0.9.12 Patch Notes

THANKS!! This was an AWESOME patch!
It's easy to see the whole game performance was improved a lot (it just take a little long to start ;-) ).

Minions changes are very good and so far i only saw a bug once: when I entered an area the minion counter was telling me "3 minions" but I could see only 2 of them... the third got lost on the way to the new level :-)

I agree that the new graphic for sockets is not as good as the old one and should be an option.
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
The minions are nerfed, but after one hour of playing I can say that it isn't bad at all. The AI has become better and the zombies are still a bit tanky. The total laziness is gone and I have to work more for my XP, but the gameplay is more exiting and thats a good thing.

About the window-layout and colors: I expected it to be very bad, but on my very old laptop with low graphics the new layout is much more readable.

Something else I noticed: Patch 9.11 was unplayable (1 frame every 10 seconds) on my old laptop. Patch 9.12 is playable. (2-~8 frames per second) Very nice :)
"
Magnamuz wrote:
"
SayaKho wrote:
So awesome!
Special big thanks for the minion work done, though their quantity decreased they became much more handy.
Yeah, much more handy just because they work now, but the quantity and the 30% less life was something not too handy IMO XD

Maybe I'm comparing them to the first time that minions worked fine, something some of you couldn't try and now see like "wow they kill now, thanks"...[/b]

Agree.

After respec I took all summoners nodes some mana and mana regen nodes and have like 10 points left (75lvl atm) so no way I can make good support skill.

Right now I'm using 2curses+summons+auras+firestorm to smash containers and have plenty of free gem sockets and lack of micromanagement in game.

I would really love to see ability to buff them not just via support gems but also via ordinary skill gems.
For example, Phase_run+totem or Righteous_fire+totem which creates totem that casts spells on minions or makes that spells active in some radius (something like phase run aura).
Though that idea requires new support_totem_gem and ability to pick a target on that spells.

And I want to add that I dont use necromantic aegis at all since never met proper shield.

If this post is too offtop then please move it to proper thread.
IGN BalaGi, SayaKho
Dominating Blow: Now works with unarmed attacks and has no limit to the number of minions it can create.
OMG YEAH!!
"
matt252 wrote:
thanks for changing up the colours on the sockets, i'm colour blind and it helps out a lot.

anyone complaining about sockets should read the above and rethink their position.

just sayin'

Last edited by laz000 on Sep 11, 2012, 2:03:13 PM
not sure why we got another cold spell instead of a needed fire or lightning spell

"
laz000 wrote:
not sure why we got another cold spell instead of a needed fire or lightning spell

Because the cold spells were ready, the fire and lightening ones are in the pipeline but not done.

Falan
I'm loving the new random maps in Act 1. Sure going to make it more challenging to get some of the "first to do X" in the races.

Also like the improved graphics and lighting in the caves, even more immersive.

Falan
"
laz000 wrote:
"
matt252 wrote:
thanks for changing up the colours on the sockets, i'm colour blind and it helps out a lot.
anyone complaining about sockets should read the above and rethink their position. just sayin'

That is not an excuse, the world can't stop making knifes just because children might get hurt. Luckily, this is a computer program, and adding options for every need is always an easy solution.

Just add: "Sockets for colorblinded: ON/OFF", like you added the option for the inventory to make sockets visible at all times and not only when pressing Alt.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12

Improved minion AI. They'll now attack monsters in a radius around the player, or around the player's current action location if applicable. Minions that do not follow players (such as skeletons) find targets around themselves rather than around their parent.
Added minion user interface that shows how many minions of each type you have. If you have only one, it shows a life bar for that minion.
Zombies and Spectres now move between areas with you. They don't appear in town, but will reappear when you enter another area. They are lost if you log off or are disconnected. If you get a minion from a higher level area, it will scale down to the level of any area that you enter. Minions are never scaled up beyond the level they initially came from.

That.. that..... just awesome at last. Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info