Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
x2P wrote:

Finding an equivalent sword will be... tough...

I'd say Alpha's howl would be pretty solid. You can use it to cast your auras without actually having to use it. If you chaos resist is already good, I would stick with using the Alpha for the cannot be frozen. If Chaos Res is an issue for you, I have seen some 1K + evasion helms with high chaos res.

If going for high damage rings lowers your resists too much, use purity instead of haste. Haste is pretty horrible. You can gain much more DPS from rings than haste can ever give you.

Sounds good. I am slowly building chaos res. I am still building my full set and need rings/amulet/gloves. I have a good 30 all res + life + 25 chaos ring (no damage, so maybe replaceable).

You can add me in game and we can talk next time about the helms if you'd like.

I got really lucky with the chest, i rolled it within 100 fusings and got the base really cheap... -shrug-

I'll be on later tonight. Lets stomp some maps together :D
IGN: FVX
Twitch: im2P
"
x2P wrote:
"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
x2P wrote:

Finding an equivalent sword will be... tough...

I'd say Alpha's howl would be pretty solid. You can use it to cast your auras without actually having to use it. If you chaos resist is already good, I would stick with using the Alpha for the cannot be frozen. If Chaos Res is an issue for you, I have seen some 1K + evasion helms with high chaos res.

If going for high damage rings lowers your resists too much, use purity instead of haste. Haste is pretty horrible. You can gain much more DPS from rings than haste can ever give you.

Sounds good. I am slowly building chaos res. I am still building my full set and need rings/amulet/gloves. I have a good 30 all res + life + 25 chaos ring (no damage, so maybe replaceable).

You can add me in game and we can talk next time about the helms if you'd like.

I got really lucky with the chest, i rolled it within 100 fusings and got the base really cheap... -shrug-

I'll be on later tonight. Lets stomp some maps together :D

Sure, One last question.

With US I won't have the 75% dodge you do. How much of an impact do you feel this will have? Especially vs ranged mobs. I mean you did say that it could be just as if not more effective to run a 6l setup just very costly (which i obviously got lucky with).

IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Typically only a few bosses even live long enough for the blind to matter. You should be tanky enough with that chest piece to be fine because you can't be stunned from big hits.
"
x2P wrote:
Typically only a few bosses even live long enough for the blind to matter. You should be tanky enough with that chest piece to be fine because you can't be stunned from big hits.

I also started from the Marauder tree instead to maximize on the amount of strength and easily accessible damage nodes the build can obtain. I'm not sure exactly if/how this will effect the ability to run purity opposed to haste, at least not max level purity.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Shodokan123 on Aug 6, 2013, 4:25:21 PM
"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
x2P wrote:

I also started from the Marauder tree instead to maximize on the amount of strength and easily accessible damage nodes the build can obtain. I'm not sure exactly if/how this will effect the ability to run purity opposed to haste, at least not max level purity.

Max level purity only needs around 100 int.
Posted in your reddit thread but here are some more personal thoughts on the build. First off I play a Onslaught version of this build.

Gear

For the majority my build focuses on survivability with 7 Endurance Charges and slightly more life. Currently my issue is only Chaos Res (which can be fixed with good enough gear). The build works great regardless of items; before I got my Soul Taker/BoR I was able to run fine on a Tabula Rasa.

My suggestion for your personal experimentation would be to switch WED with Concentrated Effect. This is a physical cleave build and for me I got a 5k DPS increase when I tried Conc Effect over WED. The reduction in radius I countered by grabbing the Blast Radius Node. Even without it, you still have enough AoE (especially with MS autotargeting that you'll boost DPS without reducing clear speed.)

I definitely agree that Soul Taker/1H Sword is the best version to run. The addition of Whirling Blades is amazing for movement and positioning with respect to bosses like Vaal. (Even on Onslaught with frenzy, I have enough time to whirling away when he is about to smash.)

Finally a suggestion for gear for the poor is Wurm's Molt. The belt adds 2% life leech so that you can cut your life leech gem and if you do not wish to run Blood Magic, the 2% is more than enough to sustain the Multistrike Leech bug.

As you can see, most of my gear at the moment is subpar except for the 2 Swords and the Helm. Even without great gear, I am still able to clear maps insanely fast (26.5k DPS) without sacrificing survivability for a HC league.

PS: Haven't seen you stream in a while :(
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
Last edited by 김태연 on Aug 6, 2013, 5:01:45 PM
No conc effect on Cleave? I thought that was its highest damage booster.
Have you tried using Blood Rage for the life leech?

I was referring to iamyoona, instead of using Wurms Molt

Carcass Jack helps with counteracting Conc effect's reduced AoE, but its really hard to roll 4+ Red sockets on it
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Aug 6, 2013, 5:14:02 PM
"
Navac wrote:
Have you tried using Blood Rage for the life leech?

I currently use blood rage for the frenzy charges. The LL is worthless as the 2% from the passive tree is enough to set me at cap.
"
Posted in your reddit thread but here are some more personal thoughts on the build. First off I play a Onslaught version of this build.

Gear

For the majority my build focuses on survivability with 7 Endurance Charges and slightly more life. Currently my issue is only Chaos Res (which can be fixed with good enough gear). The build works great regardless of items; before I got my Soul Taker/BoR I was able to run fine on a Tabula Rasa.

My suggestion for your personal experimentation would be to switch WED with Concentrated Effect. This is a physical cleave build and for me I got a 5k DPS increase when I tried Conc Effect over WED. The reduction in radius I countered by grabbing the Blast Radius Node. Even without it, you still have enough AoE (especially with MS autotargeting that you'll boost DPS without reducing clear speed.)

I definitely agree that Soul Taker/1H Sword is the best version to run. The addition of Whirling Blades is amazing for movement and positioning with respect to bosses like Vaal. (Even on Onslaught with frenzy, I have enough time to whirling away when he is about to smash.)

Finally a suggestion for gear for the poor is Wurm's Molt. The belt adds 2% life leech so that you can cut your life leech gem and if you do not wish to run Blood Magic, the 2% is more than enough to sustain the Multistrike Leech bug.

As you can see, most of my gear at the moment is subpar except for the 2 Swords and the Helm. Even without great gear, I am still able to clear maps insanely fast (26.5k DPS) without sacrificing survivability for a HC league.

PS: Haven't seen you stream in a while :(

I love your onslaught build. The only thing is I absolutely hate Conc Effect. For softcore, my dps is high enough to where things are dying instantly. The small boost in DPS from Conc wasn't worth the radius loss in my situation. Thanks for the reminder about Wurms molt - it is a great starter belt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info