How you died in HC

"
Flab wrote:
Accidentally linked vitality to unlevelled blood magic AND accidentally pressed my hotkey that activates it. Beat that. I don't recall the level of the character, I think it was low 40s. But I do remember the twilight zone feeling and WTF when I died.

I almost did that. Linked them, then almost used it.. then thought for a bit, looked at the gems a few more times, then did some calculations and decided not to try it.
Bow ranger shift+click shooting at stuff.Try to run away,but AS too slown and ranger keeps firing instead of moving.I don't notice it fast enough.Ded.Not big suprise.
"
Winenose wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
Accidentally linked vitality to unlevelled blood magic AND accidentally pressed my hotkey that activates it. Beat that. I don't recall the level of the character, I think it was low 40s. But I do remember the twilight zone feeling and WTF when I died.

I almost did that. Linked them, then almost used it.. then thought for a bit, looked at the gems a few more times, then did some calculations and decided not to try it.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Is it the fact that vitality takes 40% reserved? So you have next to no hp when used with BM?
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Blood magic unlevelled has 2.5x mana cost, vitality 40%, 2.5*40 = 100 = death.
Running a level 66 map with my level 70 DiscoWitch ran into a group of magic bandit archers who use explosive arrow. Unfortunately one of the map mods was monsters fire 4 additional projectiles. Before I knew what was happening most of my minions had 5 charges circling around them with me trying in vain to run away…. One second later BOOM 10k ES gone. I also had minion instability so most of my summons exploded at that point. Was an explosive end to a long and loving relationship.
RIP Bolto
Shortly before the patch today, I was feeling overconfident on my mara and ran into a room full of spark skeletons and such w/out resists. They were many. I was one. This was not a good relationship.

But now I have a new mara for 0.9.12.. :)
"
Durentis wrote:
Shortly before the patch today, I was feeling overconfident on my mara and ran into a room full of spark skeletons and such w/out resists. They were many. I was one. This was not a good relationship.

But now I have a new mara for 0.9.12.. :)

Those skeles have claimed the lives of many a three hour racer.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Using "Caustic Mana Flask" with CI = certain death
"
Refusal wrote:
Using "Caustic Mana Flask" with CI = certain death

My first HC char, a CI witch, died like that. I never saw a caustic flask before, and somehow I interpreted it as "15% of my life", and I thought "heh, 15% of 1 = 0"; I activated it in town, and...yeah.

I felt really, really, really dumb, later.
I only had 2 HC deaths.
One was when I first entered beta in 2011 and decided to play my first char in HC. I went to half HP and didn't know mobs in the game did so much damage and died due to not using a flask fast enough (wasn't even keeping my fingers near hotkeys). After this I always keep a finger near health flasks :D

My 2nd was due to falling asleep in spider lair with my unkillable (up until then) high HP poison arrow dualist. Woke up just half a second before the last spider hit that killed me. Didn't react fast enough to use a flask but did get to see the death. Learned to quit the game with HC characters when I catch myself starting to doze off.

As for enemy that I had most near death experience, that would be the flaming dog boss in Prisoner's Gate map. Fire resistance is rarely my high resist and his burning and speed would always surprise me even after fighting him for 50+ times :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info