0.11.4 Patch Notes

Crashed at 15% NUUUUUUUUUUUU
IGN - Hwich_Is_Which
What is the file size of the content.ggpk supposed to be after patching? Mine is 6.995Gb which seems larger than before applying the patch... Same with everyone else?

Edit: OK file has the correct size if I don't patch but redownload it.

Where is everyone at with the low speeds? Here (Europe) it works just fine ...
Last edited by xUnseeNx on Aug 21, 2013, 4:39:51 AM
4-12kbps :C
IGN
NewAgent

I myself liked the room for creativity with aura gems and sockets.
Can be great puzzles to solve to max out your sockets.

good the exploits of item swapping and putting the gems in the same place are gone though.
@Minstrelshadrak
plz fix patcher

i was downloading from 10pm to 4am EST and only got 33% done. wtf???
MFJonesHC
Launcher downloaded the patch in about 3 hours, so no problem here.
Game runs better than ever and ugly bugs were fixed...... GOOD JOB!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Only took me like 20 min. max to download it all "3.50MB/sec"

Fixed a bug where Infernal Blow and Dominating Blow could still apply to targets if the attack missed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! now i need to be hit capped
Last edited by albinofreaken on Aug 21, 2013, 5:24:26 AM
isn't there any manual download about the patches... i am experiencing slow download on the game download while my internet connection is still has the regular speed which i am using every day yet the download speed does not get any more than 50kbps when i have a regular speed of 250kbps..
same here, im downloading at no more than 200kbps, speed's very erratic.

been downloading for more than an hour and only 14% done

ridiculous
MFJonesHC
"
Spoiler
"
Reading through all the complaints, I sit back and laugh in that if this auras bug or exploit was never a bug or exploit in the first place, no one would be boohooing (to put it nicely) about it. With that in mind, the issue is now fixed and this bug no longer works in such way GGG did not intend.

There are good complaints and terrible complaints. This is not one of them, not if you put your feet in the shoes of a developer's standpoint.

There should be a second version of the line, "There will be bugs" in the Load Screen that reads, "Unintended bugs you may like against gameplay will be fixed. We are not sorry for this."

I think that's a fair forewarning since PoE is in beta. A great many players seem to be naturally or purposely absentminded in some way, shape or form in that they often forget or want to forget PoE is still in beta.

Come on guys, try to remember! PoE is still in beta. Stop complaining about bug fixes that are viable in that they help PoE to be the game GGG intends, not what spoiled-by-bugs players think the game should be. If it was up to you guys, you would want everything, including but not limited to, drops, handed to you on a star-spangled, silver platter.

The above is the reason why most average players wouldn't be good game developers in that they often offer very flawed, terrible feedback. More than not, you guys think about your own gains instead of gains for PoE so it's a legit game throughout its development via patches.

"
discoCowboy wrote:
Well put sir.

I'm glad someone else but me has more than half a brain to realize these things. Thank You.

FFS guys... so what it is beta?

Even games after final release have bugs, exploits, etc. and they are fixed. And there is a stream of spoiled ADHD kids' tears after each of the fixes.

Every online game changes with each and every patch. Every patch buffs some skills or mechanics, nerfs others, and introduces new that have to be taken into consideration in the following patch. There will never be balance, just a constant change aimed at achieving it.

And all in all, I know not of a single reasonable reason to QQ the gem/gear swap aura bug was fixed.

The life-based builds lose one of six (1! of 6!) auras, which corresponds to like 10% DPS decrease from what I know from people running life-based builds.

Huh, my exploit-based build is broken and I will not be able to clear the content I cleared yesterday because I have 10% less DPS...
FFS...

Couple patches ago I was playing an EK/CI Witch, and EK was nerfed by 15%. Now I run a RF/PA/Freeze Pulse Witch, and I had to replace Cold Penetration with Mana Leech. That is approx. 25% less damage done to mobs. So what? Well maybe I'm not pro enough to measure my penis by the tooltip DPS number of my main char, and I just don't frigging care what numbers there are on my char sheet, but what the actual viability of a build is.

And 10% less DPS make no actual difference in viability. All in all 95% of skill in this game is to be able to react fast to a sudden threat of dmg burst from mobs. Such sudden threat happens approx. once every hour. You just have to be able to maintain your focus all the time while you steamroll mobs and be able to react in an instant.
10% DPS more or less, it won't make you pop quicksilver and run away/alt+f4 faster.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Aug 21, 2013, 6:16:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info