ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

might try this out maybe not exactly same tree but use this as base build.. there is few things that bothers me, its a block build but you dont pickup block nodes? o.O there is 3% block for 1 point at ranger area + the ones near shadow thats a total 7% block for 5 points and going for duelist block nodes is not bad idead either i think.

And i think acrobatics are still worth picking up. At 50% block chance u lose 15% block while u get 40% dodge and 30 spell dodge. but if you take acrobatics then you cud forget those block nodes i mentioned earlyer or not?

edit: oh and im not gonna use that block flask or vaal skills mainly because those doesnt last wery long like you cant kill the bosses you need it for before the effect ends like all aziri map bosses because killing aziri takes longer than 8seconds (assuming u can use rumi flask twice 2x4sec) :D i quess thats why i need/want more block or acro from the tree

i was thinking to use high eva shield or perandus and legacy saffell's for aziri and few other bosses and ignore lazhwar and rathpith, havent decided yet if im gonna use bringer or eva/ar chest

maybe something like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DhwV9BbUILgqbDkgRlha_GY4ZtButIQMi6iP2JP0mlSoLLOEs6S1VL8wwcTB8MgE2PTiWOkI6rT3iRwZHfkjuSn1LeEvETZJRR1VLVvVW-mHiYqxlTWXxZ6BsjG1sb4RwUnBWd9d4rnjrfXV9438rgOGE2Yd2jDaNfY2_joqQG5Vml9CaE5smm42dqqZ_pzSsZrGzshm0xbVItxe5Pr02vqfBgsrTz3rQCdN-1CPWith2227b1Nvn3Q3dqOJe44Tjn-cK51TndOjW6f7tQe2D73rz6vb8_MX-uv8c_94=

so any thoughts? remove block nodes? acro? or keep both?
and sry for bad english
Last edited by Janizy on Feb 18, 2015, 7:21:19 PM
Hi thanks for writing.

The way I play this build is less of a tank and more of a very agile hybrid character. I would have loved to keep permanent block on the build from the tree, but patch 1.3 hit us hard. If you are using new gear (non-legacy) then you can still easily get max spell block but you can only get about ~60% regular block now.

With 1.3 the block nodes are too far apart, it is ridiculous. Like you mention spending 6 points for 10% block is just way too inefficient. Worst when combining with Dodge, if you want to use Dodge then you will have to spend points and your block will take a big hit.

It is just too inefficient now, you are spending a lot of points for not much survivability gain.

That's why my new tree remove dodge and block nodes completely and put all those points into damage / movement speed. You have to use Rumi's flask to get to max blocks, otherwise you are around 30%-40% regular block and spell block by default. But at least temporarily when you need to you can get to max blocks.

This made the build very efficient. I would say probably 80% of the content you do you do not need max blocks all the time, you only need for bosses. Even then you can avoid so much manually that 8s Rumi's is enough. For Atziri - the way I play I have always manually avoided the spells so all you really need for that fight is Ondar's Guile as melee, you do not need spell block or Saffell's if you are skilled enough. Same for Palace Dominus and other hard bosses.

What I am saying is that 1.3 gave me the opportunity to make this build very efficient and improve how I play. Reckoning has helped me a lot because it enables me to generate power charges and crit more and thus freeze more easily. Since I can freeze every boss up to Palace Dominus I can do that content much more safely than before 1.3.

Don't forget you can also use Vaal Grace if you want Dodge.

So I encourage you to try the build with the flask and vaal skills - I think it will help you play better.

Sadly you can no longer get permanent max blocks anymore, at least on Ranger side so if you really want permanent max block build then I would recommend you check out Marauder or Templar builds. If you really want to play "facetank" style then I would recommend you play a true tank build.

If you want to build melee with only Acro - it could work but playing as bow is better, you will have same kind of defense as the bow user so why would you play as melee and not bow? On top of that your Dodge can never get as high as you can get for max blocks with the flask, and there is no Vaal Block skill to use if you are Acro, but block users can use Vaal Grace for dodge.

