Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
TQuilleur wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:
"
Remember to use the vendor's recipe for chaos..

Can someone explain? I'm not familiar with this yet.

Full set : Chest + Helmet + Boots + Gloves + Belt + 2 Rings + Amulet + 2H weapon or 1h weapon + shield. Get this, all rare, ilevel>60 and trade it with the npc. You can choose to identify everything and get 1 chaos when you trade the full set, or trade the items as unidentified and get 2 chaos for it (but you could trade something good). The must is if you got unindentified 20q all set, you get 3 chaos. If all the items are ilevel>75, you get regal. So as you do piety, you drop lot of rare. Keep some for the recipes. The hardest to drop zre the rings, the amulet and the belt.

"
james2w wrote:
so is it better to put dualstrike in bor or cyclone?

also I swapped out fire damage and put blood magic in dual strike and now I can run hatred aura , I only lose 1k so dual strike is 19k now

my cyclone dps is 4.5k now aswell

If you are high level, with good regen, you can run dual strike+blood magic and hit as long as you want without loosing health. If you switch to cyclone, you will lose some health but as you hit ennemys, with life gain on hit, you will regenerate and stay full life. Try to do cyclone+added fire+life gain on hit+blood magic. You will lose some health if you use cyclone without hitting any ennemy, but normaly, if you do hit ennemy, you will stay at your maximum.

A little thing about cyclone : the toolbox is wrong. I mean the dps that is written about the skill cyclone is wrong. I made the test : with 22K dps dual strike, i've killed Kole in 4.5second. With 10K anounced dps on cyclone, i killed him in 4.5 second. So by a little cross product, i know that I really have 22K dps on my cyclone.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
"
bodohspam wrote:
how blenders do torture chamber maps?

This is a common boss for most builds to skip unless you really know what you are doing. I'd just do the map minus shock and horror unless you are feeling adventurous.
@TQuilleur thx alot, i will reskill

another question is what is a good second CWDT i thought about CWDT LVL 5 // Moltenshell // Immortal Call ?? // Cold Snap ??

my first CDWT is
Can someone plz tell me what is the right price for a decent BoR and decent Soultaker ?

Thx in advance !
Hey,

Some days ago, I started to playing a duelist using this build with close to zero melee gear.
Now I'm lvl 63, but my survivability is horrible. The DPS is also not so high, but I can live with that while doing quest solo.

Here is my current passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLRHVEiAXHRc-GS4b-iFgJd8n7SmlMZ4yCTSTNZI8LUCgR35KyE3jTipQUFPfVElXl1jbXotfP2BBYEtjcGVNajtsRm6qcmxyqXTtd2J4DXrvfNmE2YTviPGMz5krmy2bg565pBmmV6luq8WsWayqtfK2Qbc-ud29gb6KvqfAD8T2xq7P-NBH0k3Uj-dS52PvDu_j8i_2SP4K_o8=

Of course, the problem is with my gear, but please help me find what is the biggest problem.

The weapons can be improved, but it only affects the DPS (and resistances maybe)
Spoiler

The lightres ring is okay I think (damage, res and a little rarity, unfortunately no life). The other is a little life, resi and damage, not so good, but I don't think this is the biggest problem.
The amulet is pretty low (no life, no damage, nothing special), I'm using it because the (mostly light) resist.
Spoiler

The helm gives a little healt and fire res (with negligible cold res)
Spoiler

The boots gives me some life and res.
Spoiler

And here is the bottleneck (I think), the body armour. I don't have any 5-6l, and yet this is my best armour for this level. It gives pretty low evasion, medium life, a little cold res, and that's all. A piece of trash.
Spoiler

Because I don't have at least 5l, I cannot run life leech, this is why I have to use the "leveling" gloves and belt. Also give me mana leech, so I don't have to run blood magic.
Spoiler

I have to run the faster attacks and physical damage on the 4l helm and gloves, because when I switched (cleave + multi + faster attacks + melee phys) with (dual strike + splash + multi + melee phys), de attack speed of course was lower, which means the life was leeched back slowly, and so on...

