0.9.12b Patch Notes

I wonder if you can count how many people actually have sockets not showing all the time :) But with the new look it was probably a psychological effect: "Damn the new ones look bad... let us hide them by default!" ;-)
Auras shouldn't turn off each time i exit an area, i hope there will be a fix soon.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
look like a couple developers guys come on that thread so ill try my chance lol:

we SERIOUSLY need an option to adjust the text size especially with that 1.12 patch wow. its ssooooooo small i have my noze sticked to my screen every time i try to read an item description wow. I would personally 4x the size of all text everywhere in game maybe more... O_O (and btw i saw ur very nice idea to add socket number/color next to the item text on the ground... those colored squares are not big enough. they would need to be 4x that size too)

What resolution and screen size (in inches or whatever) are you running?

It's likely we'll change this soon. In addition, there's talk of moving the bright sockets to a "colourblind mode" option.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Great patch notes, but...

Is there any word yet on when totems will be fixed, and/or is GGG aware that they seem to not attack at times, even if a monster is attacking them? Also, they seem crazy squishy now, but I might've missed that their HP would drop (seemingly) significantly in the patch notes.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
The "Gem" and "Currency" properties on the Item class in the JSON api are missing, was this intentional?

Edit: Ok I see what you've done, sneaky GGG.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Last edited by Stickymaddness on Sep 10, 2012, 5:12:14 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
edit: by the way, what was the positive aspect of that patch note again? i remember it being balanced with something else but i can't remember what it was. maybe higher level maps can drop in act 2 zones now instead of only on maps?
The positive aspect is that people no longer feel forced to use IIQ gear in order to progress in the endgame by getting maps, which there have been lots of complaints about.

Will the overall map drop rate will be adjusted accordingly when this change goes live? Not sure if i read anything about that in the other related dev comments or pre-patch notes.
IGN: KoTao
Well I like the slimness and brightness of the sockets, it's the texture that feels out of place, it's too polished and clean compared to the rest of the game.

The same size, but roughened up, would look great.

Thanks for letting sockets always be visible, it was a pain trying to see what to sell at the vendor without them.

And I LOVE the slimmer items!
As I've already said in the email, I feel the sockets shouldnt be so bright and cartoony. Better change their shapes accordingly

oval, square and some other strange form
Yeah, shapes would go along way of helping players discern sockets without having to rely on colors as much, and can add personality to the three different categories.
Making my view known before this thread runs into 20+ pages and it gets buried :P

Wow! The patch drops a day early! Well done GGG!

As for the map drop rate, yeah I noticed a dearth of drops while playing in maps. Over the weekend I got a total of zero maps despite rolling for mazes. Hope this gets sorted, or I have to buy maps with the liquidated loot that dropped in a map and treat the purchased maps like drops :)
As items are generated server side (correct me if I'm wrong here) I suspect something odd is happening here.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info