Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

Love this build, ( using the "sword/Soultaker hybrid no weapon specific nodes" build), love Bringer of Rain.
15k dps with 2 welfare rare weapons. Blender indeed.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 11, 2013, 3:04:44 PM
what is aps or attack speed soft cap/diminishing returns?
Anarchy ign - FlashGordon_ or duelmanakh
Last edited by manakh on Aug 11, 2013, 12:39:26 AM
you need to explain more about soul taker in that it really makes no regen maps easy and you can run more auras, etc. this is a huge advantage and a big incentive to go hybrid or pure axes

also, you can just as easily leap slam vs whirling blades

and it is very misleading when you say 90% damage reduction in explaining the merciless bandit reward. it isn't really 90% reduction on hits that matter so the extra charges are very relevant.

my friend who only plays with the other 2 of us has this build and does 50k+ with only soul taker as an item we did not find ourselves. he has max resists for all elements and chaos with just less than 4k health and can do easily all map mods. this build is definitely super strong for high end maps and he does the most damage between me (rf low life spork totem) and the other guy (roa ranger). he does suffer slightly in survivability (4k hp vs 9k es) and has more trouble with bosses with extra dmg mods and -max res/vulernability for higher end bosses such as 76 crematorium boss or precinct boss or 77 shrine boss, but in general is very survivable as well.

one suggestion i can make is that you make your amulet slot flexible and carry Stone of Lazhwar for certain bosses with crazy mods if they are casters such as magera\

of course another weakness is that it doesn't allow for much mf unless you have crazy rings/boots/amulet since you don't get helmet/chest slots or a shield or shield passives to make up for andvarius resists but on just farming docks/66-72 maps you can slot in mf and still be tanky enough

some other random tidbits but that's all for now
Last edited by karitas on Aug 11, 2013, 12:41:08 AM
"
karitas wrote:
you need to explain more about soul taker in that it really makes no regen maps easy and you can run more auras, etc. this is a huge advantage and a big incentive to go hybrid or pure axes

also, you can just as easily leap slam vs whirling blades

and it is very misleading when you say 90% damage reduction in explaining the merciless bandit reward. it isn't really 90% reduction on hits that matter so the extra charges are very relevant.

my friend who only plays with the other 2 of us has this build and does 50k+ with only soul taker as an item we did not find ourselves. he has max resists for all elements and chaos with just less than 4k health and can do easily all map mods. this build is definitely super strong for high end maps and he does the most damage between me (rf low life spork totem) and the other guy (roa ranger). he does suffer slightly in survivability (4k hp vs 9k es) and has more trouble with bosses with extra dmg mods and -max res/vulernability for higher end bosses such as 76 crematorium boss or precinct boss or 77 shrine boss, but in general is very survivable as well.

one suggestion i can make is that you make your amulet slot flexible and carry Stone of Lazhwar for certain bosses with crazy mods if they are casters such as magera\

of course another weakness is that it doesn't allow for much mf unless you have crazy rings/boots/amulet since you don't get helmet/chest slots or a shield or shield passives to make up for andvarius resists but on just farming docks/66-72 maps you can slot in mf and still be tanky enough

some other random tidbits but that's all for now

I'll throw in more about the Soul Taker tomorrow.
IGN: FVX
Twitch: im2P
I'm moving from my 6l to a BoR again. The blind is too strong for survivability. However I'm keeping it for my MF build (300 IIR/140 iiq) with 30k dps and about 3k life with 67% reduction before granite flasks as well as max resits and 0 chaos res, its a 4 min lunaris clear and fastest docks clear was 1.5 mins as a flicker strike instead of cleave.

50k dps is very possible with this build, especially if you go pure axes.

Leap slam is a bit more annoying to go with than whirling blades and it doesn't cover as much distance as fast. Both are great though and it is more a playstyle preference than anything.

Soul taker allows you to run auras on your mana (I run haste, purity, determination, hatred) with either two nodes for 5% reduction or an alpha howl. As well as grace on my health (which you can run on mana instead of haste if you want)

It allows you to do no-regen maps because you can blood magic your curse (enfeeble or vulnerability) and leech back any life used from that ability and because you use no mana for your attacks you can ignore mana completely.

4k health with BoR would require level 90+ to maintain 50k dps (and likely an axe based build) unless you somehow have an average damage phys offhand with over 260 average damage (like a mace with 420 top end 130 low end) but is def possible. Unless hes running like 7 auras with 3 on his health.

The amulet you talk about is good to swap in for some block chance, since you can get about 25% chance to block spells. Some builds require the all stats from amulets and such to get to the point they can use purity.

90% damage reduction isn't against huge hits and it is only an estimate, and most of the tankiness seems to come from the blind and their ability to miss their big attacks (kole missing his big attack 3 times in a row in the video). You can still get one shot by map cole if you aren't careful and in a full group, also as a hybrid build you can just whirling blades away and not get hit if you watch the animation so it really should not be a problem even if you are lower health.

Right now my setup at level 81 has:

48k dps (axe + sword)
3.2k life
max all res including chaos inside maps with reduced (not including endurance charges)
70% phys mitigation without flasks

I need new gloves but other than that I have no items i'd replace unless i can get a weapon like described above (i have a 386 dps 1h axe and a 370 dps 1h sword)

And one of the biggest things for dealing with reflect bosses IMO is having enfeeble. Because you cannot dodge your own attacks reflected back at you the base line 30% damage reduction helps so much. As well as possibly swapping in life on hit gem opposed to fire damage or something can alleviate physical reflect damage as well.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Shodokan123 on Aug 12, 2013, 12:03:03 PM
"
x2P wrote:
Check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBCbMMMWGo&feature=youtu.be

This video shows my current gear/damage and some of the fun things you can do with the build.

Cool video, like showing all the different skill combos. Can obviously tell it isn't quite optimized for some of them though.

Was fun to watch though. My dw build is more optimized for cyclone you should see it some time, or i should make a dumb video finally.

Although I have tried a lot of these others you showed for fun, I don't think I ever got my flicker to look like that. Going to give it a shot next time I play. Unfortunately not having that axe I have to run blood magic gem. Plus only using a 5L, so that right there sets me back in these regards. Although playing on onslaught now, still debating between using my carcass jack and picking up bor. Also made a secondary character that will be played a bit different on onslaught for more of a safety net during desyncs, and in prep for reave.

Nice work

You apologize in every video...
IGN: Broconist
Well, it's some infernal axe I believe with 315 ish dps and 30 chaos res. As for the 50k dps, it's likely just a more dps/life efficient tree to make up the difference really.
"
karitas wrote:
Well, it's some infernal axe I believe with 315 ish dps and 30 chaos res. As for the 50k dps, it's likely just a more dps/life efficient tree to make up the difference really.

So it is a pure axe build then, which will yield higher dps for the node investment, and will give you a bit of wiggle room for more life points (how much % life?)
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
What adjustments would you make to a flicker-strike variation of the build? Would I need any extra frenzy charges at all? also I am playing on onslaught and I really wanna try flickerstrike bloodrage with multi / melee splash.
EHC: Wyvernborn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info