ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Been getting questions on how to improve ranged mode of this build. Yes - the build is not optimal for ranged version of projectiles for LS because of Bringer of Rain. However for me, I am more concerned about bosses so I have focused on the melee single target damage of LS with Bringer of Rain. If you would like to play more ranged with this build, here is what I recommend:

- Remove Bringer of Rain (you will lose some HP, 15% block, some spell block, and you will lose Blind)

- Equip high evasion chest with resistances and HP

- Equip one of the following helms:

- With Vertex: you gain very high mana with ES and Eldritch Battery, you can also put heavy curse set up or heavy spell totem set up in the Vertex to take advantage of the reduce mana cost. This will not work with auras, but auras can benefit from the +1 to all gems in the Vertex. You also get high evasion

- With Alpha Howl: you gain very strong auras, less mana reserved, cannot be frozen. Also has high evasion.

- Set up your 6L chest with: LS - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Multistrike - WED - PCOC - Inc. Crit Damage. If you need leech, maybe take out PCOC or WED and replace with Life Leech gem.

- You will have less life with this set up, but tradeoff is you will have much stronger range, stronger auras, better resistances, and much better mana if you Vertex

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 18, 2014, 8:57:13 AM
Hello!

Firstly thanks for your two wonderful builds, I enjoyed both :)
Did you try out weapon elemental damage as support gem? Is lightning pen better than it? Sadly i found quite hard to calculate the difference.
Ow, and by the way, if that's so effective, shouldn't you take the 30% lightning node Arcing blows?

Thanks!
Last edited by Selath on Jul 19, 2014, 9:16:46 PM
"
Selath wrote:
Hello!

Firstly thanks for your two wonderful builds, I enjoyed both :)
Did you try out weapon elemental damage as support gem? Is lightning pen better than it? Sadly i found quite hard to calculate the difference.
Ow, and by the way, if that's so effective, shouldn't you take the 30% lightning node Arcing blows?

Thanks!

Hi, happy you like the builds. I tried WED before but highest damage boost I found was Inc. Crit Damage. Bringer of Rain makes it hard to get flexibility on gems to use since you are tied to using LS + Multistrike, and since I need Life Leech, I only have 1 spare slot to use - so Inc. Crit Damage works for me. Also Inc. Crit Damage will increase both the physical and lightning part of your attack and projectiles, whereas WED only increase the lightning (and cold from Hatred)

Lightning Pen is extremely good but it has a high mana multiplier. WED also has a high mana multiplier. InC. Crit Damage hits the sweet spot - not too high mana multiplier and very high damage.

I would love to get either Arcing Blows (30% increased lightning damage) or Fencing (24% increased physical damage), but I am strapped for points and I need more levels. I think Fencing would give me more DPS since it would increase both the physical and lightning base by 24% whereas Arcing Blows would only increase the lightning by 30%. This is what my tree would be at level 100 below. I get Arcing Blows, Fencing, Lightning Damage + Shock, Power Charge, Nullification, and some aura node:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgSxBX0FtQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrR6BJDwk_SaVJ2EnqTBxMgE6QjpYPeJI7klRSn1LeEuNTGBVS1bqVvVW-lptYeJnoG17cFJwVnRBd9d4rn11feN_K3_GhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaX0JoTmyado6EiokCjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbTFtUi307k-u-PAUcHFwuzEosaizerPetN-1CPVANaK18vaPdtu29TdqN7244TnVOd06NbrFO1B7g7z6vT4_Kv8xf66_xwj9u_wWki3FziWY0OIaxnXcLvZEy9vtvcRLxOepJGCHtsL

Hope this helps...
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 19, 2014, 10:13:53 PM
It did help me, thanks!

hallo, I have a few questions^
1) what dagger is requiered for this build? Will 250-270pdps be enough?
2) Why have you took projectile nodes, although you are using LS in melee?
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
hallo, I have a few questions^
1) what dagger is requiered for this build? Will 250-270pdps be enough?
2) Why have you took projectile nodes, although you are using LS in melee?

250-270 DPS should be enough. I made a video of level 77 Shrine video with 200DPS dagger in the video section, I was level 90 - but it helps to show the damage with a low dagger.

I took projectile nodes because I use range sometimes in difficult situations, but you are right that most of the time I use melee. However, your AOE comes from the projectiles because the melee attack is single target and we do not use melee splash. So getting those nodes and Ballistic Mastery are useful to help your range and AOE damage.

I have also posted tips on how to build if you want to focus on the projectiles only. Also Projectile Weakness curse is great to use because it gives you more AOE DPS through higher damage, higher chance to hit, and 100% pierce chance if you have a quality Lightning Strike.
go cery
BoR is useless for ST right?

And btw, did you tried Uber with the dodge build?
Last edited by tinx9 on Jul 24, 2014, 9:32:55 PM
"
BoR is useless for ST right?

And btw, did you tried Uber with the dodge build?

Hi! Yes that is right about BofR - it does not work with ST. ST also needs a support like LMP to make it do decent AOE damage. It also does not have high single target damage. This is why I found Lightning Strike to be perfect for this build because you can build it as melee in Bringer of Rain and get free AOE without LMP while still having high single target damage at 120% damage multiplier for Lightning Strike.

I tried Uber but was not able to do it. The damage is too much for my 3.9K life xD. Even the Vaal's were able to freeze me with their ice storms. I also do not have enough DPS on my LS to kill the healing mobs. I would like to practice more on Uber but I know that a) it is too expensive to buy Mortal Hope (30ex+), and b) I will still have trouble killing the healing mobs.

Anyway, I am very happy with this build and the cost and how far I have been able to take it. I have been able to do all bosses except Uber Atziri.

Anyway, if you want to see a true evasion tank, I think Gellig has finally made one; check out his thread where he uses evasion + dodge build to AFK at Uber.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 24, 2014, 10:01:06 PM
where is that at?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info