Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
TheBuudah wrote:
Great build.
Though I expected a bit more dps :P

When I had my soul taker
20k Dominating blow with a shield
35k Lightning strikes with a shield

You're probably decked in Best in Game gear lol. I've seen some of the items you had.
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
"
"
G1deon wrote:
What do you think about Death's Oath for this build? Extra AS and 5% life leech seems nice, but is it possible to deal with chaos damage?

And about meginord's girdle?

Girdle is a leveling item. Eventually you'll want a higher life belt with Chaos Res and armor. I think it's honestly a toss up between Wurm's Molt and Girdle for leveling..

Death's Oath takes away the focus of this build: the 7L Bringer. Even if you had a 6L Death's Oath, the lack of a life roll makes this worse than Bringer. Ultimately this item might be fun to try out but I don't think it wins against the Bringer in regular or hardcore. In Hardcore, this is also an extremely dangerous item that will require expensive additions as Chaos Res pieces with nice rolls are harder to find.

On the side note, an item I just picked up that I feel complements this build insanely well is the Death Rush (the cheap way to get Chaos Resistance.)

The 4% Life Leech means that I no longer need the Blood Drinker node and I can finally replace my Wurm's Molt with a decent Belt. Perfectly rolled, this item gives 32% Chaos Res which is insane and the bonus to kill is nice for even faster clearing.

PS: The Onslaught on kill helps greatly with Temp Chains map mod. :D

I'm using that ring on my onslaught character. Works out quite nicely, killing packs the buff is always up for my character. I don't have RT either and the ar gives me a huge boost. Not to mention good leech.
Hey man! Awesome guide! I am kind of stuck in a rut with my 75 Duelist and I may give this a whirl. Couple questions for you, if you would indulge me!:

1) If you are running the Hatred Aura and Weapon Elemental Damage, do you think it would be worthwhile to try and get the Ice Bite node for another +30% weapon cold damage? I find it is in such an awkward place in the Duelist area though...what are your thoughts?

2) With respect to a sword specific build: Is it best to get as much attack speed as possible? You can squeeze about 18% more Attack speed (as well as +40 dex, +10 max life, and +4% movement speed) from the Ranger start area if you pass over the "dual wield block" nodes by Beserking and also lose 1-2 of the single point 10-12% damage nodes (or 4% attack speed nodes, or 1% regen node) by going for Aspect of the Panther and Weapon Artistry...you could even spend another 2 pts for +10% phys and another 8% IAS from Finesse...although the +20% accuracy bonus is useless with Res Tech. Either way, the 16% chance to block from passives remains the same, which is nice!

Spoiler
[/url]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwSxBS0G7g6tEPAR1RIgEuEUIBR1GNsZLhpVGtsbrRv6IWAl3yftKaUyCTQ1Nug4ljrtQKBDnEd-Sn1MYFBHUFBT31RJVvpXDVhjWNtbr16LXzlfP2BLYSFjF2NwZKNlTWeAZ6BuaXBycql07XTxeu982YN8hNmE74d2jM-QCpHOlWaXcJkrmy2bg565ns2kGacwqAesqq-itxe53b2BvqfAD8EHxtjKkM_40iHSTdN-1FLUj9d-2WHdDd3j51LuDu8O707v4_Iv9kj3vvzF[/url]

I'm not trying to be "that guy" who is like "Oh, I tweaked your build!" I just happened to have all of those ranger nodes in my current Duelist and found it to be an efficient little cluster even if you don't need the block chance...if you want/use the 4% block chance it becomes that much better.

Thanks for posting this guide! I really think it is going to give my Duelist new life...I had been running a pure phys power charge on crit build and it works well sometimes, but this seems so much simpler and so much FASTER!!! LOL. I need to see if I can get a BoR now!
Cheers!
I'm trading out my axe/axe build for axe/sword... simply because whirling blades is too freaking fun and useful (dodging vaal smash, piety balls or kole smash is really handy)

I'm going to try and pick up one of the high res death rush rings i think to replace a more defensive ring i have.

I'm already at 12 attacks per second though :\ so i might have to cut back on the attack speed nodes since I'm not sure much more attacks per second would be at all helpful.

