ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
VomBa wrote:
so, i respec'd my ranger to this build and this is what i'm using now

I'll be changing the faster casting with herald of Thunder with curse on hit.

the damage is good and survivability too so far, you think i should go for Atziri ?

Ty for the Herald of Thunder idea must try with curse on hit and culling.
what do you think about Death and Taxes ? is it doable ? any tips ?
"
KiloOneWhey wrote:
what about bandit quests ? you kill all ? or help alira on merc

Only bandit choice that is highly recommended is Cruel - Help Oak for the % phys damage, the other rewards depend on your preference:

- Normal - help Oak if you need life, or kill all for passive point
- Merciless - help Alira if you use power charges a lot, or kill all for passive point

Me I went: Kill All, Help Oak, Kill All
"
VomBa wrote:
what do you think about Death and Taxes ? is it doable ? any tips ?

Yes very doable on this build. I did this twice - once before 1.2 patch when I had much lower damage, and after 1.2 when I had higher damage and used Curse on Hit. What gave me some trouble was actually the summon weapons and less of the boss - if you don't have enough DPS to clear the weapons quickly they can start piling up and can cause a lot of problems with your evasion and give you stun lock. But after 1.2 with higher DPS and using WED the map was no problem at all.
Hi all, playing this build for some time, having lots of fun, but... Had a huge disapointment at my first atziri try. I got raped in room with 3 unique monsters. Attacked and killed alai first, and died once. Then with 2 remaining bosses, died to some sort of fast degen several times (RF?), and lastly, died from corupted blood. How can i survive corputed blood with this build?
"
Djolonator wrote:
Hi all, playing this build for some time, having lots of fun, but... Had a huge disapointment at my first atziri try. I got raped in room with 3 unique monsters. Attacked and killed alai first, and died once. Then with 2 remaining bosses, died to some sort of fast degen several times (RF?), and lastly, died from corupted blood. How can i survive corputed blood with this build?

Hi thank you for trying the build. You should see my guides/vids for Atziri tips if you do not know what to expect. See bottom of my guide for link to Uber Atziri tips that you can apply to regular Atziri.

There are 4 degen for the trio fight:

- one is the red trail left by the cyclone guy - I believe this is chaos damage
- cyclone guy's sweep attack can apply bleed stacks - you need flask with STAUNCHING mod to remove bleed. This is basic stuff that I cover in my guide if you read the flask section
- 3rd degen is the black cloud left when you kill one of the trio - this is phys damage over time
- 4th degen is rare but I have seen it happen - the fire guy can ignite you with his attacks when he is enraged, hardly ever happens for regular trio but I have seen it happen to me on Uber trio so sometimes I carry Ruby flask for Uber trio.

After you kill A'alai make sure you have Enfeeble on the 2 melee guys, and obviously don't stand in the black cloud where A'alai has died. Use Jade flask for your evasion. Once you kill cyclone guy 2nd then you need to move away so that you avoid his black cloud when he dies. Then kill fire guy last.

Hope this helps, here are my trio vids:

1st regular trio I tried back in March (I used summon skeletons to help distract): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Ty6ynQgE

Trio on 2.8K life: http://youtu.be/s2HPoAccSZ4?t=2m47s

Uber Trio: http://youtu.be/sidUoSfiW-4

Hi, and good day :)

I just want to share my experience with this build on the other server.

I actually made a Shadow version of this build (I had a different build in mind but
eventually followed this build), it's not as efficient since the first 5 shadow nodes
are just pure physical damage nodes, and does not include other stats like crit, acc,
etc..

well, when i reached a higher level, i noticed that the skill tree of this/my build
was quite similar to a crit Spectral Throw build, except that it has no projectile
nodes. So i thought i should try it. I had a 6L Lightning Coil which i used for the
ST links, and i found out that the dps is quite low even with a 6L (it has good clear
speed though).

And then it suddenly occurred to me: what if instead of using Spectral Throw, i just make
a *Ranged/Projectile version* of this character? So i put on

Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Weapon Elem Dmg - Faster Att - Physical Proj Dmg - LMP

on my 6L Coil and decided to use Abyssus for my headgear. I thought that since this
is a damage avoidance build, i would not be making full use of the damage mitigation
provided by the Coil (it's just a 6L with resistance penalty that has an effect *when*
i get hit, which is rare) so i decided to use Abyssus to make use of the Coil 100% of
the time.

The result is an efficient ranged character (in my opinion, since it fires 5 projectiles
and covers a large portion of the screen, and is affected by Multistrike/Faster Attacks combination, has a decent crit/shock/freeze chance), with significant defenses
(25% evasion, 40% phys dodge, 57% phys block, 30% spell dodge, 62% spell block)

It's a slightly different experience using the *same* skill tree. very good in clearing maps
fast. I recommend people to try it if they have the same gear. LS should be q20 :)

Final note: this build (Tiurakh's build) ROCKS. it's a very balanced character.
Last edited by 14qr23we on Nov 5, 2014, 9:01:13 PM
im very happy with this build too. Clearspeed is insane. his survivability is very very very nicely. im nearly immune to reflects because take lazhwar with 4% block(dont like this double curse) ^)

my gear is here

i need change my wed% on belt by master but dont have lvled tora ) so i missed this moment for some time. my dps atm 85+k or smth like that.
Last edited by Dispeller on Nov 6, 2014, 5:58:28 AM
deleted.
Last edited by Dispeller on Nov 6, 2014, 5:58:13 AM
Amazing build having tons of fun with it!
Need a usefull corrupted Lazhwar tho... And a phys belt...

+1

Cheers mate!
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on Nov 6, 2014, 8:22:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info