ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Main hand critical strike chance - 52.9%
Main hand critical strike multiplier - 323%
Main hand Accuracy - 1325

Hi bro, I don't think there is much you can do to increase your damage - except to level some more and get damage nodes. Your weapon and gear is good so I would not bother trying to upgrade those.

Swap Coldhearted for the other dagger node in Nightstalker circle.

Get Depth Perception cluster for more accuracy and crit chance.

Then get either shadow crit multiplier nodes, OR shadow phys damage nodes, OR Acuity cluster for more accuracy.

Accuracy is a big deal for a crit build because it is rolled twice for crits. So if you have 85% accuracy for example, your true hit chance is 85% for a regular attack and 85% x 85% = 72% chance for landing the crit.

If you have 90% accuracy = 81% hit chance for landing crit. So going from 85% accuracy to 90% accuracy increases your crit landing chance exponentially (90/85 squared).

I would unspec from Ondar's Guile since we will need to do that for 2.0, this will give you two extra points. Then try going for these next nodes:

Also try usign PCOC or Inc. Crit Chance, instead of ICD in BofR - I think you will get more consistent high damage that way.

Use PCOC if you have 4+ Power Charges. Otherwise Inc. Crit Chance will be better.
Please see below for changes to the build for 2.0 (in progress):

2.0 TREE - PROJECTILE VERSION: projectile gameplay will be better with lockstep.

Links: LS + PPAD + FA + MS + WED + ICC/Faster Projectiles. I will add vid showing projectile version gameplay.

IMPORTANT!!: LS tooltip DPS is only showing the melee attack, NOT the projectiles. So it is not showing your true DPS with projectiles.

2.0 TREE - MELEE VERSION:

Links: LS + MS + WED + ICD/ICC (in BofR)

Projectile version is if you want to play majority of time using ranged form of LS - this is a very good way to play LS if you want to have more survivability. Especially combined with Projectile Weakness curse: this curse gives 29% more projectile damage taken by target - this is like shock, so it is a 1.29x multiplier on all your projectile damage including crits.

You also get some knockback. The pierce is not a big deal because we already at 99% pierce chance on LS 20% quality and the tree nodes.

Projectile version allows you to remove BofR (since you will not fight up close) and use other chests and helms. I recommend keep Lazhwar and Rathpith so you can still get high blocks with Rumi's flask.

You will NOT have any Blind - so you will need to be careful with the projectile version and make sure you are not letting any enemies get close.

Melee version is if you prefer to play as melee ofc. You can get higher damage with this version on your single target melee hit - this will give you better freezes as well but obviously more risky to play this way.

BUILD CHANGES FROM 1.3:

- Removed Ondar's Guile. If you want to have more safety for Atziri you can unspec 2 points and get Ondar's Guile just for the Atziri fight since there are no melee attacks

- Added Vaal Pact. Great addition to this build now. Run Blood Rage, you will have less degen than before because it is now physical degen instead of chaos degen. This will help you get Frenzy charges too. This also helps those who do not have Acuities, and you can use something like Maligaro's instead.

- Added Frenzy charges - each charge now gives 4% more damage. With 6 charges (incl. Kraityn reward) = 24% more damage. If you are using projectile version of the build you have more flexibility on gear so you can use corrupted Darkrays to get up to 8 charges = 32% more damage!

- Added Jewel paths: please see where I have taken the Jewell paths on the tree. The one by Heartseeker is for Insipired Learning - this is like a mini-Headhunter belt - when you kill a Rare monster then you will gain ONE of its mods for 20 seconds. See here for all the monster mods: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_affixes. They are all pretty good, so I think it is worthwhile to use Inspired Learning here. It will ONLY work here because it needs 4 surrounding notables.

This will also make the build very FUN to play. If you have used headhunter / Dominating Blow before you will know what I mean!

If you do not want to use this, what you can do is use a rare jewel here or another unique jewel.

The other gem slot you can use rare jewel as well, but I recommend 1 of these unique jewels to improve your Vaal skills (Vaal Double Strike or Vaal Grace):

Atziri's Reign: 15-20% increased Vaal skill duration

Vaal Sentencing: 80-120% increased Vaal skill critical strike chance, 15-20% increased Vaal skill critical strike multiplier

- Vaal skills:

Vaal Double Strike - soul count has been significantly reduced, and now you can store 3 USES. This will be great if you need massive DPS boost. You can also save the 3 uses and use 1 at a time for the Atziri clone phase

OR

Vaal Lightning Strike - same as Vaal DS -> soul count has been significantly reduced, and now you can store 3 USES. This will be great if you need massive DPS boost.

AND/OR

Vaal Grace: same as before, but you can increase the duration further using Atziri's Reign jewel in the tree

- Golem: if you using projectile version I recommend Ice Golem. Melee version will not have enough sockets unless you want to remove Vaal Grace setup or Reckoning setup. If your golem is dying too much use Fire Golem instead - it is more tankier and you still get some damage increase.

