ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Been doing Atziri consistently now with zero problems. A'alai gains a high attack speed when she gets to low life so she requires caution when you are about to kill her, and cull is recommended. Her storm of needles seems to be a spell with each needle getting it's own chance to be spell dodged or block - there are many needles in the storm so chances of taking damage are high. I will be testing immortal call setup for this.

She is tough for melee; but for LS as long as you keep moving it is almost impossible to get hit by her rain or storm.

Also - there is a way to prevent the cyclone boss from using cyclone. XD. I did this same trick in my 78 courtyard fight with double bosses, and it definitely helps.

Still trying to figure out mechanics of Rain of arrows, and Cleave - which are AOE attacks and seem to pass my evasion.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 19, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
Hey, im really excited after reading your guide and I'm trying to make something that will work for me based on your build ! ! !

What i'm aiming for:
Frenzy with Soul Taker and BLooddance boots - 6 to 8 frenzy charges / 75% block + spell block with Tempest Shield and the shield you recommend
Which will result in: at max 8% life regen from blood-dance and 3,5% from tree

Assuming i have 4k life, then it'll be 460 life regen per sec

Why do i pick this tree? Im aiming to cover most the Int requirement on tree, although the tree require higher lvl to complete, it can easily be done by picking the dps nodes last.

The tree:

Last edited by koros on Mar 20, 2014, 1:40:31 PM
Hi Ceryneian

Thanks for the guide, i have been somewhat following it on Ambush. Can you let me know if you think i ve made any mistakes with it. I originally ran mind drinker but specced out of it as i find bloodmagic to be a nice quality of life improvement.

Also im using Reave, as it removes the need for Melee Splash in the BoR set up. Do you think its better than double strike at all? I have 0.12 attack speed with it and seems to be working pretty well.

Still gearing up atm as i just hit 67 ( BoR land) but so far:
Gear

New weapon and boots(?) are the next to get.

Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBukILgkhFfAa2xutG8ghAyaVJ2EwfDiWOlg94j7PQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21uvXhNh4mVNZfFnoG17bml0rniueUh9dX8rhNmHGYd2h9uMNo2_lWaZK5uDm42mf6p_qrirxayvr-uxs7VItkG3F7fTu3y9gb3mvqfDhs3q037WitfL2j3bVd0N3vbndOeR6NbrFO1B7g75Y_zF_ro=

I would like to run grace,hatred and Tempest shield but i am not sure its possible without the reserve mana nodes. Where do you think my next 15 skill points should go to. I guess 5-6 can go into life but im not sure as for the rest. Is Leather and Steel worth spending 2 skill points on?

What do you think? I would appreciate any help.

Regards

Last edited by JinglyGoo on Mar 20, 2014, 6:54:34 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Been doing Atziri consistently now with zero problems. A'alai gains a high attack speed when she gets to low life so she requires caution when you are about to kill her, and cull is recommended. Her storm of needles seems to be a spell with each needle getting it's own chance to be spell dodged or block - there are many needles in the storm so chances of taking damage are high. I will be testing immortal call setup for this.

She is tough for melee; but for LS as long as you keep moving it is almost impossible to get hit by her rain or storm.

Also - there is a way to prevent the cyclone boss from using cyclone. XD. I did this same trick in my 78 courtyard fight with double bosses, and it definitely helps.

Still trying to figure out mechanics of Rain of arrows, and Cleave - which are AOE attacks and seem to pass my evasion.

Is she the reason you are using LS instead of DS in the atziri vids? Also why no vid of those 3? Did you rip and didn't want to show it? No shame if you did, Was just really hoping to see how this build handled them.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Been doing Atziri consistently now with zero problems. A'alai gains a high attack speed when on low life so she requires caution when you are about to kill her, and cull is recommended. Her storm of needles seems to be a spell with each needle getting it's own chance to be spell dodged or block - there are many needles in the storm so chances of taking damage are high. I will be testing immortal call setup for this.

Is she the reason you are using LS instead of DS in the atziri vids? Also why no vid of those 3? Did you rip and didn't want to show it? No shame if you did, Was just really hoping to see how this build handled them.

No not really. I enjoyed playing a low life spec throw, but missed having the evasion, blind, block defenses. I could die easily if I got mobbed, desynced, or wasn't leeching. I also died to reflect a lot - which was a huge pain.

This lightning strike build is an attempt to make the original build safer, with strong damage, and no reflect issues.

There are certain bosses that can be deadly if you stay planted in melee mode - Academy boss, Mageara, Olmec etc. If you have the flexibility to fight at range and kite - they become WAY more easier.

If you ever played Spec Throw and liked the play style, but wanted this builds high defenses and still wanted flexibility to play as melee, this LS build is perf for you. You need a high phys dagger to make it work.

So no - I did not switch to LS just for Atziri, and if you watch the fight I am mainly playing as melee and only switch to range to sustain DPS when I cannot stay in melee range.

