ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Thanks for the advice!
Hope you are all enjoying the build. I tried to make a separate new build based around dagger Puncture but ran into some difficulties - I had to remove Bringer of Rain and use a regular 6L chest to get a 6L Puncture with Curse on Hit setup, which was a massive defensive loss. I then realized Puncture can be very effective with just a 4L, so I was using a 6L Spectral Throw with Curse on Hit (Vuln + Assassin's Mark) for AOE and a 4L Puncture and was having a lot of fun; however again the defenses were much lower than before - I was taking more damage than I would like, and I had a lot of difficulty with enemies that did not move a lot (i.e. Dominus and Atziri) so the Puncture damage was low. So my single target was really lacking. This is one of the downsides to using Puncture in that if you face bosses that do not move much then you can have a lot of difficulty as the DOT is slow for stationary targets. However I had a really easy time against Atziri trio and Courtyard bosses, which I liked.

I was going to make a guide but I decided to scrap that build and just incorporate Puncture into this existing build as a SECONDARY attack to complement your Lightning Strike attack. This helps against fast moving enemies or when you need to run away - your Puncture will do a lot of damage and is very effective in just a 3L or 4L. I recommend linking Puncture-Melee Phys Damage-Inc. Crit. Damage and then a 4th support like Additional Accuracy / Increased Duration / Inc. Crit Chance. If you are running dual curse like me you may decide to take out Elemental Weakness and replace with Vulnerability (easy to do since they are both blue gems) for fights like Atziri Trio / Vaal Temple / Courtyard. Then have manual Enfeeble on your main gear for when you would like to fight in melee and override the damage curses.

In that way you will retain all the benefits of this build, but add an extra dimension to your offense with the ability to inflict DOT damage which give you much better flexibility and survivability if you are in dangerous situations and do not want to facetank and need to kite since your DOT will do massive damage as the enemy moves to you. If you combine the DOT with your high LS damage and shocks - you will finish bosses much faster.

I'll try and make a video to demonstrate sometime.

Disclaimer: just as with Dual Curse, this new Puncture setup is NOT NEEDED for people doing regular maps. This is designed to address some weaknesses in the build I found - so it will help those that like to do difficult content solo like Vaal Temple / Uber Trio / Courtyard maps with very dangerous mods etc.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 25, 2014, 8:57:38 AM
Hey, i want to play this build eventually in the new 1 week race.
How important is the bild from Botr to start using LS and what would be a acceptable replacement :)?
Or doesnt it make any sence to try n get to the point to use LS in a 2 week race anyone has tested to start without currency ?

Last edited by Broklin on Nov 27, 2014, 12:50:36 PM
Hi broklin, ive never raced so take my advice with a grain of salt. I think the build has a good tree, I would aim for a crest of perandus to start with and probably level with molten strike as its much easier on mana. You could use rustic sash recipe for weapon damage and then pick up a ungils and later a mightflay. This is how I levelled up a version of this character trying to adapt for a 6l etc (eventually i concluded this build was better then my variation). Hope that helps fhark
I wanted to try a melee dagger build for a while, my friend was lvl 91 and following ur build in rampage with a ev chest/ev shield version, plus he switched into BoR etc for atziri runs and his cleaning was insane.

Very taugh to cap resists with acuity gloves/BoR/Globe/Stone but i love it too, thanks for sharing :).

i wanted to ask (sry could not read all the thread since im not so familiar with english) if i could use a corrupted stone with +1max resist, or +4block spell, since my globe's block roll is low.

I am discovering some issues with accuracy too :p but its fine, i think i lack a lot oh hp with non legacy BoR (got 3K5 hp), but i wanna try to farm to get a legacy.

Just one big problem for me : finding a good dps dagger is hard :/ hoppefully i bought a Bino in rampage before the end of the league, got like 50k dps with charges at lvl 75, and its already huge for me Now i wanna farm for Legacy Bor and some better rings. :).

Ty very much for ur build !

Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
Broklin wrote:
Hey, i want to play this build eventually in the new 1 week race.
How important is the bild from Botr to start using LS and what would be a acceptable replacement :)?
Or doesnt it make any sence to try n get to the point to use LS in a 2 week race anyone has tested to start without currency ?

Hi, I hardly race at all but this build should be fine for the race. You will most likely not be able to get the powerful items like Bringer of Rain and Rathpith Globe, so I recommend you focus on getting:

- Stone of Lazhwar
- Crest of Perandus
- Strong dagger (Mightflay until level 60ish, and then an end-game dagger if available)

Stone of Lazhwar and Crest of Perandus are usually pretty cheap and can be used all the way to mapping.

To help clear faster I recommend using Spectral Throw, and once you can use Lightning Strike I would switch to that. LS will give you a very high single target and some decent clearing speed. You can keep Spectral Throw for your main AOE and switch to LS for your single target. Once you get a high damage dagger you can use LS for AOE since your damage will be high enough.

I would recommend you follow the guide progression and get the key defensive nodes first (Ondar's, Acro, Phase Acro), then get some block and lastly work on damage.

Hope this helps!
"
MisterER wrote:
I wanted to try a melee dagger build for a while, my friend was lvl 91 and following ur build in rampage with a ev chest/ev shield version, plus he switched into BoR etc for atziri runs and his cleaning was insane.

Very taugh to cap resists with acuity gloves/BoR/Globe/Stone but i love it too, thanks for sharing :).

i wanted to ask (sry could not read all the thread since im not so familiar with english) if i could use a corrupted stone with +1max resist, or +4block spell, since my globe's block roll is low.

I am discovering some issues with accuracy too :p but its fine, i think i lack a lot oh hp with non legacy BoR (got 3K5 hp), but i wanna try to farm to get a legacy.

Just one big problem for me : finding a good dps dagger is hard :/ hoppefully i bought a Bino in rampage before the end of the league, got like 50k dps with charges at lvl 75, and its already huge for me Now i wanna farm for Legacy Bor and some better rings. :).

Ty very much for ur build !

Hi, thanks for trying the build! Yes please feel free to customize for what you would like. I love curse on hit double curse so that is why I use curse corrupted Lazhwar, but feel free to get other mods like spell block if you need.

Bino's dagger is very good for this build so I do not think you need to upgrade the dagger. If you need more HP I recommend switching to rustic sash belt or Meginord's Girdle to get some more life. If you are having trouble with resistances you should be able to drop Herald of Ash and run Purity of Elements instead.
Okay thanks alot Ceryneian!,
i wasnt sure about when to use ST over LS and if u really need blind to use LS ill just try it out i thihnk :).
Hellow people , the skill reset tree on 13'th december will affect this build ? Thnx alot
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:
Hellow people , the skill reset tree on 13'th december will affect this build ? Thnx alot

Hi we do not know yet but most likely it will NOT affect this build. The 1.3 changes will be on Marauder, Duelist, Templar side according to the announcement. I will see what the new skills and uniques are when 1.3 comes out to see if I can make a stronger build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info