ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
gsoepldrummer wrote:
can i use loathbane with this build ? :D

Only recommend mirrored ambusher if you are using Acuity otherwise you may have mana problems on low regen maps because attack speed too high. Platinum Kris is better in this regard like Horror Skewer, Dragon Hunger, Storm Needle.

I did a comparison of some of these mirrored daggers a few pages back.

Honour Etcher gives more DPS than Loath Bane for this build, and the mirror fee is so much lower

thats right , that 2.0 atk spd dagger should be used with phydmg skills so u leech more mana and consume less but for lightning strike is hard to sustain mana cuz 56 mana cost and you would hav mana problems in no regen maps even with a mana potion...
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
did uber tonight. definitely doable with a better computer,

died a couple of time due to trash mistakes,

1. desynced in a mob pack
2. didnt bring topaz flask for vaal
3. whirled into pole at trio
4. didnt move out of degen quick enough (after the last trio died)

got someone to finish atziri with the last two portals left, was not confident to finish it after so many mistakes.

thinking back could probably do atziri with two ports left since trio was down. oh well will try again.

Hi! Glad you got to try Uber, I will post full walkthrough tips in a bit that I hope can help some more.

I saw your stream, you using Flicker Strike with PCOC? That is interesting and you can sustain BR nicely, you must have some chaos res right? You prefer Saffell and not Rathpith?

I have +20% ish chaos resistance, its good enough for me to sustain all the time and i have it on my shield so i can do a quick weapon swap to turn it off since they fixed snap shotting.

I use saffells 95% of the time, since it allows me to use my crit ammy which provides a 30-50k dps increase which is good if i want the fight to be over.

I only use stone of laz and rathpith when the bosses or the mods are absolutely ridiculous and so I want max block and spell block simultaneously.

max spell block and block at the same time is good for me because since we block more it means we also get stunned less, meaning attack more meaning things die faster etc etc. This can be prevented with stun and block recover mods on your shield and passive tree, and also going normal shield with good eva, life and resistances also makes your life much easier in non-extreme cases, you will still have max block for normal attacks but just a "bit" vulnerable to spell damage. no big deal really. In addition, going normal shield with good life and eva makes THE BEST out of your spell dodge nodes, i am way to lazy to do the math but just honestly try mapping once with a dps ammy and normal shield and keep a saffs on swap for the boss and you will see which one you prefer.

Once i figure out how to keep "past streams" on twitch, i can link my runs with a through explanation for each boss. For normal Atziri, in my opinion saffs is better than rathpith. this will be gone over in further detail but for now ill try to do the best i can.

1. if you have 4k life, no armour and get hit by a spear, you will not die. this goes for UBER as well as confirmed by mathill in his budget uber run, but these arguments dont go for uber since everything else one shots you :P

2. with higher max resistances at 80 fire and lightning, along with 30% spell dodge and 75% spell block, you can face tank everything but the double flame blast and you will not die. again will be gone over in the video.

3. main atziri cant be affected by elemental statuses but her clones can, what i do is stay in the middle when she splits, and look for the spear clone. should be really easy since she's posing with a long spear. MAKE SURE YOU ARE AIMING OUTSIDE AND NOT AT ANY OTHER CLONES, lightning strike branches out in a 45% angle so sometimes you hit things you dont want to, sometimes I die randomly because my little projectiles hit the mirror guy and i rip instantly since our damage is pretty insane. now you will ask why do you target the spear guy? because since the clones can be frozen, have a ruby flask in belt just for mental comfort :P and face the spear atziri and pound away, when a flame blast charges above you just pop the ruby or dont even pop it since IT CANT ONE SHOT YOU IF YOU HAVE 80% FIRE RESISTANCE AND 4K HEALTH. the spear guy will be perma frozen and you will block everything else.

although one might argue that it is good practice to dodging at normal atziri so when the time comes you can do it for uber. that's valid but imo the whole fight is different for uber and not even the bosses, just getting to the bosses will be a challenge for MOST people since the magic mobs hit like trucks.

dont want to make this post too long, but if enough people want it ill go indepth with a video explaining how to kill the trio with easy (no immortal call bullshit) and atziri.

cheers and thanks cery for this boss ass guide
SPorkTots
Thanks for the post Bleed. I really wish I could figure out a way to sustain BR without having to rely on flasks and without having to redo my gear for chaos res since it is set in stone. I can use BR pretty well for every content since I get between fights quickly and I can take down bosses easily, however for Uber trio I spend a lot of time at the beginning avoiding damage so I usually run out of the flask I use to sustain BR. And the same for Uber Atziri. So I decided to just remove BR completely from the build, and besides it only really works if you have Acuity and chaos resistance on gear.

