ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
What's your dps w/o mirrored dagger?

Check my video on level 77 Shrine Piety with 200 pDPS dagger in the video section of LS - I had about 12K LS damage, I used Light Pen support gem with LS + LL + Multistrike. If you use something like LS + Inc. Crit Damage + Multistrike + WED or Added Fire Damage - your DPS will be much higher. I can test and post those numbers.

Light Pen has no affect on the tooltip DPS but helps a lot against elemental resistance mobs if you do the math - you will see it gives the highest damage increase against those mobs.

Yeah, I noticed that DPS is still high w/o mirrored, but just wanted to know some numbers :p

I'm currently following your build, and planning to link LS+MS+Inc. Crit dmg with 350 dps dagger, hope I'll do good amount of dmg :P
I also thought on a Lightning Coil build, but to be honest I don't see it 1/4 good as it is with BoR, specially for the Blind support gem that I see very useful(don't think worth put it on a 6L). The only way I see a LC build viable is with Abyssus and it still wouldn't be in general terms.

Btw, what bandits u helped on LS build?

And does "Shock" node over Mental Acuity worth taking?

Thx.
Posting stats

BASE STATS IN LAB

Defence: - only Purity of Ice ON, Jade flask OFF
Spoiler

Offence: - only Hatred ON. (Lightning Strike + Life Leech + Multistrike + Inc. Crit Damage)
Spoiler

STATS IN BATTLE WITH SOLO BUFFS

Defence: - Jade Flask ON, Vaal Grace ON (Jade flask is increasing the evasion to ~54%, Vaal Grace is increasing the Dodge and Spell Dodge to 75%)
Spoiler

Offence: - Power Charges x3, Atziri Flask (Lightning Strike + Life Leech + Multistrike + Inc. Crit Damage = 77K. Taking out Life Leech and using Added Fire Damage instead would give me 97K)
Spoiler
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 15, 2014, 4:17:55 PM
"
I also thought on a Lightning Coil build, but to be honest I don't see it 1/4 good as it is with BoR, specially for the Blind support gem that I see very useful(don't think worth put it on a 6L). The only way I see a LC build viable is with Abyssus and it still wouldn't be in general terms.

Btw, what bandits u helped on LS build?

And does "Shock" node over Mental Acuity worth taking?

Thx.

Ok interesting, thanks for posting.

Bandits depend on your preferences. I recommend:
- Normal: help Oak for +40 base life
- Cruel: help Oak for +18% physical damage
- Merciless: help Alira for power charge if you use power charges, or just kill all

That Shock node is not that great - you'd be better off taking Arcing Blows for 30% increased lightning damage. If you want more shocks: use Light Pen gem + Conductivity Curse
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 15, 2014, 4:30:25 PM
Been doing some tests with PPAD and I am loving this gem:

- The 50% MORE physical attack damage is huge and it increases the full projectile damage since the lightning part is based off of the physical part. You will notice way more shocks and longer duration of freezes.

- What sucks is that you cannot see the projectile DPS on the tooltip, but if you play a lot of range with Lightning Strike and have one of these lying around I recommend you test it out. I noticed a huge boost to my ranged damage and combined with Projectile Weakness curse my clear speeds were much much faster and I was really happy with the results.

- The good thing though is that your ranged DPS with just projectiles will be quite high and you may end up just playing ranged with LS 90% of the time. If that is the case: take out Bringer of Rain and use a 6L evasion chest and either Alpha's Howl or a nice evasion helmet with life - since you will be playing mostly at range you will not need the following from Bringer of Rain: Blind, Melee Physical Damage, the 15% block loss is a downside though.

There seems to be a bug with Lightning Strike where it looks like the projectiles are hitting but you will see no damage on the target - this happens to me sometimes and I recommend moving position as soon as you notice this happening.

Also, for leveling these 3 items are extremely good and give you great value for your money, they are so cheap and I used them on a new Ranger from level 8 up to her current level 54, although I recommmend going up to level 40 and then looking for upgrades.

