(Sep 9 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

OMG, thought I had a huge bug in my monitor, but it was just Coldet that died, RIP dude.
I am not meant to ever win a race as a witch... I had the most perfect start ever. These unique boots from hillock which was already a big deal.. then finding all my medium potions fast... then a sapphire ring and iron ring + blue gem.. and then a +1 fire gem equip item

Unavailable
Unavailable

My death wasnt even instant.. it was pretty slow but I didnt even attempt to alt+f4 because never before did I die to those black mobs in cavern of wrath before I would kill them with ice nova.. In my practice runs I never die before killing merveil but in real races I have never even been to act 2.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Sep 8, 2012, 5:51:38 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Powster wrote:
I am not meant to ever win a race as a witch... I had the most perfect start ever. These unique boots from hillock which was already a big deal.. then finding all my medium potions fast... then a sapphire ring and iron ring + blue gem.. and then a +1 fire gem.

Unavailable
Unavailable

My death wasnt even instant.. it was pretty slow but I didnt even attempt to alt+f4 because never before did I die to those black mobs in cavern of wrath before I would kill them with ice nova.. In my practice runs I never die before killing merveil but in real races I have never even been to act 2.

To bad man, those shoes is such a big deal to get early :(
"
Kemichal wrote:
OMG, thought I had a huge bug in my monitor, but it was just Coldet that died, RIP dude.

LOL - Someone noticed

Damn that was 2 deaths with witches before Merveil. And all my trial runs went so smoothly all the way to the vacume cleaner. this midnight shit must have something to do with it.

Actually I NEVER complain about lag but I must be honest I did experience a lot more lag during this race than I have ever before had on my ADSL connection. I even had a huge rubberband in the submerged passage. I survived it but only just.

Kem - I really loved having your Ladder application this race - it helped to know where I was and it was very inspirational during the race. I just wish ggg would implement the /myladder and /myclass commands in game so that we don't need to leave the game screen to check how we are progressing on the ladder.

How many users used your application this race?
I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:

How many users used your application this race?

I have had 29 distinct users during this race which I am totally happy with (last event had about 49 users, but it lasted for a week).

To bad you have to tab in and out, my application was developed with a secondary monitor in mind. I have had people asking me for in-game overlays, but I have no experience with stuff like direct3D hooks or whatever.
RIP LordSlayer died to desync Vaal, had a really great run up until.

My death was total BS, I got hit by Vaal ground slam before I had even seen the animation. I saw him start to lift the hammer, immediately (hammer wasn't even a foot off the ground) started to run, the next instant I was dead. After I died, the animation played. Pretty frekkin annoyed right now. It's impossible to kill Vaal as melee duelist without getting right up next to him.

Maybe when bosses do moves like this which 1 shot they shouldn't be allowed to kill the player until the animation has at least played out on the client side. Sure I could've had more health and survived 1 hit but it's pretty hard as duelist to get that much HP and I don't see why I shouldn't rely on my skill to dodge his attacks.

Gear:
"
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

First time I got a unique I could use in the race, super sweet.
Last edited by duolc on Sep 8, 2012, 7:37:17 PM
Okay I joined this event after all. It was quite boring. I stop as a level 14 witch that can't get past Merveil. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so bad, Merveil was never a problem for me until today. I even had 50% resists! I think my damage sucked. But I can't be bothered to get better wand or something, I rather stop at this point. (With for example duelist in the week race I just walked to merveil and struck her heavily to death.)
Oh it was desync and lag and BTW, just saying.

The only bright side of this race was Kem's live ladder or how is it called. Having it on second monitor and checking the green flashes when people died and red flashes when someone passed me, that was quite fun.

I think I earned 5 random currency items. Yay! (Except that many more dropped while I was playing this race.) Of course I wasn't playing it for the prize, I actually think the currency rewards are bad idea...

And ... Parties enabled next time please, I was having like 100% more fun in those. I don't care if some parties are OP and make less successful people whine on forums or whatever was the reason for not doing those races any more, I want to have fun while playing and this wasn't much fun for me.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Sep 8, 2012, 7:43:41 PM
im also a bit bored of the solo race
bring on party race!
76 currency rewards in total this race, why even bother about 1 week race events :-P?

Pretty solid run this time, defensive drops were totally fine, but my weapons were as bad as they could be - I seriously couldnt find a weapon with more than +1-2 phys damagebonus until the cave. I ended with this weapons:

Unavailable
Unavailable

Notice that one is a level 17 rapier and the other one dropped at fetid pool in cruel :-).
Unfortunately everything from Dread Thicket up to Medicine Chest (Cruel) took way longer than it should have - I wouldnt have stood a chance against serious competitors this way.

E:
"
Lazze wrote:
Encountered a bug after 20 mins of play.
Unable to move with left click mouse.
Works if I click on a npc or item on the ground , othervise can´t move. Logged in with other chars and no problem there.
Debug info/screenshot :
Spoiler

Probably not a bug because you bound some trap skill to your left click. I can be wrong though, never used traps.
Last edited by Victo on Sep 8, 2012, 8:14:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info