Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
dwarfpower wrote:
Why are you theorycrafting 120p builds when most likely you'll help Oak 2-3 times (thus making max points 117-118)?

because of what you mention yourself "most likely" - some will opt for all the passives from the bandit quests, some will opt for none, only one or only two, if you use a full 120 point build then it is usable for everyone; as it has been noted multiple times before, these builds are not made as strict guides, they are guidelines, so if you have opted for multiple Oak bonuses, then you adjust accordingly, if you opt for a single type of weapons you adjust accordingly and if you have special issues, needs, or if you find that you are over-geared, then yes, you adjust accordingly.

Noone, no matter who they are, should consider these suggested Passive guides as absolutes, considering exactly, if you look at my last full tree compared to what i will actually run there are noticeably differences

-2% Life Leech
-6% Block
-18% Fire Resistance
-10% Increased Melee Physical damage

for
+12% Life
+60% Increased Physical Damage with Swords
+10% Attack Speed
+40 Life (OAK)
+18% Physical Damage (OAK)
+1 Max Endurance Charge (OAK)

The reasoning for me is, that I will get my Life Leech from elsewhere, The extra block suffers insanely from diminishing returns, i run with Gloves/Belt/Boots that are IIR/IIQ Uniques and give more than enough FR, I only want to run with swords since i will have to use at least 1 thrusting weapon, and since i favour swords greatly after multiple years of fencing (Talhoffer / German HEMA).

But the choices may be different for others, so essentially this fits well with the approach that has been taken; we are all suggesting builds, but we are not telling you how you should play your game :)
-/ Sebuda
"
zegri wrote:
"
"

Maybe it is worth to drop the 3x3% AS wheel and the +10dex in the ranger area and approach Aspect of the Panther from right. U lose only 1% AS and win 1 free passive point.

Still thinking about dropping HoO and picking up 18% light and cold res.

That approach is actually quite solid - guess ill have to burn a handful of regrets (for the gazillionth time)
-/ Sebuda
"
That approach is actually quite solid - guess ill have to burn a handful of regrets (for the gazillionth time)

Been there, done that :)
The trees you guys are posting are they for the cyclone versio nor also the dual strike one?
"
ressiv wrote:
The trees you guys are posting are they for the cyclone versio nor also the dual strike one?

Both, I personally don't use Cyclone.
-/ Sebuda
"
Xcellers wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Both, I personally don't use Cyclone.

Good, thanks ;)
Great build, by far my favorie so far..Thanks alot for the update on the skill tree for SOTV.Just hit level 80 last night and still enjoying destroying everything super fast alot!

Keep up to good work
Just about to start the new league with this build (93% through patch!). Played Blender to 92 last season and loved it.
Hows it holding up this season? From reading the front page it doesn't seem to have changed much apart from the skill tree?

Thanks!
IGN: Brookzyranger
Took another look at both suggested builds and this is the best I got for a Ranger:

I deliberately left out the fire resist in the Marauder area, as it just doesn't make much sense to me buff fire resist only. If I'm gonna complement my other elemental resists with gear, I'll try and get +all elemental as much as possible. The reroute over the two strength nodes I took allows me to pick up Bloodless too. With an additional 8% life it is now a much better node than it once was, and I've got a gut feeling that with all the Vaal around, we're gonna see a lot more life-leeching mobs.

"
Xcellers wrote:
"
dwarfpower wrote:
Why are you theorycrafting 120p builds when most likely you'll help Oak 2-3 times (thus making max points 117-118)?

because of what you mention yourself "most likely" - some will opt for all the passives from the bandit quests, some will opt for none, only one or only two, if you use a full 120 point build then it is usable for everyone;

Agreed, but could you perhaps post a 105-110 build as well? The thing is, from your 120 build it is very difficult to see how it differs from x2P's one on the 105-110 point range.
"
Brazilski wrote:

Agreed, but could you perhaps post a 105-110 build as well? The thing is, from your 120 build it is very difficult to see how it differs from x2P's one on the 105-110 point range.

Actually my latest build related post (which has drowned on p208) had segmented levels
Spoiler

Yeah ive taken the time to get inspired and to look at the passives with fresher eyes, initally i wasnt super pleased with x2P´s shortcut to RT and Bodox´s path to the Mara area, but i have grown accept the pro´s of them, compared to the cons of it, so i readjusted my build and it seems i have reached a convergence with both x2P and Bodox - props out to both for solid pathing and time investment in the spec!

120/100/80/60 Suggested Passive Trees

120 Point Summary

Health
226% increased maximum Life
88 to maximum Life
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
4.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
Mitigation
56% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
41% to Fire Resistance
40% increased Armour
32% to all Elemental Resistances
18% to Lightning Resistance
18% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
18% to Cold Resistance
10% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
2% to maximum Fire Resistance
1% to maximum Lightning Resistance
1% to maximum Cold Resistance
Damage
158% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
89% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
76% increased Physical Damage with Swords
65% increased Melee Physical Damage
57% increased Attack Speed
52% increased Physical Damage with Axes
20% increased Accuracy Rating
16% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
12% increased Physical Damage
9% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Attack Speed with Swords
8% increased Attack Speed with Axes
4% increased Movement Speed
Other
230 to Strength
170 to Dexterity
30 to Intelligence
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
1 Maximum Endurance Charge

100 Point Summary

Health
186% increased maximum Life
88 to maximum Life
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
Mitigation
41% to Fire Resistance
40% increased Armour
18% to Cold Resistance
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
2% to maximum Fire Resistance
Damage
158% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
89% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
57% increased Attack Speed
55% increased Melee Physical Damage
52% increased Physical Damage with Swords
20% increased Accuracy Rating
16% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
9% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
4% increased Movement Speed
Other
230 to Strength
160 to Dexterity
30 to Intelligence
1 Maximum Endurance Charge