Anyway, please don't forget that the SHOCK + FREEZE combo is now a very very big part of this build. If you can perma-freeze enemy - you cannot die.

PS: if you want you can take the node Druidic Rite - this will boost Rumi from 4.8s to 5.8s, so total Rumi flask can last up to ~12s.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 18, 2015, 7:39:18 PM
Thanks Ceryneian for this build ! new player here and have rolled with your build since level 68 ...
Level 92 now .

Thanking you for all your updates and replys to questions ...epic thread ...epic build !

Want to see more of your vids plz !
I've got a question:
I'm currently using this dagger (286 pdps)

What will be the difference in dps if I buy like 330pdps with near the same crit chance? I'm asking, because this one costed me 3ex, and any higher one is like 10ex, and I want to be sure there will be some significant difference between. Dealing 100k with atziri, around 130k with all charges. Any clue if it's worth upgrading?
In game: gg_wp_easy
SHOP: view-thread/1685674
Decided to try this build as it is (didnt add block or get acro). so far loving it 62k tooltip dps at lvl67 with 4 P charges xD and even before the bringer dps was like 20k on 4L without WED used LMP instead because my WED gem was lvl19 :D still have some 20/20 gems waiting for me to get to lvl 68-69.

I was a bit sceptic about the survivabily but so far no problems awwsome build probably going to keep me busy for a while.
"
sicom8 wrote:
Thanks Ceryneian for this build ! new player here and have rolled with your build since level 68 ...
Level 92 now .

Thanking you for all your updates and replys to questions ...epic thread ...epic build !

Want to see more of your vids plz !

Thanks! Glad you like the build. I will post more vids if there are some new maps / Act 4 released or if I make a new build that works well!
"
Janizy wrote:
Decided to try this build as it is (didnt add block or get acro). so far loving it 62k tooltip dps at lvl67 with 4 P charges xD and even before the bringer dps was like 20k on 4L without WED used LMP instead because my WED gem was lvl19 :D still have some 20/20 gems waiting for me to get to lvl 68-69.

I was a bit sceptic about the survivabily but so far no problems awwsome build probably going to keep me busy for a while.

Thanks, just remember to use Enfeeble and Vaal Grace when you do not feel safe. I think you will still find the build very strong. It is only those that were used to the 1.2 version (OP) that say this build is now "weak" - which is a bit true: our defense is not as strong as before but our damage is better despite the crit nerfs.
"
COYG wrote:
I've got a question:
I'm currently using this dagger (286 pdps)

What will be the difference in dps if I buy like 330pdps with near the same crit chance? I'm asking, because this one costed me 3ex, and any higher one is like 10ex, and I want to be sure there will be some significant difference between. Dealing 100k with atziri, around 130k with all charges. Any clue if it's worth upgrading?

Just keep your current dagger. I don't think you should spend that much for a new dagger. Also there will be balance changes for Act 4 so until then I would hold off on spending that much currency. Who knows, maybe claws will be very good to use in Act 4.

Gunners up!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 20, 2015, 8:50:14 AM
Thanks for the advice mate :)
COYG!
In game: gg_wp_easy
SHOP: view-thread/1685674
Hello Ceryneian,

first of all thx for this great build!

I want to buy a rumi and have a few questions about blocking. You said on the first page that it is easy to get max spellblock regardless which rumi is choosen. I have the following block stats concerning to my defence tab:

-chance to block attacks: 42%
-chance to block spells: 46%

with a perfect non legacy rumi 30% Chance to Block / 15% Chance to Block Spells I would get:

-chance to block attacks: 72%
-chance to block spells: 61%

with a perfect legacy rumi 40% Chance to Block / 20% Chance to Block Spells I would get:

-chance to block attacks: 82% capped at 75%
-chance to block spells: 61%

Where am I wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info