I can understand your approach to the build, I realize the DPS is pretty good on this build now so people can afford to reduce some defense.

HOWEVER, I really think you would have a better time with Atziri not using Saffell and getting some regular block and using Rathpith's which would help a lot against reflect and everything else.

Rathpith also has 10% increased maximum life which you can keep permanently if you always have it as main shield. And the difference between 70%+ regular block with Rathpith and no block with Saffell's is just night and day.

I think it also helps in general to practice avoiding stuff manually for Atziri rather than straight tanking, which you cannot do for Uber. Once you learn Atziri's rhythm it becomes second nature and automatic, which you can then apply to Uber if you ever decided to try!

Anyway, I guess to each his own and I am happy people are trying their own versions of the build!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 17, 2014, 8:49:58 PM
I lost a lot of interest to do uber after 1.2 since it's not profitable anymore, also your video for uber vaal, you melted them while I did not experience the same situation, were you just lucky with critical strikes?

I guess what you said is true to get into the habit of dodging and using rathpith, but honestly the rhythm for uber and normal is not the same at all, maybe fight mechanics but the generally it's basically atziri on turbo
SPorkTots
Last edited by B_L_3_E_D on Sep 18, 2014, 1:07:00 PM
"
I lost interest to do uber after 1.2 since it not profitable anymore, also your video for uber vaal, you melted them while I did not experience the same situation, were you just lucky with critical strikes?

I guess what you said is true to get into the habit of dodging and using rathpith, but honestly the rhythm for uber and is not the same at all, maybe fight mechanics but the generally it's basically atziri on turbo

Reason I melted first Uber Vaal was my curses, 2nd Vaal was not cursed and took longer.

Hmmm so I compared the 2 Atziri vid, during split phase spear clone has faster attack speed, but the fire and lightning blasts all seem to have same interval speed. Small flameblast still has about 2.5s interval and still expands at the same rate as regular Atziri

If you keep the 2.5s interval in your head for the small flameblast during split phase, you can get in rhythm where you can start moving away even before the small flameblast is cast. If you forget to move soon enough you will need to use whirling blades because with my movement speed the rate of expansion of the blast is too fast. However I dont like using whirling blades too much because it can cause desync and also had some small recovery time which is annoying.

Anyway I 100% agree Uber is not profitable and not worth it anymore given gloves are so hard to drop now.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 18, 2014, 7:20:00 PM
NEW VIDEOS!

Level 76 Crematorium - 2x Unique Bosses, Shocked Ground, -22% Max Res, +30% Boss Damage, +30% Increased Monster Life: http://youtu.be/mLaRd3M8yPM

Extremely dangerous map. Combination of shocked ground, -max, and increased boss damage makes the 2 bosses on this map lethal.

Olmec's Sanctum Faceroll: http://youtu.be/r3GlA1m00cw

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 19, 2014, 1:02:33 AM
How did u get 18 level blind in bor ? o.O
And which tree is better: Current of Defensive ?
"
imatty wrote:
How did u get 18 level blind in bor ? o.O
And which tree is better: Current of Defensive ?

Hi! It is a legacy BoR, they changed it to lower life and lower support gems but there many legacy BoR being sold.

Tree depends on your preference! Default tree is Current, but if you want to get more life and block, and lose some DPS go for the Defensive tree.
Has anyone tried out Tempest Shield with this build over ele prolif in the auras for bosses at least? Seems to make sense to me. I also have no idea how you are keeping your power charges up in boss fights when it actually matters, assassins mark just isn't enough for me to do that even with a 20/20

Edit: And while Im asking a bunch of questions why not take cold hearted calculation and the 8% attack speed nodes? They seen pretty amazing.
Last edited by Sarasin on Sep 20, 2014, 12:50:24 PM
So this build is viable with non legacy BoR ? I think i don't have that many exalted to buy the legacy one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info