EDIT
- Actually without Bringer of Rain and using Alpha's Howl and EB instead I can run 2 60% auras and have about 258 mana left remaining and I can use LS comfortably with no mana issues (unspecc'd from Dodge). My cold resistance is at 70% and I cannot be Frozen with Alpha's so I am happy taking off Purity of Ice. I am sure I can get to max cold resistance by getting some new rings or belt.
- I am testing out the following auras to add to Hatred: Wrath / Grace / Discipline (with EB should give me a ton of mana to try some interesting stuff and maybe allow me to spec back into dodge)
- But overall this is less defensive than the main build because I am lacking block, blind and dodge, which is not a HUGE problem since the design is to play almost 100% at range.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 22, 2014, 11:15:38 AM
I love this game, but one thing that has always bugged me are their tooltips. You should be able to see how much your projectiles are doing. There are instances like this all over the game - they really should fix/enhancee whatever so damage tooltips are accurate for the whole skill.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Yeah it is really annoying that you can't see projectile DPS and hopefully they can add this in sometime soon to either show projectile DPS or combine it into the full DPS number.

UPDATE

- I tested out the PPAD in a 6L chest and it works extremely well (see recommended links below), however I'll be switching back to melee type and Bringer of Rain because I play 75% of the time in melee range and the block and blind are just too good
- I still need to optimize the main build a bit, I don't have any leech on gear yet and I need Purity of Ice because my cold resistance is not optimized on gear. I'll try and upgrade my belt / gloves / rings for some leech and fix my cold res. I can then drop Purity of Ice aura and maybe run a different aura or just keep the extra mana, and then I can take out Life Leech gem from my Bringer of Rain and use LS + MS + Inc. Crit Damage + Light Pen - which I believe strongest damage combo is Inc. Crit Damage + Light Pen gem
- However, if you prefer playing in ranged mode the majority of the time I highly recommend this set up in a 6L chest:
Lightning Strike
Increased Crit Damage
Physical Projectile Attack Damage
Faster Attacks / Multistrike
PCOC (since you can't really use Whirling Blades to gain Power Charges with PCOC if you play mostly at range)
Life Leech / Added Fire Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage

And then set up Projectile Weakness curse with Faster Casting and Blood Magic so you can easily spam it as you please.

I realized most of my vids are just of bosses so I'll make a quick vid of a map run to show how the build does on regular stuff.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 23, 2014, 8:14:25 AM
I really enjoy the Axe variation of this build. I found the build quite effective and, with Soul Taker and Frenzy, is was really a solid build all around.

So, I have a question on the dagger variation of the build. Is a Bino's Kitchen Knife an acceptable weapon for this build? It would appear so, but wanted your thoughts. I can't afford the mirrored dagger and Bino's seems like a reasonable alternative.

Thanks!
bino's is very expensive. im sure it works great but for that price you can get a fantastic rare dagger with much better damage and just slightly lower crit chance.
"
mookiiee wrote:
I really enjoy the Axe variation of this build. I found the build quite effective and, with Soul Taker and Frenzy, is was really a solid build all around.

So, I have a question on the dagger variation of the build. Is a Bino's Kitchen Knife an acceptable weapon for this build? It would appear so, but wanted your thoughts. I can't afford the mirrored dagger and Bino's seems like a reasonable alternative.

Thanks!

Hi, unfortunately I have specc'd into my low-life Lightning Strike so I can't test Bino's at the moment. But Bino's should be fine - I posted a vid of me using a 200 DPS dagger on Level 77 map in the vid section so people can see how the build can perform with a low damage dagger.

In general, Bino's is a very good dagger for the regen which a lot of people find helpful and some people have seen up to 700HP/s regen with Bino's. I am not sure of the cost though so if it is really expensive as JunKX said you might want to try using a strong rare first and can then upgrade later.

Here are some tips if you are looking to increase your damage
- Light Pen and Inc. Crit Damage are probably the best gems for increasing damage of both ranged and melee attack
- Your melee attack is already strong because it is single target at 120% damage multiplier
- If you need more AOE - focus on projectile damage and use Projectile Weakness to get 100% pierce with a quality LS. Best support gem to use to help your projectiles is PPAD

EDIT: One thing to note coming from the Axe build to the LS build - you need to be careful with LS because it will not apply Blind in AOE effectively since there is no splash. Just be careful of any monsters coming to your side or behind you that are not Blinded.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 13, 2014, 8:12:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info