:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Plenty of crappy games from extremely popular IPs tank so your claim that it's just the 'Fate' tag that's keeping it alive is 100% untenable, but hey, it's not like your opinion on the issue matters in the slightest -- as you pointed out, 'Asian dudes in Japan' are the ones keeping Fate/GO at the top of the grossing charts, not you. We'll ignore the vague racism of that; plenty of people in other countries support Fate/GO substantially as well.

https://sensortower.com/blog/fate-grand-order-revenue-4-billion

"
It’s also proven a success in China, the title’s second highest-grossing market, racking up just under $416 million in revenue there to date, or 10.4 percent of its total revenue. The United States ranked No. 3 for all-time player spending, generating $151.8 million, or 3.8 percent.

$150 million in the US for one year is not chump change.

__

Moving on from that unpleasantness!

It's that time again: misguided knee-jerk reactions from ANN in the form of the Season Preview Guide, and in-depth but occasionally myopic suggestions from Sakugabooru. So far, there aren't many clear winners across the board. Arte was well-received by both, but little else. ANN fawns over the inevitable isekai offering (truck-kun is doing as good a trade as ever) and Wave, Listen to me; Sakugabooru promotes BNA, Sing 'Yesterday', and Gal and Dinosaur. It's rare there's so little crossover between the two, given noteworthy animation usually denotes a noteworthy anime...it's gonna be a strange season.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Plenty of crappy games from extremely popular IPs tank so your claim that it's just the 'Fate' tag that's keeping it alive is 100% untenable, but hey, it's not like your opinion on the issue matters in the slightest -- as you pointed out, 'Asian dudes in Japan' are the ones keeping Fate/GO at the top of the grossing charts, not you. We'll ignore the vague racism of that; plenty of people in other countries support Fate/GO substantially as well.

https://sensortower.com/blog/fate-grand-order-revenue-4-billion

"
It’s also proven a success in China, the title’s second highest-grossing market, racking up just under $416 million in revenue there to date, or 10.4 percent of its total revenue. The United States ranked No. 3 for all-time player spending, generating $151.8 million, or 3.8 percent.

$150 million in the US for one year is not chump change.

__

Moving on from that unpleasantness!

It's that time again: misguided knee-jerk reactions from ANN in the form of the Season Preview Guide, and in-depth but occasionally myopic suggestions from Sakugabooru. So far, there aren't many clear winners across the board. Arte was well-received by both, but little else. ANN fawns over the inevitable isekai offering (truck-kun is doing as good a trade as ever) and Wave, Listen to me; Sakugabooru promotes BNA, Sing 'Yesterday', and Gal and Dinosaur. It's rare there's so little crossover between the two, given noteworthy animation usually denotes a noteworthy anime...it's gonna be a strange season.

There’s a whole documentary on it, yes it’s an Asian guy living with his mom... it’s fucking hilarious. He spends thousands, after cashing out his stocks or taking money away from his mom to play this mediocre game.

Edit: you have to watch the documentary to understand

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 5, 2020, 2:09:32 AM
I probably knew about Daigo before you did, if you're referring to a Netflix docco, which tend to be behind the times but repackage things for the lowest common denominator to digest easily; it was thoroughly reported by WSJ over two years ago. It's his money, his life. *shrug* I'm done talking to you about it. Take a hint.

__

Curious that we have two Samura Hiroaki works back-to-back, and they couldn't be any different: from a hyper-violent period piece to a goofy, sentimental modern dramedy about local radio. I'm so glad that 'Wave, Listen To Me' is shaping up to be a good production, proving that Samura is anything but a one-hit wonder with Mugen no Juunin.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
"
I probably knew about Daigo before you did, if you're referring to a Netflix docco, which tend to be behind the times but repackage things for the lowest common denominator to digest easily; it was thoroughly reported by WSJ over two years ago. It's his money, his life. *shrug* I'm done talking to you about it. Take a hint.

__

Curious that we have two Samura Hiroaki works back-to-back, and they couldn't be any different: from a hyper-violent period piece to a goofy, sentimental modern dramedy about local radio. I'm so glad that 'Wave, Listen To Me' is shaping up to be a good production, proving that Samura is anything but a one-hit wonder with Mugen no Juunin.

