ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
xMustard wrote:
nope its dead give up now might as well just chuck that mirrored dagger my way cause you can't use it anymore all dead path of bow

*shifty eyes*

Shush.

Although it is interesting how bows have not been touched. More path of bow puncture I guess.

Anyway, we really have to wait and see what these new melee counter skills are.
It's bad, but it's not broken imho. To max out this build we'll probably need to rely more on our gear now (I saw a screenshot that block chance can now be applied to gloves).

Changes coming with 1.3 skill tree
[+] 4% increased attack speed with one handed melee weapons
[+] 80% increased defences from equipped shield
[+] 5 more skillpoints (Could have missed one node tho)

[-] 14% increased critical strike multiplier
[-] 26% increased critical strike multiplier with daggers
[-] 17% additional chance to block [with shields]
[-] 30% less block chance

Note: There are a few other minor changes coming that I didn't list here.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but I think that we now need 98% chance to block to still cap our block chance (this is obviously impossible). But we could have:
30% (Rathpith Globe) + 15% (Bringer of Rain) + 9% (Passive Tree) + 4% (Amulet) + 2% (Gloves) + 4% (if we can fit in tempest shield) = 64% * 0.7 = 44.8%

Now keep in mind that these reactive skills will be added with 1.3. They could make blocking even more attractive.
Using Saffell's as a default to have a higher spell block would also be an option.
Last edited by kahzin on Dec 4, 2014, 1:09:23 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Someone has asked me to post damage number for Bino's. Unfortunately I do not have a Bino's right now, but if any of you have one that I can borrow to test please PM me. I can give you currency equivalent to hold while I borrow the dagger and get the damage numbers.

Alternatively if you are running this build with Bino's at a high level 87+ with all the required gear then it would be great if you could just post your damage numbers here, thanks!

I missed this while popping through the last time. Not sure if anyone has responded to you, but I am running this build with

Base tooltip DPS is 30k
With HoA and Hatred it is 48k
With 3 power charges I'm at 57.7k
With Atziri's Promise and 3 charges it is at 70.6

Bear in mind though not all my gems are at 20/20 yet and I had to drop a few offensive nodes in the tree and sacrifice offensive mods on my rings in favor of capping res. If you want to borrow the knife to test with an "optimal" setup feel free to PM me.
"
kahzin wrote:
It's bad, but it's not broken imho. To max out this build we'll probably need to rely more on our gear now (I saw a screenshot that block chance can now be applied to gloves).

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but I think that we now need 98% chance to block to still cap our block chance (this is obviously impossible). But we could have:
30% (Rathpith Globe) + 15% (Bringer of Rain) + 9% (Passive Tree) + 4% (Amulet) + 2% (Gloves) + 4% (if we can fit in tempest shield) = 64% * 0.7 = 44.8%

Now keep in mind that these reactive skills will be added with 1.3. They could make blocking even more attractive.
Using Saffell's as a default to have a higher spell block would also be an option.

Right now if u want 70% chance to block with rathpith u hav to sacrifice a lot of dps so i just decided to avoid using acrobatics and just give full use of evation... unless u want to go old school crest of perandus / saffel frame.
"
kahzin wrote:

uhhh wow...ya that is bad, lol.
adding additional chance to block on other pieces of gear is interesting actually, i do like that idea. you can still get block but you'll have to sacrifice something else for it.

now, tho it does sound bad only having 45% block chance, there are still ways to up your block, like rumi's so you could still hit a cap of 53% even without throwing in so many nodes to block chance, just run the base shield.
that would give you 30+40+15*0.7=53% chance. oooo i wonder, if it would be added together and then lessened, or if it would occur separately. that would effectively allow an acrobatics block build to have essentially (like above) 85% crit, and end up with *0.7 = 60% block chance.
wow, i cannot wait until the patch notes come out so we can actually get some confirmation on this. this would really allow you to stack the crap out of block to overcome its negative, but i actually doubt that would be the case.

so lets say not, ok you can still get 53% block, which would also give you a cap of 75% spell block (50% lazhwar and 60% rathpith + 17% from flask). and THAT is the key element. you actually don't need max physical block with this build, but rather spell mitigation, so still being able to run max spell block is incredible.

cery you should still totally give me one of your mirrored daggers tho, you know, for saving your build for you...yes...thats it...

however - this is all assuming there are no further changes to things, such as base block on BoR and whatnot.
oh and also, ceryneian, we don't know how puncture and stuff is going to be changed yet. personally i'd love for puncture (and all DoT effects) to not be based off initial hit dmg, which would keep it strong but not overpowered for crit builds, and also allow non-crit builds viability in using those skills (puncture, viper strike, burn dmg).

also i think they may remove the ability for tornado shot to shotgun, that would single handily "fix" tornado shot. even though i think its overrated and not as good as split/pierce anyway, but i digress!
"
xMustard wrote:

also i think they may remove the ability for tornado shot to shotgun, that would single handily "fix" tornado shot. even though i think its overrated and not as good as split/pierce anyway, but i digress!

if you remove shotgun effect from tornado shot, it just becomes a shittier version of SA
SPorkTots
My point is that we will be able to reach 45% Block with slightly less investment in the passive tree then befor (granted you can buy a 4% Block Stone of Lazhwar and have enough mana to run Tempest shield). You'll also have roughly 50% spellblock, so Rumi's can nearly cap you.
The slight nerf to damage is okay imho.