I have only 2,5k life, 116 life regen, 2976 armour (40%) without, and 6441 (59%) with grace. The resistances are capped at 75%, and the block chance is 39%. I have to evade any chaos damage, because I have -60% chaos res.

Running the crypt is not a big problem (lvl60-61 area), the ledge is also easy (but hey it's just lvl53), but when I'm going on my quests (just killed Gravicious), I almost die everywhere. Sometimes, I don't know how can I survive it. :D Just running backward like a scared cat.

Almost die by physical attack (the shield chargers are the worst ever), by lightning (ebony barracks), by fire (voidbearers) and by bigger packs. Or anything else... :)

I fear that improving the body armour won't fix the problem, and I don't feel myself like AFK tanking Kole. :)

Sorry, it's a littlebit long, but I hope you can help me.
Thanks
"
HighBlow wrote:
since i can't find a better DPS build and i wasted some time to lvl this up i'm gonna stick to it, so please tell me what do you think about my gear (i know its garbage compared to Bors and STaker but i cant afford them yet) and if you guys changed the passive build in any way since its 2 months old.

Helmet and boots are good. If you can, try getting some move speed on your boots, to move normaly while using cyclone (+30 move speed from boots, -30 from cyclone). Gloves are bad. Try stacking some life leech on them. You got plenty of life gain on hit but you need life leech too. Try finding a chast with resistances. And you understood that you need some chaos res, great ;) Oh, and don't put a double curse on CWDT, you can curse only one time. Btw, vulnerability os better than warlord. You can put something like summon skeleton, this is similar to decoy totem.

"
bodohspam wrote:
how blenders do torture chamber maps?

Lvl 86 with cyclone, i've done it. Just kill the normal mobs, then rush on him using quick flask or wrilling, cyclone a bit, and when you see him using is laser, go behind a pylon. Use light flask while cycloning to survive to the wrap. The life gain on hit helps a lot. Remember that the wrap doesn't stop after killing the boss. I'm not sure if it's that easy to do this boss using dual strike, or perhaps if you use life gain on hit instead of added fire.

"
Kriz0r wrote:
@TQuilleur thx alot, i will reskill

another question is what is a good second CWDT i thought about CWDT LVL 5 // Moltenshell // Immortal Call ?? // Cold Snap ??

my first CDWT is

First of all i think enfeeble is better than temporal. If you use dual strike, you don't move around the ennemys like with cyclone, so you will normaly take more dammage. It's better to reduce these dammage. Molten shell on cwdt lvl 5 is good, great bonus of armor with a real shield. In my opinion, summon skeleton is better than cold snap for this build. I'm not sure about immortal call, i always prefer to have my charges, but try it, it could be great.

"
deadst4r wrote:
Can someone plz tell me what is the right price for a decent BoR and decent Soultaker ?

Thx in advance !

You are playing in standart, so BoR will be from 8exa to 12exa. YOu can have one for 7exa i think. Soul taker is much more exepensive, bad rolls will be from 50 to 60 exalt. Soul taker is one of the more expensive gear in the game so...But you can use blood magic gem instead of soul taker, this works too.

"
csisyadam wrote:
Hey,

Some days ago, I started to playing a duelist using this build with close to zero melee gear.......Sorry, it's a littlebit long, but I hope you can help me.
Thanks

You need more life on your gear. Especialy on rings and amulet, where you also have to get some physical dammage. The thing about the life leech is not really right. YOu got 5% life leech, but life leech can't go higher than 20% of your life. So, if with dual strike you got less dps but this dps is enough to be at 20% of your life, use dual strike because cleave as you linked it isn't a good aoe. Then about the quest, it's totaly normal. You are trying to do the quest with bad gear and without lot of level more than the boss. Join a party to kill gravicious if you got any problem.
"
TQuilleur wrote:

"
csisyadam wrote:
Hey,

Some days ago, I started to playing a duelist using this build with close to zero melee gear.......Sorry, it's a littlebit long, but I hope you can help me.
Thanks

You need more life on your gear. Especialy on rings and amulet, where you also have to get some physical dammage. The thing about the life leech is not really right. YOu got 5% life leech, but life leech can't go higher than 20% of your life. So, if with dual strike you got less dps but this dps is enough to be at 20% of your life, use dual strike because cleave as you linked it isn't a good aoe. Then about the quest, it's totaly normal. You are trying to do the quest with bad gear and without lot of level more than the boss. Join a party to kill gravicious if you got any problem.