80 Point Summary

Health
168% increased maximum Life
62 to maximum Life
Mitigation
18% to Fire Resistance
18% to Cold Resistance
12% increased Armour
1% to maximum Fire Resistance
Damage
104% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
52% increased Physical Damage with Swords
40% increased Attack Speed
35% increased Melee Physical Damage
28% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
12% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
Other
170 to Strength
100 to Dexterity
30 to Intelligence

60 Point Summary

Health
94% increased maximum Life
32 to maximum Life
2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation
22% to all Elemental Resistances
18% to Fire Resistance
18% to Cold Resistance
Damage
104% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
40% increased Attack Speed
35% increased Melee Physical Damage
28% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
12% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
Other
130 to Strength
70 to Dexterity
30 to Intelligence

Thoughts about the spec
Generally we do seem to have received a decent over all buff - all things considered, the new tree gives a variety of options that is worth considering, very much so as these tree´s are suggested, should you be running an all blade configuration, then by all means reinvest general points in the specialized (and often better) clusters, should you be swamped in resistances on your otherwise nigh-perfect gear, then by all means start dropping and reinvesting.

Going through the setup there are a few areas i can comment a bit about.

Defenses
I have largely gone for a heavy layered defense setup, this means lots of redundancy and fall backs once you have your core items (Old/New BOR).

If we take an extended combat phase with a single target with no negative modifiers, and we decide that our target executes 1000 hits on us on a fight that we initiate (to get blind up-time), each hit will hit for 100 Phys + 100 Elemental.

Then we should see something along the lines of this:
1000 hits will first have to go trough our first layer of defense: The Negators
75% will be evaded by the BOR blind
58% will be blocked by our total block value (Base block + BOR + Passives)

a probability calculation of these two events happening will give us a 89.5% success rate

This means that out of 1000 hits, we will only be hit 105 times (RNG BE PRAISED) this equals a total of 10.500 Physical damage and 10.500 Elemental Damage.

Now its time for our second layer of defense to kick in: The Reducers

This is our (capped Merc) resists: 76% and our Physical Damage Reduction (conservative estimate) 45% from armour.

leaving us with 2520 Elemental Damage taken and 5775 Physical damage taken

However we will also be having Endurance charges running providing anything from 0%-20% reduction, lowering our damage taken by 0-1155 Life points.

The damage taken is taken could now go directly to soaking, but rather we have a third layer of defence: The Recuperators

While we are suffering through the total of >8295 life points worth of damage, we will also be regaining health through various means:

Life Leech @ 20% of total hp/s
Life Regen @ 5,5% of total hp/s
Endurance Regen @ 0-1% of total hp/s

at 5000 life it would be something along the lines of:
Life Leech @ 1000 hp/s
Life Regen @ 275 hp/s
Endurance Regen @ 0-50 hp/s

or an average total 1300 hp/s

In the grand context it would be something along the lines of:

7720 Total Damage taken, from an enemy that does say 5 ApS making our fight 200 seconds long, means that we would be suffering 38,6 DP/S while maintaining 1300 HP/S.

Of course the damage values are extremely low, but as these are only for illustrative purposes i hope everybody gets the Jest of it, should this somehow fail (for whatever reasons), then i highly suggest to have Cast on Death + Portal gem setup...

Offence
There is really not much to say about offence, with proper gear DPS is not alpha/omega, hitting 25.000 DPS is quite attainable with a couple of PDPS weapons and a BOR (any), while i had no trouble what so ever running maps with 12K dps (no BOR).

On the offensive side, there is the question of the Life Leech node, the 2% may come in handy, but it must be kept in mind that if we are above the Life Leech cap, then we will suffer from severe diminishing return rates, this point can be invested in a multitude of places, but this is largely up to individual discretion.

As with the previous tree´s, weapon choices are still important
Dual Wield mechanics favor super fast main-hands and slower/hard hitting off-hands for APS Synergy.

At the same time, Melee AOE mechanics favor long weapons over short for extended radius, it is there for suggested to have a Sword, Thrusting One-Handed with a base range of 7 (9) with passives, for optimal AOE Radius.

Utility
The passives hold limited utility skills, largely these will come from our skill gems and support gems

All in all
I am quite pleased with the final result, tho i will most likely move 2 pts from Heart of Oak and invest them in 2 "Sword Damage and Life" nodes near "Cruel Blade", should I go past my leech cap and my resistance caps, I would likely reinvest the LL node and the 5-7 18% Res/Block nodes into the blade barrier cluster and into a single +6 all res node.

In regards to the current top suggestions by x2P and Bodox, then I see neither of the setups as weaker or sub-par, rather slightly different focuses and priorities, a direct comparison between the specs is sadly hard to do, due obvious reasons (111/118/120 point builds) but either should serve quite well, all 3 specs have converged so the overall layout is quite similar so there are now only minor disputed areas and for most it is only a matter of taste and preference, for me at least it has been great to follow the developments and theorycrafting since 1.1 launched - enjoy!

Edit: had misplaced a point in each of the tree´s, this has now been fixed.

However, there is has been a slight adjustment to the previously posted lineup, as a more optimized route to the Ranger cluster was suggested and it turned out that the 120p build posted was my adjusted version (sword favoured) and not "all one-handers"

the adjusted tree at 117p would be:

the adjusted tree for 111p would be:

It should be noted that these tree´s are aimed for players who either have or will have a Legacy / New BOR, extra block has been dropped because of the diminishing returns, if somebody is running a random helm + 6L setup, then they can just poke me with a POEbuilder gear import and i can take a look (as stat values will differ quite a lot compared to the BOR based setup)
-/ Sebuda

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info