0.9.12b Patch Notes

Version 0.9.12b
  • There's now an "Always show sockets" UI setting.
  • Flasks hovers now display how many charges they currently have.
  • The map representation of the blockage at the Prisoner's Gate now updates correctly when you complete the "The Way Forward" quest.
  • The Golden Hand quest is now only given to you after you've rescued Helena. You still have to kill the Great White Beast first.
  • Fixed a problem with chat where the overlay map, inventory and passive skill tree would appear on top of it. For now, this means that chat will go over the top of vendor windows again until we fix that later.
  • Approximately 25 base item types have been made visually smaller, to conserve inventory space.
  • Reduced the frequency of voice acted yells that occur when the characters cast spells.
  • Restored the stat description on the Cold to Fire support gem.
  • Fixed a crash with Ice Shot.
  • Fixed a crash with Lightning Strike that would occur with specific two-handed mauls.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 10, 2012, 12:52:49 AM
Holy sh*t, that was fast O.o
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12b
  • Approximately 25 base item types have been made visually smaller, to conserve inventory space.

What does this mean? Is it just an art thing? It sounds like the number of slots it takes up in the inventory has been reduced (always nice).
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12b

What does this mean? Is it just an art thing? It sounds like the number of slots it takes up in the inventory has been reduced (always nice).

Right, the number of slots has been reduced on items that had a lot of empty space. People want more inventory space - this is one way :)

Btw, this patch isn't deployed yet. It's still an hour or two away.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Right, the number of slots has been reduced on items that had a lot of empty space. People want more inventory space - this is one way :)

Btw, this patch isn't deployed yet. It's still an hour or two away.

You should definitely make a unique ring which takes up 6 slots in the inventory.
IRON MAN
I added the Ice Shot crash fix to the list. Patch delayed by another hour.

Edit: and another crash fix.
Last edited by Chris on Sep 10, 2012, 12:52:59 AM
Wow, so what type of shrinkage... er I mean size reduction in number of slots can we expect to see? like some 8 slot items becoming 6 slots, or 6 to 4? etc? Or am I misunderstanding the change? If I have it even roughly correctly, this is a major change in inventory management. (for those who say, collect rares and have 20 slots of them like me, for making alchs and the like)
wait... wasn't there a patch note saying that quantity will no longer affect the drop rate of maps? what happened to that?
"
Arcis wrote:
wait... wasn't there a patch note saying that quantity will no longer affect the drop rate of maps? what happened to that?

This hasn't been done yet - it's still coming (probably this week).

"
Wow, so what type of shrinkage... er I mean size reduction in number of slots can we expect to see? like some 8 slot items becoming 6 slots, or 6 to 4? etc? Or am I misunderstanding the change? If I have it even roughly correctly, this is a major change in inventory management. (for those who say, collect rares and have 20 slots of them like me, for making alchs and the like)

Yes, some changed from 2x3 to 1x3, for example. It's noticable with quite low level bows and one-hand swords/maces/axes. This will result in more room available for items, yes!
"
Chris wrote:
This hasn't been done yet - it's still coming (probably this week).

that's funny, because everyone has been operating under the assumption that it's already in, and bitching hardcore about map drop rates sucking "now." watching the placebo effect in action is always a great source of entertainment.

edit: by the way, what was the positive aspect of that patch note again? i remember it being balanced with something else but i can't remember what it was. maybe higher level maps can drop in act 2 zones now instead of only on maps?
Last edited by arc1928 on Sep 10, 2012, 1:24:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info