Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
petden wrote:
I hate when people name their builds. Wasn't the name "blender" first used for physical Cleave? Now it's Cyclone. Fucking use "physical dual wield Cyclone Soul Taker + Bringer of Rain" or whatever. The "blender" name sucks anyways. It's especially annoying when someone posts this build somewhere (like on Reddit), and they just post "Official Blender Build". What the fuck?! Also how is this official in any way?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Mar 3, 2014, 8:26:38 AM
I love when people name their builds. Blender may have been used before for another build, but nobody really remembers that and I have no idea if it's true or not. I'm really glad this build isn't called "BoR Cyclone" because that would be really boring and unimaginative. The "blender" name is totally rad and I love it so much. Plus, with BoR and Cyclone, it LITERALLY looks like a blender is spewing blood everywhere (xtra gore is rad). It's especially satisfying when someone posts this build somewhere (like on Reddit), and they just post "Official Blender Build" - because then I know exactly what they are talking about. What the fuck?! This is totally official and I support it.

I just want to say one more time - I really love it and I'm filled with warmth.
Last edited by alanlee222 on Mar 3, 2014, 12:51:13 PM
I hope the new tree doesn't affect this build to the point of making it not fun to play or not have enough HP or resists |:

i would really like to try this build on the new patch
Still looking for upgrades :D level 71 and using
Hey all,

Decided to spend a bit of quality time with the patch notes from a blender perspective, particulary since i have no, and by the looks of it will not be able to get my hands on a Legacy BOR, i wanted to see how a 6L / New BOR / Legacy BOR holds up against each other with the Vaal changes.

"
Bringer of Rain: Maximum Life has been reduced from 200-220 to 120-160. The supporting Blind is now level 6 and the supporting Faster Attacks is now level 12. On a legacy Bringer of Rain item, a Divine will reroll the Maximum Life, but not the level of the supports.

New:
Faster Attacks: 12 = 36% attack speed
Blind: 6 = 9% chance to blind / 8% dura
Melee Physical DPS: 18 = 47% phys. dam.

Legacy:
Faster Attacks: 18 = 42% attack speed
Blind: 18 = 12% chance to blind / 26% dura

"
All Support Gems now support values up to level 30.

So assuming that we use a 6L (to substitute for the "7L" BOR), we would have something along the lines of:

*** Interpolated values @ L30 ***

Dual Strike (L20Q20) = 57% Phys. dmg / 80% crit
Multi strike (L30Q20)(87% + 10%) = 97% Melee Phys. Damage / 117% Attack speed
Melee Splash(L30Q20)= 87% Melee Phys. Damage / 21% less 2nd dmg / 10% inc. radius
Faster Attacks (L30Q20)(54%+10%) = 64% attack speed
Melee Physical Damage (L30Q20)= (59%+10%) = 69% Melee Phys. Damage
Blind (L30Q20) = 14% chance to blind

VS. New BOR
Faster Attacks (L12Q00): L12 = 36% attack speed
Blind (L6Q00) = 9% chance to blind / 8% dura.
Melee Physical DPS (L18Q00) = 47% phys. dam.
Melee Splash(L30Q20)= 87% Melee Phys. Damage / 21% less 2nd dmg / 10% inc. radius
Added Fire damage (L30Q20)(49%+15%) = 64% added fire damage

VS. Legacy BOR
Faster Attacks (L18Q00) = 42% attack speed
Blind (L18Q00) = 12% chance to blind / 26% dura.
Melee Physical DPS: (L18Q00) = 47% phys. dam

Comparison:
6L
Attack Speed: 181%
+ DMG: 310%
Blind: 14%

New BOR:
Attack Speed: 153%
+ DMG: 352%
Blind: 9%

Legacy BOR:
Attack Speed: 159%
Blind: 12%

Comments:

Essentially the nerf (from a gem stand-point) is rather minor, 6% lost Attack Speed and 3% Lost Blind, the lost blind is somewhat negated by the fact that we throw 8+ punches per second, which diminishes the nerf from a blender perspective.

By pure gem comparison, the 6L does of course win out, while it is behind in pure added damage (various sources), the increased attack speed outweighs it going by the rule of thumb approach stating that 1% AS = 4% Phys, if we translated each item into a stat value system following this rule we would have the following result:

6L: 1034
Legacy BOR: 988
New BOR: 964

However, it is not as simple as pure gemming, the BOR (pre/post nerf) is a unique item, granting otherwise unattainable stats; Block, Block Effect, Raw Add Phys dmg (worth a lot more than +% added dam. at the same time both BOR versions disables the chest slots, this essentially forces a heavier focus on resists on secondary items and it furthermore ties up multiple passive points (6%+6%+12%+12% resistance), 3 of these could be exchanged for getting 14% DW Block + 16% Physical Dmg.

Essentially, even with the nerf it is a hard call, all three approaches are very viable, each has their merits and flaws, the Legacy Bor itself is still a very powerful unique that opens up a lot of possibilities, but as i imagine it, the legacy tag itself will put it out of reach for the majority (myself included, been saving for months and yeah, too far off still) - so for the established blenders, there is not much to discuss, but for the rest of us, the choice seems to be New BOR or a 6L, both items are very close in terms of damage and each brings their unique form of gearing (ie. avoiding the red shirt effect)

For me, i am quite unsure, if i had a legacy i would run with it, now its all a matter of what i get first, a 6L or a Bor, min/maxers will however have to run some steep calculations on the cost/benefit of each setup, but at least there is some baseline information to be had here, hope its of use to somebody

*** I do realize that the calculations are simplified, but this is not academic research, this is illustrative calculations ***
-/ Sebuda
Xcellers thanks for the time put into those calulations!

