, but Hope is still quite expensive and the build might be affected by the big patch so I have put it on hold for now.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 7, 2014, 9:46:13 PM
cool beans. ya not gonna post it on my thread, my thread can die for all i care, lol.

ya def best to see what changes with the patch before continuing on much, smart move. would be sweet to keep that low-life LS build going tho thats for sure
"
Junkx wrote:
cool beans. ya not gonna post it on my thread, my thread can die for all i care, lol.

ya def best to see what changes with the patch before continuing on much, smart move. would be sweet to keep that low-life LS build going tho thats for sure

Haha, I think your thread help change the meta.

Since I can't do Uber anytime soon, I am actually trying to see how little HP I need to do Atziri - I have taken it down to 2.9K lol and can do her with no deaths, will try and go lower to maybe 2-2.5K and see lol.

I'm also testing out double curse with Conductivity + Elemental Weakness = should give me well over -100% lightning resistance and some nice shocks.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Since I can't do Uber anytime soon, I am actually trying to see how little HP I need to do Atziri - I have taken it down to 2.9K lol and can do her with no deaths, will try and go lower to maybe 2-2.5K and see lol.

I'm also testing out double curse with Conductivity + Elemental Weakness = should give me well over -100% lightning resistance and some nice shocks.

holy crap - nuts to all those people that say you need 5k+ hp to do anything, lolol
"
Junkx wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

holy crap - nuts to all those people that say you need 5k+ hp to do anything, lolol

I managed to do full Atziri run with no deaths, no portals, no auras on ~2.7K HP lol. I cannot go down further on the tree because all the other life nodes are tied/linked to strength nodes that I need in order to use my red gems.

This is the tree I ended up with. I took out many life nodes and put it into accuracy, and lightning damage.

There was one hairy situation at Atziri when I nearly die to reflect. This was something I randomly decided to do for fun; but to me this helps to demonstrate the concept of effective HP and also makes me appreciate how important movement is.

Here is the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2HPoAccSZ4&feature=youtu.be

duuude - you see a glimpse of that passive tree change? they really revamped the shadow/upper ranger area. im itchin to see the full change bad - hopefully it doesn't negatively affect rangers efficiency with points but we'll see.

the other changes look amazing too - makes me wanna rebuild a computer and play again! lol
"
Junkx wrote:
duuude - you see a glimpse of that passive tree change? they really revamped the shadow/upper ranger area. im itchin to see the full change bad - hopefully it doesn't negatively affect rangers efficiency with points but we'll see.

the other changes look amazing too - makes me wanna rebuild a computer and play again! lol

Haha, I saw it! It looks amazing. Too early to speculate but this is my wishlist:

1. Improved Nullification clusters to be on par with Faith and Steel / Body and Soul armor nodes
2. Improved Ondar's Guile -> Acro -> Phase Acro bridge. I am hoping Phase Acro is a separate node now, but I doubt they will do that
3. Improved claw nodes
4. Improved evasion cluster nodes - almost no builds go to the evasion wheel by the Scion, so it would be interesting to see if they move this inwards and buff the nodes.

I believe Ranger start won't change, only the outsides. I can't wait to see the full tree so I can plan the respec or maybe build as Shadow / Witch depending on how good they changed those areas.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 1, 2014, 7:59:03 AM
I seriously thought that your LS build was able to do Uber due to the high dodge/ev/block. Do you think that there is a way to tweak the build in order to kill her?

PD: I'm agree with your build has succeeded, but the fact that you do normal Atziri with such ease and in Uber you have problems even with Vaals really impresses me.
Last edited by tinx9 on Aug 1, 2014, 2:30:05 PM
"
I seriously thought that your LS build was able to do Uber due to the high dodge/ev/block. Do you think that there is a way to tweak the build in order to kill her?

PD: I'm agree with your build has succeeded, but the fact that you do normal Atziri with such ease and in Uber you have problems even with Vaals really impresses me.

I do believe that this build can do Uber, just takes some practice and of course currency to buy the fragments xD. I am sure more builds could do Uber if they could access the content.

I only tried Uber once back in late March before I took a break from the game. I had 2 sets - one I sold and the other I kept to try. A few things have changed with the build and how I play - movement and positioning was tough for me back in March since I was still fresh from my axe build. I've been playing Lightning Strike for a while now and I feel that I am getting better with my movement and positioning which is super important for keeping you alive, as staying still = death in some cases.

When I did Uber - I had problems at the Vaal because they would sometimes freeze me, or stun lock me with the ball lightning. However ball lightning has been changed so that you cannot get hit that often I believe - so I think this would make the Vaal's easier. With more movement I should be getting frozen a lot less as well. My DPS is now higher as well with some changes to the gems and curses.

The last remaining problem is Atziri - I need a way to clear the minions that heal her. I know that my current LS DPS is not enough to kill them fast enough. There are a few ideas I am working on to help with this phase. But until I can figure that out I know Uber will be a very long fight which makes it more risky.

I am constantly working on the build and making it stronger. However, the new tree is coming out so a lot of things may have to change - with gems, auras, passive points, etc.

UPDATE ON CURSES:

I've been doing some additional tests, and I'm really liking 20/20 Crit Weakness + 20/20 Elemental Weakness which so far is giving me the highest damage out of all the other curses for Lightning Strike.