- Reckoning 4L: if you are playing projectile version well you will not really need Recknoning. Recommend you put the golem in that 4L, along with your Blood Rage gem.

For melee guys you can link in Fortify to your Reckoning or your Whirling Blades. Please keep in mind that Fortify will not really help you survive one-shots lol.

- Auras: the same -> just keep using Hatred + Herald of Ash. You will reserve with Enlighten. You need Enlighten level 2+. We will have a little less mana available after auras than in 1.3: https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#EoHX/uQ-EOc

REFLECT:

- Vaal Pact will help us a lot here, but reflect is now dangerous without Ondar's Guile. If you meet a reflect pack you NEED to pop your Rumi's flask, and Jade as well if you have one. Use Atziri flask to help with your leech. If it is phys reflect pop Taste of Hate as well to mitigate some damage.

- Forget about doing reflect maps. But you can do phys reflect maps if you are willing to use Phys to Light + Berek's ring/mana flask

SUMMARY OF CHANGES:

- More damage (frenzy charges, crit, golem, Vaal skills, jewels)
- Same defenses except no Ondar's Guile - ranged mobs are now just as dangerous as melee mobs. Key bosses that may give trouble with projectile attacks is Piety and Atziri. Atziri you can temporarily spec Ondar's Guile for the fight if you want.
- More survivability mechanics: Vaal Pact leech, increased evasion through frenzy charges, projectile version
- More trouble with reflect
- A little less mana

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 28, 2015, 8:17:23 AM
Atziri pre-2.0 - Projectile Version. No Ondar's Guile. Vaal Double Strike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxedENpNqbY

2x Palace Dominus pre-2.0 - Projectile Version. No Ondar's Guile. Vaal Double Strike

http://youtu.be/YK5c_SS1RoU

This is how I would use the build for 2.0. You can see very high damage from the projectiles as well as from Vaal Double Strike. For 2.0 we will be able to store 3 uses of Vaal Double Strike.

I have 100% pierce so I use Frost Wall which is very good defense. 6L chest, no BofR so no blind. I also have CWDT+Arc+CoH+Proj.Weakness.

Special note: if you have 100% pierce you need to be VERY careful about reflect during Atziri split phase. Best way I have found is to position yourself close to the mirror clone but facing away so ALL your projectiles go away from the reflect clone.

Gear used:
Spoiler

Tree:
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 28, 2015, 12:00:22 AM
How does a decent physical dagger look like? What kind of stats should I aim for on my dagger with a 3ex budget? How important is quality on LS gem?

Last edited by Satsuki09 on Jun 28, 2015, 4:08:36 AM
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
How does a decent physical dagger look like? What kind of stats should I aim for on my dagger with a 3ex budget? How important is quality on LS gem?

Damage is very good, especially with the projectile version. I can show vid using 230dps dagger (Binos, since that is what I have). Aim for high phys -> crit chance -> attack speed in that order of priority.

Vid here: Courtyard 6 bosses with Bino's on projectile version:
https://youtu.be/2bmxLnyFviw

Quality on LS is pretty important for pierce for your AOE and projectiles as it makes a massive difference. However Projectile Weakness gives a lot of pierce chance so if you have a reliable way to cast Projectile Weakness then you can afford to not use quality on LS.

EDIT:

Going-away bash! As a special thank you to everyone playing my build, here are some free goodies that I am giving away for you to use (or sell).

Please only max 2 items per person
- PM me in game at Tiurakh and link me your gear in game to show you are playing this build.

Everything here is free. A lot of very nice items! Including some very good belts for this build.
Spoiler
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 29, 2015, 1:19:45 PM
My Gear:

I would be interested in Atziri's Step and Doryani's Invitation. See PM.

Thanks a lot for sharing your build, your support and keeping this fun build going :-)
Should I buy a BoR for the build or just go for the projectile version? Since 2.0 will be hitting soon, which will be more viable for 2.0?
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Should I buy a BoR for the build or just go for the projectile version? Since 2.0 will be hitting soon, which will be more viable for 2.0?

Projectile version will be better for 2.0 than the melee version. You lose some block and blind (unless you link Blind in your LS attack), but you gain much better survivability and better damage for ranged and AOE.

Also with lockstep it will be very smooth and accurate with no desync. And you have more options for gear (chest + helm).

Mob damage is very high in 2.0, and I know some people will have problems - that's why I made the projectile version because it is very SAFE when you focus on not letting any enemies get near you.

You have great mobility with whirling blades, and you still have very high block and spell block as well.

After playing it for a bit, I actually like the projectile version A LOT. More than the melee version which is how I used to play.

Going-away bash! Special thank you to everyone playing my build! Here are some free goodies that I am giving away for you to use (or sell).

Please only max 2 items per person
- PM me in game at Tiurakh and link me your gear in game to show you are playing this build.

Everything here is free. A lot of very nice items! Including some very good belts for this build.
Spoiler
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 29, 2015, 3:43:16 PM
Im having prob to see the new Range Tree can you help ?
What would be a recommended armour for the projectile build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info