ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

In your vids you use Lightning Strike, but this guide is for double strike.. wtf? Please update your build with Lightning Strike build and what you link it with..

EDit: nvm found it on page 62, thanks
Last edited by Nazrak123 on Mar 22, 2014, 9:28:50 PM
"
StylishHokie wrote:
Excellent build! I'm following your lightning strike build.I do have one question though. I'm currently lvl 34 right now and still trying to acquire certain gems. What do you recommend I upgrade?
Spoiler

Hi man, thanks for playing the build. I recommend you upgrade weapon and get Mightflay dagger next and look for Multistrike and Blind / Additional Accuracy gems - then set these up in a 3 link with Lightning Strike. Mightflay dagger has slow attack speed so it is not that great for Spectral Throw, so this is a good time to switch to Lightning Strike if you can get the Mightflay dagger. For your single target you can use Lightning Strike or Double Strike. Mightflay dagger gives good damage until the mid 50s, at which point you want to look for a very very high physical dagger for end game

If you decide you do not like Lightning Strike - you can keep using Spectral Throw with the same tree, and maybe link up a single target skill in Double Strike.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 22, 2014, 11:38:03 PM
"
Nazrak123 wrote:
In your vids you use Lightning Strike, but this guide is for double strike.. wtf? Please update your build with Lightning Strike build and what you link it with..

EDit: nvm found it on page 62, thanks

Hi, yeah I think I have created some confusion for those who have not read the past few pages. I plan to add the Lightning Strike dagger build to the main guide so people can see the 2 variations.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
StylishHokie wrote:
Excellent build! I'm following your lightning strike build.I do have one question though. I'm currently lvl 34 right now and still trying to acquire certain gems. What do you recommend I upgrade?
Spoiler

Hi man, thanks for playing the build. I recommend you upgrade weapon and get Mightflay dagger next and look for Multistrike and Blind / Additional Accuracy gems - then set these up in a 3 link with Lightning Strike. Mightflay dagger has slow attack speed so it is not that great for Spectral Throw, so this is a good time to switch to Lightning Strike if you can get the Mightflay dagger. For your single target you can use Lightning Strike or Double Strike. Mightflay dagger gives good damage until the mid 50s, at which point you want to look for a very very high physical dagger for end game

If you decide you do not like Lightning Strike - you can keep using Spectral Throw with the same tree, and maybe link up a single target skill in Double Strike.

Thanks! I was lucky enough to find Multistrike, but have not managed to find Blind/Additional Accuracy. I also need to get Temporal Chains. I've been using Double Strike/Vaal Double Strike and Lightning Strike, but I'm having mana issues with LS.
It could be multistrike that is causing your issues with mana. Don't forget to upgrade mana flasks and maybe grab Primal Spirit node and/or run Clarity for mana regen.
Another tip for Invasion is to use an Immortal Call set up - cast Enduring Cry from CWDT or manually, and then manually cast a high level Immortal Call during dangerous situations - you should get the extra endurance charge from Oak so that Immortal Call can last longer and link it to Increased Duration. You should be able to get ~6s of Immortal Call per cast up at high level - which you can use against physical bosses.

Hope everyone is enjoying the original build and/or the Lightning Strike build. The LS build can be made into a Spec. Throw build, however it is not really optimal because you waste the Melee Physical link in Bringer of Rain and you lack single target and good leech.

Again - I really like the LS build because you get the defenses of the original build, but higher DPS and the flexibility of a spectral throw build. LS as an upfront melee / single target is very strong, however you need a high physical dagger to make the ranged form of LS do decent damage.

I am working on a new project for my Scion, but will check this thread once in a while...
"
Ceryneian wrote:
It could be multistrike that is causing your issues with mana. Don't forget to upgrade mana flasks and maybe grab Primal Spirit node and/or run Clarity for mana regen.
I'm actually not doing too bad right now. I haven't been able to use Multistrike yet, but I'm hopeful to find some new gear soon.
Added Lightning Strike build to the main guide in the 2nd post with a detailed write up:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/1#p4469380

2 last things I plan to add to the guide:
- Dodge writeup
- Vaal Double Strike
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 25, 2014, 12:28:20 AM
Loving this build, doing a variation of it on ambush atm, lvl 57 right now and loving it, been using LS since lvl 20(when i could use an ungil's). Its crazy awesome. For ppl having mana issues, get yourself a 4L Goldrim(pretty cheap 1-2 chaos) and just use LS+multi+faster attacks+mana leech, works wonders, wurm's molt(again fairly cheap) helps alot with leech for lvling and crest of perandus just cause it's so fucking awesome for this build.

On another note, u could get 4% more hp from getting the life nodes that are right at the start of ranger instead of the ones that are north of shadow start. Just a small change but worth it.

Amazing guide, loving evasion+acrobatics so far, keep up the good work.

Revised tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgSxBX0FtQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrR6BJDwknST9JpUnYSepMHEyATpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4S41MYFVLVupW9Vb6Wm1h4mJaZ6Bte3BScFZ0QXfXeK59dX3jfyt_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5Vml9CaE5smnaOhIqJAo4qmf6c0p1yv67Gzshm0xbVIt9O5PrvjwFHBxcLsxKLGos3qz3rTftQj1QDWitfL2j3bbtvU3aje9uOE51TndOjW6xTtQe4O8-r0-Pyr_MX-uv8cI_bv8FpI
Rampage: xGyoX
Hey man, many thanks for this amazing guide. I've did reading on both the double strike and lightning strike build and I must say I really like them both. However I am leaning towards the LS one more, it just looks really great. What do you think would be a good way to build the tree into at invasion league? Since the mobs are significantly harder (bosses) and the new Bringer of rain is much weaker than the legacy one. Do you think it's better to try for a 5/6 link chest? (Though getting that 6l for me now might be an issue) . Also what kind of a DPS on dagger am I looking for to have a decent/good DPS on the lightning strike waves. Since I can't really base it off of your dagger. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info