I'm level 70 with 30k dps though which is nice.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecDhwUtDq0R1RIgEuEUIBRNFHUYTRjbGS4aVRutG_odyiECIWAkiyUnJd8n7Si1KNsppSr2LdIyCTboOJY62DrtPQ9AoEOcR35I7kp9UEdT31cNV5dYY1jbW69c-V1JXotgQWBLYIhhIWFSY3Bko2VNZ4Bnm2egbmlwcnKpdO108XbneEl4rnjreu97jHy7fNmDOIN8hNmE74d2kHSRzpkrm4OeuZ7Nn8uiAKQZpzCoB6vFrKq0-bcXvYG-p8APwYvE9sWKxtjKkM_40iHSTdN-1I_ZYdyC3Q3f7-RR5wrnru9O73rvfO_j8B_8xQ==6f43

Will be my end tree i think.

Axes really does do a lot more damage though. The above build is only about 362% at 100 where as axes get closer to 480-490%

So like we discussed I may switch back to axe/axe around level 92 and i'd suggest axes to people who don't necessarily need/want the movement from whirling blades.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Shodokan123 on Aug 7, 2013, 8:54:41 AM
What about physical reflect?

Any videos of high level maps?

Nice guide. tnx
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Nice guide. tnx

You can get up to 60% baseline phys resist and with a granite you can out heal the reflect.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Nice guide. tnx

You can get up to 60% baseline phys resist and with a granite you can out heal the reflect.

thanks

I forgot this is actually mostly aps where the big dps in this build is coming from, the individual hits will be something like 1k physical max. (And no crits to worry about) Which is 350 at most on a double reflect, and he can get 60k armor and 5 charges ... yeah, no worries on reflect for sure. Just dont apply vulnerability to be safe^^
"
Halezor wrote:
Hey man! Awesome guide! I am kind of stuck in a rut with my 75 Duelist and I may give this a whirl. Couple questions for you, if you would indulge me!:

1) If you are running the Hatred Aura and Weapon Elemental Damage, do you think it would be worthwhile to try and get the Ice Bite node for another +30% weapon cold damage? I find it is in such an awkward place in the Duelist area though...what are your thoughts?

2) With respect to a sword specific build: Is it best to get as much attack speed as possible? You can squeeze about 18% more Attack speed (as well as +40 dex, +10 max life, and +4% movement speed) from the Ranger start area if you pass over the "dual wield block" nodes by Beserking and also lose 1-2 of the single point 10-12% damage nodes (or 4% attack speed nodes, or 1% regen node) by going for Aspect of the Panther and Weapon Artistry...you could even spend another 2 pts for +10% phys and another 8% IAS from Finesse...although the +20% accuracy bonus is useless with Res Tech. Either way, the 16% chance to block from passives remains the same, which is nice!

Spoiler
[/url]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwSxBS0G7g6tEPAR1RIgEuEUIBR1GNsZLhpVGtsbrRv6IWAl3yftKaUyCTQ1Nug4ljrtQKBDnEd-Sn1MYFBHUFBT31RJVvpXDVhjWNtbr16LXzlfP2BLYSFjF2NwZKNlTWeAZ6BuaXBycql07XTxeu982YN8hNmE74d2jM-QCpHOlWaXcJkrmy2bg565ns2kGacwqAesqq-itxe53b2BvqfAD8EHxtjKkM_40iHSTdN-1FLUj9d-2WHdDd3j51LuDu8O707v4_Iv9kj3vvzF[/url]

I'm not trying to be "that guy" who is like "Oh, I tweaked your build!" I just happened to have all of those ranger nodes in my current Duelist and found it to be an efficient little cluster even if you don't need the block chance...if you want/use the 4% block chance it becomes that much better.

Thanks for posting this guide! I really think it is going to give my Duelist new life...I had been running a pure phys power charge on crit build and it works well sometimes, but this seems so much simpler and so much FASTER!!! LOL. I need to see if I can get a BoR now!
Cheers!

Ice bit is not worth it. It is far too much investement. Lava Lash is only sometimes worth it, and even then it is much better than ice bite as Added Fire gives more ele damage than hatred does.

My sword build was from prior to the ranger changes, I completely forgot to revamp it for that.

Here is a slight modification to what you posted that will give 9% more AS for 1 extra point. I will add it as a secondary build.

The difference from this to my current sword build posted is:
7% less PD
No lavalash
16% more attack speed
4% less block.

I feel like it would be pretty even once LL is accounted for.
IGN: FVX
Twitch: im2P
hey man, you have a YT account with videos?
Hi,
Could u post screenshots of your stats?
And what is 90% Reduc Dmg for you? You know it isnt really 90% dmg red?
Last edited by Sebash6 on Aug 13, 2013, 2:04:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info