Our view on map drop rates

I see the endgame not as maps, but as (maps+the process to obtain and maintain maps). So it includes buying maps, playing maps, finding maps, upgrading maps, and doing that efficiently.

The doubt on where my map-ascent will go, makes the endgame much more tense than (spits on the ground) a game like D3.

As you can buy 66/67 maps in bulk relatively cheaply. I don't do too much re-rolls on those maps: much easier to get a reasonable roll, play, and if I start running out, buy new ones with the proceeds of play. In that sense IIQ and IIR work perfectly for me.

This will probably change as I ascend the map-tree (playing 66-69 now), but we'll see by then.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Map drops just sucks.Period.It needs balancing.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I see the endgame not as maps, but as (maps+the process to obtain and maintain maps). So it includes buying maps, playing maps, finding maps, upgrading maps, and doing that efficiently.

that's the problem imo....they putted too much of sink mechanics (time,currency) in this particular system...they seem that they try to fix all the problems, with maps (inflation economy, challenging zones, end game gear ) and this turned maps into a big pile of sh**t that FORCES players to do things (grouping,trading) and they HAVENT' fix the issues of those subsystems....

they must do something with the end game cause at the current state for solo players is a no-go (hell i even broke all my alts for some BLUE lvl66-68 maps!!!!!!!!!!)
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
Last edited by killbilly on Apr 3, 2013, 9:35:11 AM
Maybe the next patch will have something to help map drops?
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Just like you will no be able to kill Merciless Piety without a heavily optimised build, you may not be able to reach the endgame (which I define as killing Piety on the highest level map) without a heavily optimised map strategy. There have been some articles on the site on how to efficiently run maps.

Alternatively, when maps turn out to give less than 1 map per map, even when optimised, you may need to obtain an enormous amount of maps, say 20 exalts worth of maps.
And there is little difference between that and getting 20 exalteds to buy an uber item, which people seem to have much less problems with.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
(which I define as killing Piety on the highest level map)

Piety in the lvl 71 Temple map? She's easy.
"
"

How to handle? Never saw a guy who can survive the boss within lvl +-85 - ridiculous!

Back to topic
I can't feel (and i can't see!!!) that chisels and hard mods rolled on maps are increasing the map drop rate.
Every $"!%§$% 10% 66lvl map drops more maps than our 70-120% chisel'd +70lvl, if anything is dropping. Totally insane game with totally insane crap map drop rates (66 Map in a 74 WTF??)
It only costs your currency wasting for nothing, again and again....
There's so less content and this little bit isn't accessable most of time, play your game GGG and think about it.

til hitting 80 game was so awesome :(
"
"

In the 77 Shrine. Once I've killed her and Warmonger in the 77 Shipyard, I'll go do something else with my life until Act IV comes along.

As ARPGs have no real goal (just like RL), I define my own.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
killbilly wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

that's the problem imo....they putted too much of sink mechanics (time,currency) in this particular system...they seem that they try to fix all the problems, with maps (inflation economy, challenging zones, end game gear ) and this turned maps into a big pile of sh**t that FORCES players to do things (grouping,trading) and they HAVENT' fix the issues of those subsystems....

they must do something with the end game cause at the current state for solo players is a no-go (hell i even broke all my alts for some BLUE lvl66-68 maps!!!!!!!!!!)

It doesn't force you to do anything to reach high lvl.maps. it is more optimal to do so as a team, but you are by no means required.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
killbilly wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

It doesn't force you to do anything to reach high lvl.maps. it is more optimal to do so as a team, but you are by no means required.

You're not required no, solo players are just paying 6x the amount you are to roll the same maps assuming same rng. So it's a huge kick in the ass to run out of your map pool essentially 6 times quicker.

Just for kicks make a character(maybe hc?) and don't play anyone else's maps or use your current map pool and see how well you do. I think your view wouldn't be "you're all doing it wrong". I mean shit you die more than I do, but I don't say I'm better. Different circumstances and I acknowledge that, but you don't.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 4, 2013, 10:40:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info