ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
imatty wrote:
So this build is viable with non legacy BoR ? I think i don't have that many exalted to buy the legacy one.

It works good with new BoR. You only have some lower life, blind 8 lvl dont different from 18lvl a lot, faster attack 12 lvl gives some lower IAS, but BoR is still very good.
IGN: Javana
Last edited by Orlog on Sep 20, 2014, 12:28:47 PM
"
imatty wrote:
So this build is viable with non legacy BoR ? I think i don't have that many exalted to buy the legacy one.

Regular BoR works completely fine, as Orlog said the Blind difference and Faster Attacks difference is not big at all.
"
Sarasin wrote:
Has anyone tried out Tempest Shield with this build over ele prolif in the auras for bosses at least? Seems to make sense to me. I also have no idea how you are keeping your power charges up in boss fights when it actually matters, assassins mark just isn't enough for me to do that even with a 20/20

Edit: And while Im asking a bunch of questions why not take cold hearted calculation and the 8% attack speed nodes? They seen pretty amazing.

If you can afford the mana reservation and if you do not use curse on weapon swap then Tempest Shield is perfect to use to get some extra block. However I use weapon swap to bow for offensive curse which would deactivate Tempest Shield.

Assassin's Mark applied to boss and mobs surrounding can easily get you some power charges since LS proejectiles will hit the regular mobs while you focus the boss. You can also link Whirling Blades with PCOC which is another easy way to get some power charges as you move around in the fight.

I was originally spec'd into cold-hearted but I unspecc'd and got crit multiplier instead since it gave me harder hits for shock and freeze. Attack speed at Ranger start is also a good node and I would get it if I decide to level up more.
Finally took the plunge and decided to play this after having a Bino's drop (BoR drop, RG drop, Bino's drop, it was destiny). Absolutely loving it. OP survivability and great damage. Thanks OP!
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!
holy shit this build is strong. Even without all the great of gears..
haven't had any troubles with 225 dps dagger on lvl 82 in lvl 77-78 maps.
I'm curious about everyones thoughts about using molten strike over lightning strike at times when mobs have for example 75% light res
"
Sarasin wrote:
I'm curious about everyones thoughts about using molten strike over lightning strike at times when mobs have for example 75% light res

75% light res is not a problem , you can still shock monsters , deal high damage and u can curse them if res are a trouble for u.

To me 75% light res doesnt make much difference tbh.
I mean the question was not whether LS was bad when mobs have light res it was if there are situations in which molten strike is better. They are easily interchangable so it is at least worth looking into
Hey i am really interested in your build but i was thinking. why dont you use pierce or chain with lightning strike. Cause how do you kill packs of mobs with only 3 projectiles that dont pierce
Hi, I was running your build in Standard and managed to get a Bino's and Legacy Bringer of Rain,

now though i'm rolling with a friend in the new Rampage league and wanted your opinion on a couple of things,

is the non-legacy bringer of rain worth getting?

I noticed you no longer use the slink boots also, i really like the build i LOVE playing it, i can handle most things atm but Dominus in the residence map i have real trouble with and seem occasionally to just get popped by a exile or high DPS boss then i'll go back and trash it.

Tonight i've made it to Atritzi final boss which is the furthest i've been and i'm hoping to get her down soon, i just wanted to get your opinion on items that are not available in the Rampage league like legacy stuff and which route you would take non-legacy rain. Also your thoughts now your not using the slink boots.

My character is nothing compared to yours mate, and i mean nothing, but thanks for putting this build up and keeping this thread updated because its given me MUCH enjoyment and i love it!!!

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info