[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

v4.0 for testing is out. This time based on Crossover wine 12.1 and with the MAC driver.
Download only if you want to test it, I did't had time to fully test it yet.
(v4+ versions will use MAC driver).

And yes, 2x PoE icon in dock is normal :D

Also, later today i will revamp the FAQ section a bit
so far (main menu and in town the game seems to be cutoff alitte on the bottom (the version of the game on main menu) and about 1/4 of the skills/flasks bar. http://i.imgur.com/RbFaMzG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/60maUxS.jpg

also the gama seems to be higher then 3.6/7 in 4.0

also anytime i change my res the mouse is always off i play in window fullscreen(1400/900) but wanna maybe turn down the res some but cant cuzz the mouse highlight and where my mouse is are off.

while playign around with changing res i keep getting the error "could not find and compatiable diect3D devices

"in full screen"
when i tab out in any res other then my native res the game changes into window mode and only why to change is to change the res cmd+enter will not change back.
Last edited by Whiteman007 on Feb 3, 2013, 1:17:55 PM
When I play the game in full screen, the top menu bar of my IMAC doesn't disappear. How do I hide it?
Last edited by JJ108X on Feb 3, 2013, 1:37:24 PM
Instead of redownloading the game, can I copy the contents of PoE from my 3.6 install to 3.7/4.0 package contents?
"
Whiteman007 wrote:
so far (main menu and in town the game seems to be cutoff alitte on the bottom (the version of the game on main menu) and about 1/4 of the skills/flasks bar. http://i.imgur.com/RbFaMzG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/60maUxS.jpg

also the gama seems to be higher then 3.6/7 in 4.0

also anytime i change my res the mouse is always off i play in window fullscreen(1400/900) but wanna maybe turn down the res some but cant cuzz the mouse highlight and where my mouse is are off.

while playign around with changing res i keep getting the error "could not find and compatiable diect3D devices

"in full screen"
when i tab out in any res other then my native res the game changes into window mode and only why to change is to change the res cmd+enter will not change back.

The mac driver is more or less experimental feature. There will be bugs.. But as I said, I haven't time to test it yet, because I finished the wrapper just before I had go to work...

"
buch_ wrote:
Instead of redownloading the game, can I copy the contents of PoE from my 3.6 install to 3.7/4.0 package contents?

Yes, just moving/coping content.ggpk is enough.
"
JJ108X wrote:
When I play the game in full screen, the top menu bar of my IMAC doesn't disappear. How do I hide it?

Which wrapper version?
"
julus wrote:
"
buch_ wrote:

Well, i just tried to go from 3.7 to 3.6.

So i followed this :
FAQ
How to move contents from old wrapper

Copy "wrapper/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games" to new wrapper (to same location).

I just downloaded 3.6 and deleted the grinding gear games from 3.7 and replaced it with the one from 3.6.

But now when i tried to start POE, i am downloading the patch all over again.... gonna take awhile, and i tried to avoid this.

Once it downloads the patch will i be running 3.6? all i did was replace the grinding gear games folder and kept everthing else from the 3.7 download. i am wondering if i should even let the patch install, or if i am wasting my time and did something wrong?

Also, i just now tried looking for the content.ggpk file and cant find it for some reason? where is it located?

thanks for any help
Last edited by noobslayer on Feb 3, 2013, 2:06:46 PM
"
noobslayer wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
buch_ wrote:

Well, i just tried to go from 3.7 to 3.6.

So i followed this :
FAQ
How to move contents from old wrapper

Copy "wrapper/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games" to new wrapper (to same location).

I just downloaded 3.6 and deleted the grinding gear games from 3.7 and replaced it with the one from 3.6.

But now when i tried to start POE, i am downloading the patch all over again.... gonna take awhile, and i tried to avoid this.

Once it downloads the patch will i be running 3.6? all i did was replace the grinding gear games folder and kept everthing else from the 3.7 download. i am wondering if i should even let the patch install, or if i am wasting my time and did something wrong?

thanks for any help

I just edited that faq to be more precise... The numbering 3.6 and 3.7 has nothing to do with the game, but with the wrapper itself (configuration and engine behind it), the game itself will be the same. So don't worry.. you will be running port version according to wrapper you are using...

ok thanks. i am unfamiliar with this port and wrapper stuff. I am assuming the wrapper (configuration and engine behind it) is within the whole "Grinding gear games" file which i replaced? Hopefully if i did it correctly, i wlll be running 3.6 after the install?
Last edited by noobslayer on Feb 3, 2013, 2:36:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info