Thanks for your advice. Gravicious wasn't a big effort, the group of mobs are worse.
Yea, the cleave was nerfed, I deal more damage with dual strike + splash, just slower... :)

About the life leech thing: I'm not picked up unwavering stance, so I'm really often stunned. If I'm attacking slower, I'll get less life leech between two stuns (because I hit fewer). In a center of a group, I can be stunned almost continuously.
Hello guys i have few questions for which i hope i can find an answer here :

Will Cyclone benefit more from an higher attack speed combo of 1h weapons ?
Atm I am at around 4.04 attack speed with Cyclone using a 1.25 attack speed axe and 1.57 attack speed Bloodseker claw.

I am using Cyclone in BoR linked with Conc Effect (lv 15) + LGoH + Blood Magic - (11.5 k Cyclone DPS on tooltip with Hatred ON)

If i change for 2 weapons - lets say dual rapiers with 2.0 and 1.9 attack speed , will the increase attack speed improve my Cyclone efficiency considering the pDPS stays the same ?

Also will LGoH linked with Cyclone benefit also from this increase in attack speed values ?

Also is there a noticeable increase of efficiency of Cyclone when using 2 x rapiers (range - 7) then using 1h axe (range - 5) + claw ( range - 5) ?

All in one is better to have a higher attack speed combo of 1h weapons when using Cyclone or Dual Strike with this build or is better to go for higher DPS weapons but with lower attack speed stats ?

This is my current gear setup , feel free to post any advices regarding improvements

Spoiler

Thank you for your advices !

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 29, 2014, 4:30:32 AM
"
csisyadam wrote:

About the life leech thing: I'm not picked up unwavering stance, so I'm really often stunned. If I'm attacking slower, I'll get less life leech between two stuns (because I hit fewer). In a center of a group, I can be stunned almost continuously.

No need unwavering. The stun avoidance on the tree + the block chance is enough. Normaly, using cyclone, you can't be stunned. I've never been stunned using cyclone...Using dual strike, if you got enough attack speed (around 0.15 in the toolbox) you won't be stunned. You've gone on the left of the tree, so you don't have the attack speed of the right. The nod for stun avoidance is on the right of the tree, rush it ;)

"
lilianmarius wrote:
Hello guys i have few questions for which i hope i can find an answer here :

Will Cyclone benefit more from an higher attack speed combo of 1h weapons ?
Atm I am at around 4.04 attack speed with Cyclone using a 1.25 attack speed axe and 1.57 attack speed Bloodseker claw.

I am using Cyclone in BoR linked with Conc Effect (lv 15) + LGoH + Blood Magic - (11.5 k Cyclone DPS on tooltip with Hatred ON)

If i change for 2 weapons - lets say dual rapiers with 2.0 and 1.9 attack speed , will the increase attack speed improve my Cyclone efficiency considering the pDPS stays the same ?

Also will LGoH linked with Cyclone benefit also from this increase in attack speed values ?

Also is there a noticeable increase of efficiency of Cyclone when using 2 x rapiers (range - 7) then using 1h axe (range - 5) + claw ( range - 5) ?

All in one is better to have a higher attack speed combo of 1h weapons when using Cyclone or Dual Strike with this build or is better to go for higher DPS weapons but with lower attack speed stats ?

This is my current gear setup , feel free to post any advices regarding improvements

Spoiler

Thank you for your advices !

Get a better belt with some chaos res, a better amulet with add phys and life leech, switch your chaos ring for resistance/hp/add phys.Same Gloves with more chaos would be great. With 3 to 4% life leech on your gear, you can put away that bloodseeker for a better pdps weapon (sword to be able to wrilling).

About your other question, i don't really have answers, as the toolbox for cyclone is completely wrong. Just about the range, as you use concentrated, if you use claws, cyclone won't be an aoe anymore xD That's why i prefer using weapon elemental dammage rather than concentrated. And using concentrated, you need more intel to up hit, rather than weapon elemental is a strengh gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info