No I did not die - you can check the vid at the end and see I only used 1 portal to enter map. I was recording with fraps and forgot I had turned it off halfway through. I'll make another vid of those 3 bosses this weekend for you to see. I plan to add in IC as the ranged boss feels similar to Academy boss for me.

But past a certain point it is less about the build and more about your strategy and your playstyle.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 20, 2014, 11:13:34 AM
Hi guys, thanks for trying out the build. I will check out your trees later today.
"
koros wrote:
Hey, im really excited after reading your guide and I'm trying to make something that will work for me based on your build ! ! !

What i'm aiming for:
Frenzy with Soul Taker and BLooddance boots - 6 to 8 frenzy charges / 75% block + spell block with Tempest Shield and the shield you recommend
Which will result in: at max 8% life regen from blood-dance and 3,5% from tree

Assuming i have 4k life, then it'll be 460 life regen per sec

Why do i pick this tree? Im aiming to cover most the Int requirement on tree, although the tree require higher lvl to complete, it can easily be done by picking the dps nodes last.

The tree:

Hey man, if you are using Frenzy you will get a lot of attack speed from the frenzy charges, so you do not need to get many attack speed nodes on the tree. I redid the tree and saved you some points, I got more physical axe damage and took out the path to Berzerking, so I think this would give more DPS:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBH4EsQUtBukV8BrbG60byCP2JpUnYTB8Nj04ljpYPeI-z0MxRmlHfkjuSn1MYE4qUUdT31VLVvpYr1jbWhpaSFuvXhNgS2EhYeJlTWXwZ6Bqk217dO14rnrvfXV_K4TZhO-HGYd2h9uNfY2_kAqUrZVmmSubg6XLpn-qf6q4q8Wsr7GztUi2QbcXt9O9gb3mwA_Dhs3q0urTftXt1orXy9o93Q3e9ud055Ho1usU7UHuDu_w-WP8xf66Nug6UoZgME_BoxNMGlVko-JhlZsm-DB3Zac=
"
JinglyGoo wrote:
Hi Ceryneian

Thanks for the guide, i have been somewhat following it on Ambush. Can you let me know if you think i ve made any mistakes with it. I originally ran mind drinker but specced out of it as i find bloodmagic to be a nice quality of life improvement.

Also im using Reave, as it removes the need for Melee Splash in the BoR set up. Do you think its better than double strike at all? I have 0.12 attack speed with it and seems to be working pretty well.

Still gearing up atm as i just hit 67 ( BoR land) but so far:
Gear

New weapon and boots(?) are the next to get.

Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBukILgkhFfAa2xutG8ghAyaVJ2EwfDiWOlg94j7PQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21uvXhNh4mVNZfFnoG17bml0rniueUh9dX8rhNmHGYd2h9uMNo2_lWaZK5uDm42mf6p_qrirxayvr-uxs7VItkG3F7fTu3y9gb3mvqfDhs3q037WitfL2j3bVd0N3vbndOeR6NbrFO1B7g75Y_zF_ro=

I would like to run grace,hatred and Tempest shield but i am not sure its possible without the reserve mana nodes. Where do you think my next 15 skill points should go to. I guess 5-6 can go into life but im not sure as for the rest. Is Leather and Steel worth spending 2 skill points on?

What do you think? I would appreciate any help.

Regards

Hey man, thanks for trying the build. I recommend you get the following:
- Revenge of the Hunted, and then decide between the following:
- Duelist and Ranger life nodes / DPS axe nodes / Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics.

This depends more on your preferences and playing style. This build is designed around solo gameplay, so see how your character feels now and whether you would prefer more damage or more life. If you are regularly doing high level maps with dangerous spell damage (i.e. Shrine, Dominus, Crematorium, Academy, etc.) then getting some spell dodge would be ideal.

I don't think Leather and Steel is that worth it when you can get Revenge of the Hunted. Also I would not try and get mana reserve nodes - running 2x 60% auras like Hatred and Grace is a stretch even with a few mana reserve nodes by the Ranger - UNLESS you somehow have a large mana pool. Otherwise you would need Soul Taker. You should be able to run a 60% aura and Tempest Shield and you should be fine without needing mana reserve nodes.
Looked at your lightning strike tree, and I saw that you don't have arcing blows. Wouldn't that give you a pretty nice dps upgrade? Or does that not count for the projectiles?
IGN: EpiphoneWinterBird
Last edited by momo526 on Mar 21, 2014, 10:34:00 AM
"
momo526 wrote:
Looked at your lightning strike tree, and I saw that you don't have arcing blows. Wouldn't it give you a pretty nice dps upgrade? Or does that not count for the projectiles?

Hi man. Thanks for the suggestion. I will test this out, it affects the projectiles mostly which are not factored into the tooltip DPS.

I also plan to test Projectile Weakness as offensive curse! This will give me:

100% pierce
Knockback
Greater accuracy
and MORE projectile multiplier

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info