:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

When it comes to animation quality, there are some ridiculously good studios. Ufotable, Kyoani (I hope this will still be the case in the future), Bones and in my opinion also Shaft (if they want to that is).

Or course, Ghibli is one of the most well-known studios and has consistently amazing quality, but the other ones I mentioned managed to get movie-level quality on tv shows. And their movies are on a whole other level entirely...

I hope Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel: Spring Song will be shown in a nearby cinema when it comes out... the previous parts have been absolutely amazing.

Another one to look out for this coming year is Tenki no Ko, Makoto Shinkai's new work. When it comes to visuals, his films are pretty much the pinnacle. It's outright ridiculous.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Thank you, I am definitely looking into them. I can guarantee I’m not aware of the studio, but pretty sure I’ve seen thier creations. I didn’t even notice he left, but I know why. The forums haven’t been 100% kind to him, especially with his contributions.

I honestly believe this new generation does not deserve his insight and us whom have had the chance to relish in his input, "off persona" will cherish those moments. Oh boy, I’ll miss our banter... Eh life is too short, but as short as it is we choose how we live it.

P.S LOL you guys know how many times he quit and I bitched him out? Lol... And he came back? He’ll come back, he already... probably.... misses my ass.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 1, 2020, 7:00:34 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
Thank you, I am definitely looking into them. I can guarantee I’m not aware of the studio, but pretty sure I’ve seen thier creations.

Let's see... what are some of the more visually impressive ones they made...

Ufotable:
They manage to blend 2D and 3D to an insane degree, so much so they the two sometimes become indistinguishable from each other. The Fate main series, UBW is usually used as the primary example. The heaven's feel movies are absolutely amazing.
Their most recent work is Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. If you want some more traditional animation, try the Fate cooking spinoff (I know how stupid this sounds, but please, trust me), Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan.
Apart from Demon Slayer, Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, they haven't done a whole lot, but they sure nailed those.

Kyoani:
Incredibly high consistent quality, just about EVERYTHING about their shows looks great.
Violet Evergarden, Hyouka, Hibike Euphonium... they have a lot of really good ones, though in terms of visuals it should be one of those three. Proooobably Violet Evergarden. Or the movie A silent voice.
Overall, Kyoani works just ooze quality. I hope they will be able to recover from the fire... they are one of the most amazing studios Japan has in a lot of different ways.

Bones:
Straight up solid animation throughout entire series with some amazing Sakuga moments, they also cover a lot of different art styles.
Boku no Hero Academia and Mob Psycho 100 are probably their most well-known works these days, though their best series overall is probably still FMA Brotherhood. As for movies, I'd say go with Sword of the Stranger. If you haven't seen it yet, it's amazing. The fight choreography is absolutely brilliant in this one.
Then again you can't really go wrong with anything bones.

Shaft:
This is an odd one. While their quality certainly is amazing, this studio always brings it's own... style (for a lack of a better word) into the productions, it's difficult to describe. If you've seen a couple things they made, you can FEEL when something was made by them.
Their most well-known work is the Monogatari series. That probably also shows best what I mentioned before. Other than that, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and 3-Gatsu no Lion, both of which are absolutely amazing for completely different reasons.
Shaft's style can be hit or miss, but it's definitely good quality. Most of the time at least.

Madhouse:
I completely forgot to mention them and that's an almost unforgivable offense on my part. They are absolute Sakuga geniuses. When it comes to that, I'm not sure any of the aforementioned studios could beat them. They have an incredible lineup of good shows, both old and new... Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter (2011), No Game No Life, Chiharafuru, Death Parade... and that's just SOME of their series. Their movies are equally impressive, things like Wolf Children, Tokyo Godfathers and Summer Wars.
I don't think I'v ever seen a series or film by Madhouse that was not at the very least well animated. Had I mentioned all their good works, I probably would've hit the character limit. They have made a lot (and I mean a LOT) of good shows and movies.
So new magica anime, the start was promising. Not so much for the battle royal anime darwins game. God that was all over the place. I don't think i will be able to use the 3 episode rule with that.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Latest episode of Fate Babylonia was awesome. I just love caster Gil at this point... dude's got no time for being dead in the underworld, he's got things to do and places to be.

I don't think I watched any of the new shows yet... gotta take a look at the list and see which ones I'll be watching.
Already found one gem of this season... "Eizouken ni wa Te wo dasu na" (I'll just call it Eizouken for the time being). Fundamentally it seems like it'll be about making anime, but at the same time, the characters are shown in the world they're trying to create. The visual style is somewhat different from most stuff we have at the moment, but imo in a good way, it somewhat reminded me of hisone to masotan in that regard.
I will definitely keep watching this one.

Edit: For those interested, here is a link about more in-depth background stuff (animation and such) of Eizouken: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/01/06/keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-01-production-notes/. One thing I REALLY didn't notice while watching it was that they worked with watercolour simulation... it looked so damn good, I genuinely confused it for the real thing. In hindsight I should've known, but still... that some damn impressive technology behind that to make it look this believable!
Last edited by FCK42 on Jan 6, 2020, 8:49:04 PM
yes Eizouken is abolsutly awesome. Every gimbli oder better yet miazaki veteran will see the mass of references to his works, some of them are so much in your face you can feel the punch :P

but as always with these kind of series, its not for everyone. Shirobako at least wrapped it in a CGDCT setup, this show now has to run its course purely on comedy without appearing as some kind of slapstick. It will be interesiting to watch how they manage it. I'm already just in it for the pictures :D

edit: and just to put it out here: the city where they are living is awesome!
Last edited by tsunamikun on Jan 8, 2020, 7:44:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_YJde1yps

its coming lol, tommorow first ep of dorohedoro, hope there are at least 3-4 seasons of it, story doesnt lack plot until the end
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_YJde1yps

its coming lol, tommorow first ep of dorohedoro, hope there are at least 3-4 seasons of it, story doesnt lack plot until the end

won't think that will happen. Even if classic seinen seem to get more and more screentime. i will be content when they don't fuck 1 season up :D
Can we talk about today's episode of Boku no Hero Academia? That was absolutely stunning. From the story to the insert song at the end of the first half to the amazing fight and soundtrack at then end. And godDAMN the animation in that fight... it very much reminded me of Saitama vs Genos in the end... just brilliant.

I also got my weekly dose of Caster Gil in Fate Babylonia again... I feel like I enjoy his character way too much. He doesn't seem to give a damn about anything...

First episode of Kyokou Suiri came out today aswell. Appears to follow the manga quite nicely, decent quality and no obvious use of CGI for any of the characters for now. The subtitles I've seen it with were... not quite optimal to put it friendly, but overall it's a fairly good story. Let's see how it'll continue, I just hope that they don't screw it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info