0.11.4 Patch Notes

oh.. now it did pick up some speed.. 2mb/s stable, no rest for the wicked then :D
"
runnin17 wrote:
Poor planning GGG. Not very happy about the very slow download speeds. I really, really enjoy the game and have supported them, but I am getting tired of them cutting corners.

Step it up GGG. The game is awesome, don't ruin it by having crappy support.

crappy support? I'd rather they spend my money on development than distribution.
who cares if you have to wait long, given it can be annoying but its far from the furthest thing away from the end of the world..
I've asked a variety of questions concerning the game (mostly positive) and always got a response back WITHIN 10 minutes regardless of how trivial it was.

don't mix up slow download speeds with "crappy support" please.
I'm not defensive, i just needed to say it...
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Aug 20, 2013, 8:02:36 PM
"
smartybarty wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:
Poor planning GGG. Not very happy about the very slow download speeds. I really, really enjoy the game and have supported them, but I am getting tired of them cutting corners.

crappy support? I'd rather they spend my money on development than distribution.
who cares if you have to wait long, given it can be annoying but its far from the furthest thing away from the end of the world..
I've asked a variety of questions concerning the game (mostly positive) and always got a response back WITHIN 10 minutes regardless of how trivial it was.

Valid points. I still view the slow download speeds as laziness and poor planning, which I feel are aspects of support. Maybe you don't see it that way. I do. Again, nothing against the game and GGG as a whole, but I expect better of them. Of course, I expect better because they have been so good up to this point.
I prefer smaller, faster patches to immense, slow patches.
"
TurmoilTom wrote:

I second this
"
TurmoilTom wrote:

GGG did warn us this would be a large patch, but they always seem to have issues with their CDN...
Last edited by Caelestis21 on Aug 20, 2013, 8:42:34 PM
I went through the first few pages of this thread before it degenerated into a personal fight between some of the players.

The patch is downloading right now - I calculated that I'd have to wait for 68 minutes at my internet speed, but looks like it has come to even slower than that.

Lesson: Before pushing such huge patches, consider increasing bandwidth. If cost is an issue, even consider torrent - we guys will share the bandwidth that way :)

Review of the patch notes (not the actual patch because it's still downloading lol):
1) Butterflies: Classic troll, just like the other ones Chris has spun off from time to time. I'm not a big fan of these, but some people like when a game developer brings out unexpected surprises like this.
2) Reave: Sounds good, but dual dex+intel requirement? Why?
3) It's really an irony that a "reduced size" patch is actually "increasing" the download size substantially lol!
4) League banners fix: Welcome, now I know who died :D
5) Loading time: Was about 27 seconds on my desktop PC, will see if that changes.
6) Five new unique items: Let's see what they are, as people start finding them. I hope at least one usable by each class?
7) Weaver fight: Does this change only affect regular Weaver, or do map weavers also get this ability?
8) Quivers now have their 3D art match to their 2D art - well never really noticed this one - my whole screen is strewn with items that I can't keep track of.

To do:
1) Netbook mode! Just turn off the fine details and I want to have better framerate so I can also play on older computer.
2) Considering GGG decided that IIQ was more important than IIR, the screen is full of junk items in high density areas like maps. Can I have an item-alerter (not the third party one, one made by GGG in-game)?
3) Soul Taker description still sucks, and there is room to further improve the text.

Making some more coffee while I wait for patch download to finish. This is my third cup of coffee dedicated to this patch.
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
All of you whining like bitches about the patch size and download time have got to be the most clueless, uninformed, ignorant and ungrateful people who can possible exist. Maybe you could spend a small amount of time to understand why this patch is this way, and be appreciative of the amazing work GGG has done for this patch.

"Laziness and poor planning." HOW? In what way?

And what does your "feedback" about such a large patch to download have anything to do with actually discussing the content of the patch. "getting tired of them cutting corners" REALLY? Wow, unbelievable.

It's a huge patch! It's going to take some time. And you're mad that GGG is updating content because this is......interrupting you from...???

Thanks for this GGG, so much hard work and time into 11.4. Awesome, awesome! Keep up the fantastic progress!

<=^__^=>
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
runnin17 wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:

Valid points. I still view the slow download speeds as laziness and poor planning, which I feel are aspects of support. Maybe you don't see it that way. I do. Again, nothing against the game and GGG as a whole, but I expect better of them. Of course, I expect better because they have been so good up to this point.

I understand the disappointment of a slow download, but I don't understand how this is cause for you to think less of a company that has given you a game that has produced hours upon hours of entertainment for free.

Hell, I will probably use this extra download time to catch up on the lost sleep I encounter by playing the game.
"
Ydoum wrote:
Well, to be honest they should have prepared more than a single mirror for us to suck the files from. Americans had no issues with downloading the patch at full speeds (confirmed by a friend of mine) in matter of minutes.

Last I checked I was in America, and I'm lucky if I'm getting 20/40k. 1.7 hours downloading, total downloaded = less than 20%.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info