(Sep 9 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

"
NotThat wrote:
I think I got into cruel at 22 at around the 2 hour mark...

...Overall I think 32 is definitely possible. If this has never been done before I guess I'll try for that.

Here's my gear at the end of the race:

Unavailable

Yah you guys were so fast into cruel. GL on trying for L32!

Very curious why you were using the "melee dmg on full life" support? Seems to me it would almost never be active on a mara? A templar perhaps with some good energy shield...

Seems our gear was pretty comparable, I was just a lot slower LOL.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
FriarJon wrote:

I think we've shown the results weren't biased in a party friendly race. In fact despite the benefits a party may be disadvantaged as the solo races have seen higher level chars and further progression.

That's only the case for the marauder. In addition to that most people actually try in solo races. In the party race the top party usually had no competition and didn't really have to put all that much effort into progressing, from what I've observed in their streams.

Apparently I just barely managed #1 ranger, pretty surprised because I wasn't really trying all that hard lol. Took it really slow, played ultra safe. Drops were pretty good, the chestpiece that gave me 30% physical damage reduction by itself helped a lot.
Gear
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Also forgot to mention, I was using small flasks all the way into act 2, barely any flask drops. That probably further motivated me to play safe.
Last edited by Septile on Sep 8, 2012, 8:34:26 PM
Well fair enough, you got #1 shadow Victolol : )

I died with (KloVargen) ~35 minutes in but managed to crawl my way back to a rank #7 (and #2 shadow)

So all I could do was running dread thicket

Here is my gear, didnt got a single orb orb over (orb of chance)

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Such a silly death by burning menace (got a nice 3 second desync lagg) : /

Next time!!!!
I was wondering if the unique drop rate had been increased for this race. I got the boots in the mud flats and the sword in the cavern of anger:

Unavailable
Unavailable

Certainly a very fun race but proves that even when I'm given good gear, I'm just not fast enough :P
I'm surprised I even got top 10, I'm a total noob at races and had no idea what I was doing. Only reason I got top duelist was because ToE_LordSlayer died about 35m before the event ended, when he was two full levels ahead of me. Gotta get some tips from this guy!

Apparently movement speed boots were important for this kind of stuff, but I had some pretty atrocious drops anyway. I was using white boots for the entire run, even though I had transmute orbs!

Oh well, I did much better than I thought I would, and it was really fun :)
Last edited by Ralyks on Sep 8, 2012, 8:49:22 PM
"
devmoon wrote:
Well fair enough, you got #1 shadow Victolol : )

I died with (KloVargen) ~35 minutes in but managed to crawl my way back to a rank #7 (and #2 shadow)

So all I could do was running dread thicket

Here is my gear, didnt got a single orb orb over (orb of chance)

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Such a silly death by burning menace (got a nice 3 second desync lagg) : /

Next time!!!!

Yeah when I first checked my ladder rank somewhere aroun level 20 I was wondering why I have been the only shadow in the top 10 and guessed the other competitors must have died.
Since the lone marauder on the top decided to level hard I just could play it safe and take all the rewards slowly but surely (didn't even have movement speed boots :-( ).

The Menace is a bit rough for shadows from what I experienced, especialy if you encounter him without fire resistance rings (which is most of the time).
Got average drops aside from an above average boots (this means they had movement speed), and progress was also average aside from a pair of bails that cost less than 2 minutes between them and a horribly huge and mazy weaver chamber that wasted a good 15 minutes.

I reached pyramid later than desired and decided to move to cruel ledge anyway; from the looks of the xp graphs and 1st/2nd shadow totals, this cost me the win.

Desync was very minor (only one major teleport and few ghost hits) and neither of the act bosses proved particularly troublesome, though ill still be glad to see merveils coldsnap spam nerfed next patch.

Was a fun race overall (3rd shadow), GGs and congrats to the winners!

Edit: My final weapon. Behold and despair!!!

Unavailable
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Sep 8, 2012, 8:54:28 PM
Well I never go for the menace kill as a melee shadow but I somehow if you watch my vod on my stream I get desynced and stuck right at the menace and even fi on my screen I am far away I die in 2 hits : )

Well it was my fault since you can prevent those kinds of problem by taking a long curve around him instead of right beside.

I bet i got hit on the server side and it caused me to get stunned then I got desynced and my action dont register properly.
Was a good race, I gave up with 15 min to go and about 50k in XP behind since Myapali was in a higher zone than I was, and I was 7th or 8th on the ladder, was impressive he caught me since I was first most of the race.

My first templar build above 10, I can see why people think they sort of suck, it seems you have almost nowhere to go to get good points for the 20-35 level range.

I think my build will be much stronger once minions are buffed. (2h DPS + minion tanks)

Unavailable

Unavailable

were both so strong for when I found them, too bad really.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Sep 8, 2012, 8:58:31 PM
Yesterday I compared the top 5 exp of the first solo race (with IMdisappoint as one of them even though he didnt end as top 5) to the top 5 exp of the 2nd to last group race since the last one they were helping krip.

I looked at the exp at certain times in the race.. and it was pretty obvious that the people in party definitely had an exp advantage to solo. The solo racers may have ended at a higher level.. but the party players were ahead at a lot of points into the race. They could just party till it starts to slow them then go solo after that and beat the solo players easily..

(60 minutes for example.. every party player is above krip who was the highest solo player at that time)

I am not trying to say party race is bad or anything.. just that they definitely have an advantage unlike what some are saying just so they get party races.... I also think the people in the party race weren't actually trying even close to as much as the people in the first solo race.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info