I was curious about that!

Luckily I was able to get my hands on a BOR before the nerf!

Looks like the prices are gonna sky rocket now! What cost me 6 ex will probably cost 50-100 now...
"
Galvanized84 wrote:
Xcellers thanks for the time put into those calulations!

I was curious about that!

Luckily I was able to get my hands on a BOR before the nerf!

Looks like the prices are gonna sky rocket now! What cost me 6 ex will probably cost 50-100 now...

By all means, i would have liked to go into further detail, but sadly not, however hopefully it is good enough as reference work.

And yeah very lucky about your BOR, wish i had been able to get one before it hit these levels, moving it completely out of my reach (avid player, but school, work and a girlfriend takes up a lot of the precious game time) - glad i burned all my chances already on the Nightmare Bassinets (sad that they all provided blues only tho) :D
-/ Sebuda
"
Xcellers wrote:

Probably i missunderstand you, but why did you maths with L30 support gems? How do you do to reach lvl30 support gems?

Sorry for my english.

EDIT: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810878
Check my humble shop. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281727
Last edited by dblancot on Mar 4, 2014, 7:25:32 AM
"
dblancot wrote:
"
Xcellers wrote:

Probably i missunderstand you, but why did you maths with L30 support gems? How do you do to reach lvl30 support gems?

Sorry for my english.

EDIT: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810878

Quite simply, i went for the L30 support gems because the patch notes stated that they were now supported, how exactly it is going to be integrated is quite uncertain, however the Vaal items are confirmed to be able to adjust the levels of at least active gems, so there might be a similar system in place for supports, however quite simply there is no confirmed information about the support gems besides the patch note quote i provided, in any respects, then we will have to wait and see what happens, should it turn out to be a theoretic adjustment rather than actual adjustments, then this will heavily shift the bar in favor of both BOR versions
-/ Sebuda
"
Xcellers wrote:
Hey all,

Decided to spend a bit of quality time with the patch notes from a blender perspective, particulary since i have no, and by the looks of it will not be able to get my hands on a Legacy BOR, i wanted to see how a 6L / New BOR / Legacy BOR holds up against each other with the Vaal changes.

"
Bringer of Rain: Maximum Life has been reduced from 200-220 to 120-160. The supporting Blind is now level 6 and the supporting Faster Attacks is now level 12. On a legacy Bringer of Rain item, a Divine will reroll the Maximum Life, but not the level of the supports.

New:
Faster Attacks: 12 = 36% attack speed
Blind: 6 = 9% chance to blind / 8% dura

Legacy:
Faster Attacks: 18 = 42% attack speed
Blind: 18 = 12% chance to blind / 26% dura

"

So assuming that we use a 6L (to substitute for the "7L" BOR), we would have something along the lines of:

*** Interpolated values @ L30 ***

Faster Attacks (L30Q20)(54%+10%) = 64% attack speed
Melee Physical Damage (L30Q20)= (59%+10%) = 69% Melee Phys. Damage
Blind (L30Q20) = 14% chance to blind

VS. New BOR
Faster Attacks (L12Q00): L12 = 36% attack speed
Blind (L6Q00) = 9% chance to blind / 8% dura.
Melee Physical DPS (L18Q00) = 47% phys. dam.

VS. Legacy BOR
Faster Attacks (L18Q00) = 42% attack speed
Blind (L18Q00) = 12% chance to blind / 26% dura.
Melee Physical DPS: (L18Q00) = 47% phys. dam

Comparison:
6L
Attack Speed: 181%
+ DMG: 310%
Blind: 14%

New BOR:
Attack Speed: 153%
Blind: 9%

Legacy BOR:
Attack Speed: 159%
Blind: 12%

Comments:

Essentially the nerf (from a gem stand-point) is rather minor, 6% lost Attack Speed and 3% Lost Blind, the lost blind is somewhat negated by the fact that we throw 8+ punches per second, which diminishes the nerf from a blender perspective.

By pure gem comparison, the 6L does of course win out, while it is behind in pure added damage (various sources), the increased attack speed outweighs it going by the rule of thumb approach stating that 1% AS = 4% Phys, if we translated each item into a stat value system following this rule we would have the following result:

6L: 1034
Legacy BOR: 988
New BOR: 964

However, it is not as simple as pure gemming, the BOR (pre/post nerf) is a unique item, granting otherwise unattainable stats; Block, Block Effect, Raw Add Phys dmg (worth a lot more than +% added dam. at the same time both BOR versions disables the chest slots, this essentially forces a heavier focus on resists on secondary items and it furthermore ties up multiple passive points (6%+6%+12%+12% resistance), 3 of these could be exchanged for getting 14% DW Block + 16% Physical Dmg.

Essentially, even with the nerf it is a hard call, all three approaches are very viable, each has their merits and flaws, the Legacy Bor itself is still a very powerful unique that opens up a lot of possibilities, but as i imagine it, the legacy tag itself will put it out of reach for the majority (myself included, been saving for months and yeah, too far off still) - so for the established blenders, there is not much to discuss, but for the rest of us, the choice seems to be New BOR or a 6L, both items are very close in terms of damage and each brings their unique form of gearing (ie. avoiding the red shirt effect)

For me, i am quite unsure, if i had a legacy i would run with it, now its all a matter of what i get first, a 6L or a Bor, min/maxers will however have to run some steep calculations on the cost/benefit of each setup, but at least there is some baseline information to be had here, hope its of use to somebody

*** I do realize that the calculations are simplified, but this is not academic research, this is illustrative calculations ***

Tks for the info, i'm full equipped with a BoR (now legacy) and a Soul Taker (not legacy) and i was wondering if my main char will be viable after this patch.
My shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1085909

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info