These are all the juicy damage multipliers:

- ~1.6x-3.3x multiplier on lightning and cold damage (Hatred) due to the -59% res from 20/20 Elemental Weakness, the range depends on if a mob has 0% (1.6x increase) or 75% (3.3x increase) lightning resistance

- ~1.8x multiplier on all damage with Crit Weakness - you can crit a lot easier shock a lot easier

- ~2.0x multiplier on all damage with shocks which are much much easier with Elemental Weakness. I also tried 20/20 Conductivity - which makes it easier to shock with quality, however you do not get the -res on quality like Elemental Weakness. So if you had only level 20 gems with no quality - Conductivity would be better. But comparing 20/20s - Elemental Weakness is better. Ele Weakness also increases all elemental damage (lightning + cold + any fire you may have).

UPDATE TO BUILD:

I managed to upgrade the build to use Acuity + Blood Rage with no degen effect, this allowed me to free up a slot in BofR so I could add another damage gem. The Acuity helps counteract a weakness with the LS build which is that the life leech gem was much much slower life regeneration compared to the instant LGOH + Double Strike combo in the original axe.

I had to find a way to work around: i) resistances on 2 rings and belt, ii) sustaining Blood Rage, and iii) Strength requirement

Pros:
- Attack speed
- Instant life leech
- Crit Chance
- Can add another damage gem to BofR and take out Life Leech gem

Cons:
- Resistances will not be highly overcapped

1. Gloves

I took off my evasion gloves and tried out Atziri Acuity -> it gives some good life, crit chance, and instant leech which is insane with this build, absolutely insane. You literally CANNOT die with this build using these gloves unless
i) one-shot, or
ii) frozen / stun-locked.
You avoid so much damage, and when you do take a hit you are back to full HP instantly. It is OP. It is even more insane when you consider you can leech to full HP instantly from ranged distance with Lightning Strike - without ever having to get close in in melee range

2. Resistances

Lost resistances on gloves. If you decide to use Acuity you will be left with only the following slots to get resistances:
i) left ring
ii) right ring
iii) belt
As a result you will most likely have to run Purity of Elements - which is very easy to do with this build since the only other aura you will be running is Hatred.

3. Switch to Blood Rage (credits: feelgod)

feelgod posted in this thread how he had used BR with this build. He was able to get ~75% chaos resistance on his gear since in Ambush these pieces were very cheap. This allows you to drop Life Leech gem and add in another damage gem like PPAD / Additional Accuracy / PCOC / Inc. Crit Chance / WED

I have -60% chaos resistance however I am able to run Blood Rage with no degen using the below. This is only when I am moving between fights. During fights Blood Rage degen is not a problem at all with leech of course

- Vitality aura
- 1 Surgeon's Hallowed Life Flask - you need Hallowed flask since it gives longest duration of regen (8 seconds) and also has capacity to be used 3 times, which is what we want to counteract Blood Rage and minimize sips. You can use 2 if you want to be extra safe however I found one to be more than enough since it gives 3 uses and lasts 8 seconds per use. With recharge on crit you will always be able to use this flask

These 2 completely counteract the degen effect of Blood Rage and gives a very slow regen, although I have to be careful on maps with Vulnerability or reduced life regen mods.

With Vitality up and 3 charges on Hallowed flask you can sustain Blood Rage with NO degen for 24 seconds. Although I also have Blood Rage set up on my weapon so that I can quickly deactivate by using weapon-swap hotkey "X" and then swapping back to my main again.

The benefits you get from Blood Rage are:

- More life leech - up to 10% life leech vs. 8% with life leech gem - this gives more instant life with Acuity
- Frenzy charges on kill = increased attack speed
- If you somehow get to low HP the low-life bonus will kick in and you will get 54% increased attack speed = even more leech with Acuity

Downsides are you have to drop Purity of Elements and run Vitality instead so you will need to get the following on your 2 rings and belt:

- belt: ~40% all re
- rings: ~50% all res
- Except lightning which you can get less of since we already have ~25% lightning resistance from Rathpith's Globe
This will give you a total of ~140% each resistance, which will leave you at 75% all res and overcapped by ~5% since you will need to go from -60% to 75% for all res

So now this build is using 6 uniques: BofR, Rathpith Globe, Stone of Lazhwar, Atziri Step, and Atziri Acuity so it is getting a bit tight in terms of gear constraints.

4. Strength

If you have strength problems:

- Lightning Strike requires 151 strength
- I had Strength problems because I switched to a new belt to give me better resistances and this belt does not have Strength compared to my old one
- So I switched from Eldritch Battery to Primal Spirit which gives +20 Strength (and +20 Int.)
- If you still have trouble with Strength you will need to get a belt with +Strength and good tri-res

I still need to make changes to the tree to take more advantage of Frenzy charges, and elemental damage (Arcing Blows - if I decide to level up)

If you are having a lot of trouble filling resistances you can easily take out Vitality and run Purity of Elements to fill your resistances, however you will need to make sure you get to fights quickly, and have BR on weapon swap in case you need to take it out quickly. You could also keep the red slot on BofR -> take out life leech but keep it with you-> and add a red damage gem like WED or Added Fire Damage. That way if you find yourself having trouble on a certain map you can take out the red gem and put back in Life Leech gem into the red socket on the fly.

Updated Gear and Links:

I had to cram as much as I could into Rathpith's Globe because I love using Vaal Grace on my dagger and like to have Blood Rage to be on weapon-swap so shield is the only available option.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 5, 2014, 8:46:53 AM
i have to say this build is trash without the dagger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info