:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
AND LOOK FCK, A FELLOW HISOTAN WATCHER!

I KNOW RIGHT????
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Christ, I'd forgotten how clever Steins;Gate 0 is.

Seriously, that was so well done.

Arakawa Under the Bridge looks.. interesting. Surprisingly the only stuff I've seen from SHAFT is the Monogatari series, which funnily enough is probably my favourite series of all time. I really need to check out some of their other acclaimed works at some point...
"
Navk wrote:
Arakawa Under the Bridge looks.. interesting. Surprisingly the only stuff I've seen from SHAFT is the Monogatari series, which funnily enough is probably my favourite series of all time. I really need to check out some of their other acclaimed works at some point...

This day and age the monogatari series is probably the most iconic series made by shaft. They did make quite a few other ones aswell though and pretty good ones at that, for example nisekoi, ef: a tale of memories, madoka magica and 3-gatsu no lion.
You can usually identify shaft series by either head tilts, frequent closeups of eyes or faces, quickly changing backgrounds, head tilts, abstract depiction of interior monologue of characters or head tilts.
Did I forget anything crucial?

Edit: fixed a typo
Last edited by FCK42 on May 31, 2018, 6:33:47 AM
^you forgot to mention head tilts.

A novice error since they use it ever so infrequently from show to show.

I'd recommend shafts completely, don't think i watched stuff of them i did not enjoy. Either for the visuals, their unique usage of them at times or the story's they tend to addopt.

The color shemes and backgrounds are yum.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Despite internet problems, i have manage to get the game patched and while i way can DL and watch Hinamatsuri
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
HisoMaso stuff (since I'm finally not alone anymore ^^ )
That episode just threw SO damn much at us... I kinda figured already that the old lady was a D-pilot, but now we finally know what that ritual is all about. Interesting to see that she seemed to have some sort of resentment towards the mikos...
Also, holy crap the new OP! I knew something felt off at the beginning, but took me a bit to figure out that it was the voice... and then all new visuals and lyrics, that's quite rare to see anime change their opening only partially these days, especially on the shorter ones or only a few episodes in (episode 12 if anything normally, but most definitely not 8).

Ok,

So I was sick on the weekend with the flu (or some other damned rhinovirus) and I was up late watching TV (cold tablets negate the symptoms but keep me wide awake). Flicked over to ABC for Kids and ... Sailor Moon

I mean .. wtf is that anime about? It it a love story? I know ive seen exactly one episode ever but it made no sense at all ...

*sigh*

I guess im just old, sick, and missing space robots blowing shit up.

Sword art online however seemed interesting. And the old series of Macross which was on even later cheered me up :)

Cheers,
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
If SAO sounds interesting to you, then watch Log Horizon instead. Basically the same setting. Apart from the soundtrack and the animation in some scenes (which both are still pretty good), it does just about everything SAO does, but better. It actually uses the game setting for plans the characters make, the characters themselves show a LOT of progress, the fights are much MUCH in depth and strategic (which isn't hard when compared to "i'm gonna bash that guy in the head with my sword really really hard") and it doesn't suddenly switch genres to something else and back.

Let's just say... the general anime community loves to hate SAO. And for some pretty good reasons. It does have some good points (primarily animation quality and soundtrack, although it is one of Yuki Kajiura's weaker ones imo), but there is a LOT of stuff you can complain about.

Well, if you seek any recommendations, just name a genre, setting, atmosphere, a similar other show or anything really and we should be able to provide you with something.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
One random episode of anything generally won't tell you much, and a long-running anime is no exception. I won't argue that Sailor Moon is complex or well-drawn or whatever but it's a classic for a reason.

We've given you plenty of giant robots blowing shit up suggestions.

FFS stay away from Sword Art Online. So many better things out there. Whatever SAO does, something else does it better.

Sort of surprised to hear Macross was on TV. Typically they're only allowed to broadcast Robotech, given the huge behind-the-scenes brawl between Big West (Macross) and Harmony Gold (Robotech). There's also a reason why a lot of great Macross never got an official Western translation or publication...

Yeah - sorry. Just sick and tired... so tired...

I quite liked the premise of SAO, simply because there is an evil genius that has trapped people inside an MMO and the main character is a loner - something I can empathise with in my game playing. Awesome :)

The macross was on 9GEM (iirc) and it was episode 2. It was also Thursday night at around 1am, but take that to mean sometime between 11pm and around 4am ... The animation is so old, but I still love it. The hashing and line art - gotta love that. Umm .. the TV title was robotech but the online TV guide said Macross so I cant be sure exactly which one it was sorry. And like i said, sleep deprived and sick, but at least able to breath thanks to the cold and flu tablets.

I rewatched Ghost in the Shell - the movies and the series on the weekend. Big binge there. Thats got to be one of the best series ever, although the recent movie is, possibly not worth talking about.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
FFS stay away from Sword Art Online.

Watch whatever looks good to you, opinions vary and SAO isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make out.

I would watch SAO over ANY magical girl anime tbh, also Aldnoah.Zero was hated on as much as SAO, just so you know what you are getting into charan.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info