My guess is that the counter attack skill coming will be pretty damn useful. GGG wouldn't nerf block that hard otherwise.

"
this is all assuming there are no further changes to things, such as base block on BoR and whatnot.

Reducing BoR's blockchance to 10% wouldn't surprise me. Pretty sure the price will be skyrocketing in the new league anyways.
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

It's a nice build but there are a couple of reasons I think it would be inferior to switch to Double Strike dual wield.

- loss of range ability
- loss of shock ability for 1.5x more damage - this will also affect your freeze ability
- loss of big life increase from shield
- loss of ability to use Atziri's Steps

As you guys have pointed out there are ways we can get back to our high block %s (and don't forget about Vaal Grace), so I am not worried about that

What I am trying to figure out though is how to make this build more efficient. I think this patch gives us the opportunity to be more efficient with the points and our defenses. As many people have mentioned before with this build - the layered defenses are TOO MUCH for the vast majority of content in the game.

As Junkx pointed out - the main danger for evasion melee builds has always been spell damage so as long as we can get some decent spell block we will be fine.

Please also don't forget that our damage is very good with the shock and cold that it helps us defensively as well, with a 200pdps dagger you can freeze up to Level 78 Courtyard bosses as I showed in the vid. With a higher damage dagger - you start perma-freezing and oneshotting bosses with this build. So do you really need max blocks with 100% uptime?

The answer is no, so that is why this build could become more efficient from this patch in that we will only buff our block when we really need it, and then we can use the extra points to get other stuff on the tree.

Unfortunately, right now we don't know anything about the new uniques or the new skill gems so we will have to wait a bit.

Also, I am still brainstorming other ways to make this build stronger:

1. I've added in Puncture as a complementary secondary skill for the dagger - and you guys can see how insane the damage can get - just ONE hit can take out level 79 A'alai easily. So you can play "hit and run" like a bow puncture user but still retain your high primary attack with LS and your high defenses with BLIND, block, and dodge.

2. Tri-curse - this I think would be an interesting combination, which is easy to get with Doedre's Damning and corrupted amulet. May require me to drop Herald of Ash and run Purity of Elements instead to cover resistances. But it would give some OP curse combinations and if you do the math you will see that the damage multipliers are now getting pretty OP:

Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Conductivity -> massive boost to lightning damage (lightning is our highest damage component)
Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Frostbite -> for even easier time permafreezing bosses (cold is our second highest damage component)
Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Temporal Chains/Enfeeble -> DPS + easy defense

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

It's a nice build but there are a couple of reasons I think it would be inferior to switch to Double Strike dual wield.

- loss of range ability
- loss of shock ability for 1.5x more damage - this will also affect your freeze ability
- loss of big life increase from shield
- loss of ability to use Atziri's Steps

As you guys have pointed out there are ways we can get back to our high block %s (and don't forget about Vaal Grace), so I am not worried about that

What I am trying to figure out though is how to make this build more efficient. I think this patch gives us the opportunity to be more efficient with the points and our defenses. As many people have mentioned before with this build - the layered defenses are TOO MUCH for the vast majority of content in the game.

As Junkx pointed out - the main danger for evasion melee builds has always been spell damage so as long as we can get some decent spell block we will be fine.

Please also don't forget that our damage is very good with the shock and cold that it helps us defensively as well, with a 200pdps dagger you can freeze up to Level 78 Courtyard bosses as I showed in the vid. With a higher damage dagger - you start perma-freezing and oneshotting bosses with this build. So do you really need max blocks with 100% uptime?

The answer is no, so that is why this build could become more efficient from this patch in that we will only buff our block when we really need it, and then we can use the extra points to get other stuff on the tree.

Unfortunately, right now we don't know anything about the new uniques or the new skill gems so we will have to wait a bit.

Also, I am still brainstorming other ways to make this build stronger:

1. I've added in Puncture as a complementary secondary skill for the dagger - and you guys can see how insane the damage can get - just ONE hit can take out level 79 A'alai easily. So you can play "hit and run" like a bow puncture user but still retain your high primary attack with LS and your high defenses with BLIND, block, and dodge.

2. Tri-curse - this I think would be an interesting combination, which is easy to get with Doedre's Damning and corrupted amulet. May require me to drop Herald of Ash and run Purity of Elements instead to cover resistances. But it would give some OP curse combinations and if you do the math you will see that the damage multipliers are now getting pretty OP:

Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Conductivity -> massive boost to lightning damage (lightning is our highest damage component)
Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Frostbite -> for even easier time permafreezing bosses (cold is our second highest damage component)
Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Temporal Chains/Enfeeble -> DPS + easy defense

I have a hard time imagining any other viable end game melee builds that can handle endgame content without having 9k life/es or impossible BIS gear
SPorkTots

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info