How about you take the the hint, that I can smell your bullshit. If you knew whom I was talking about why would you start an antagonizing comment on, "racism?"

Here’s a friendly warning, please do not derail this thread, I understand you’re bored at home. But I’ve been reading some of your posts on other threads. Extremely passive aggressive towards others, please don’t "do" that type of behavior in this thread.

If you cannot not handle someones opinion on certain Anime culture, how about taking a deep breathe before making passive aggressive remarks.

Anyways... before I call the bouncers... Solomon is way extensive. J

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 5, 2020, 12:23:00 PM
Imagine completely shitting on a game but then somehow praising and loving the anime that wouldn't exist without it (and that includes Apocrypha, which was certainly funded in part with Fate/Go whale cash) and not seeing the hypocrisy. Just...imagine. I think the word 'bullshit' might apply to that sort of argument, if said word were to be used regarding what others say. I typically choose not to. It's not very nice.

Be nicer. There's a lad.

Oh, and speaking of derailing, how about not quoting what I've said about a
new Samura anime without commenting on it? Seems a bit rude!

__

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-05/sazae-san-voice-actress-dialogue-recording-put-on-hold-until-further-notice/.158312

This is actually really big news. Although largely unknown outside Japan, Sazae-san makes The Simpsons look like a youngster. It's been on the air since the late 60s, continuously. The titular character's seiyuu is 80 years old, and clearly not rolling the dice on this one. Good.

Currently playing on:
and,
"
Imagine completely shitting on a game but then somehow praising and loving the anime that wouldn't exist without it (and that includes Apocrypha, which was certainly funded in part with Fate/Go whale cash) and not seeing the hypocrisy. Just...imagine. I think the word 'bullshit' might apply to that sort of argument, if said word were to be used regarding what others say. I typically choose not to. It's not very nice.

Be nicer. There's a lad.

Oh, and speaking of derailing, how about not quoting what I've said about a
new Samura anime without commenting on it? Seems a bit rude!

__

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-05/sazae-san-voice-actress-dialogue-recording-put-on-hold-until-further-notice/.158312

This is actually really big news. Although largely unknown outside Japan, Sazae-san makes The Simpsons look like a youngster. It's been on the air since the late 60s, continuously. The titular character's seiyuu is 80 years old, and clearly not rolling the dice on this one. Good.

Sorry lots of "you’ve been quoted," wasn't my intention... Yes I know all about the funding etc... Still, I have a very strict attitude when it comes to an Anime we both enjoy. C’mon you’re not going to tell me that game doesn’t look like those first flash games that first appeared we’ve invested in.

I don’t like to see the characters, that we adore look like mediocre cut outs...

It is an old game true, but i'm not playing it because of that, I get sold on things like these ingame :

Spoiler

And if game plot will fuel the animes, I'm all up for it.

Id love to talk mobile games but can't do it here.

Watched Konosuba movie recently, its everything I could expect from that series, has quite a few nicely made scenes.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
Watched Konosuba movie recently, its everything I could expect from that series, has quite a few nicely made scenes.

That movie was quite something. I actually saw it in cinema quite a while back, it was surprisingly full even. My favourite part was that one last scene they threw in. SO good.
Spoiler
Seriously though, that last explosion when Megumin realises that Kazuma actually leveled up her explosion magic instead of listening to her? Lots of feels AND character development. For both of them.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Necromael wrote:
It is an old game true, but i'm not playing it because of that, I get sold on things like these ingame :

Spoiler

And if game plot will fuel the animes, I'm all up for it.

Id love to talk mobile games but can't do it here.

You can talk about mobile games here as long as it’s related to anime. Many amazing anime games out there, with QUALITY story lines and animations.

I was reading some literature on how some animation companies rely on this day an age on mediocre gaming apps that literally present horrendous aesthetics on our favorite Anime. So sad... what happened to the days of hours in the anime studio just using our hands to create beloved characters.

Yeah, money moves the world, but will never overshadow the foundation of good Anime. It’s hypocritical to love a(n) Anime series and say it’s okay to fund them with horrendous games, however popular. More delusion I suppose...

Last edited by solwitch on Apr 5, 2020, 7:52:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info