[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
noobslayer wrote:

ok thanks. i am unfamiliar with this port and wrapper stuff. I am assuming the wrapper (configuration and engine behind it) is within the whole "Grinding gear games" file which i replaced? Hopefully if i did it correctly, i wlll be running 3.6 after the install?

Nope. the engine resides in completely diferent location (Content/Resources). If you are overwriting only the grinding gear games directory, you are just copying game data.
"
julus wrote:
"
Whiteman007 wrote:
so far (main menu and in town the game seems to be cutoff alitte on the bottom (the version of the game on main menu) and about 1/4 of the skills/flasks bar. http://i.imgur.com/RbFaMzG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/60maUxS.jpg

also the gama seems to be higher then 3.6/7 in 4.0

also anytime i change my res the mouse is always off i play in window fullscreen(1400/900) but wanna maybe turn down the res some but cant cuzz the mouse highlight and where my mouse is are off.

while playign around with changing res i keep getting the error "could not find and compatiable diect3D devices

"in full screen"
when i tab out in any res other then my native res the game changes into window mode and only why to change is to change the res cmd+enter will not change back.

The mac driver is more or less experimental feature. There will be bugs.. But as I said, I haven't time to test it yet, because I finished the wrapper just before I had go to work...

ok thank you.

some more feedback the game runs more smooth now then on 3.6/7 but still there quite a bit of stuttering seems to be more then on 3.6/7 but they are shorter then on 3.6/7.

Julus, why are you using the CX builds and not 1.5.x?
Are there some issues with the dev builds that are not in CX builds?

I was under impression that CX builds are usually just Stable with some modifications.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=13810

int $0x80 - RIP
"

Julus, why are you using the CX builds and not 1.5.x?
Are there some issues with the dev builds that are not in CX builds?

I was under impression that CX builds are usually just Stable with some modifications.

CX 12.X is based on 1.5.15. Also the CX build in 4.0 has a modification so it will not crash after 30 minutes.

Also in this case, CX is the only wine which hasfunctional mac driver, which is the reason behind 4.0
hey guys, im having problem with the mouse cursor being so laggy. In any screens besides the main game window the mouse disappears until you close the inventory or whatever screen it is. How do I fix this?
"
julus wrote:

CX 12.X is based on 1.5.15. Also the CX build in 4.0 has a modification so it will not crash after 30 minutes.

Also in this case, CX is the only wine which hasfunctional mac driver, which is the reason behind 4.0

Ah, interesting, any tips on how to just copy just the modified CX-12 into an existing Wineskin bundle?

Also, could you post an MD5 or SHA sum of your files for those of us who are paranoid and don't trust mediafire? :)

int $0x80 - RIP
"
ElaMinT wrote:
hey guys, im having problem with the mouse cursor being so laggy. In any screens besides the main game window the mouse disappears until you close the inventory or whatever screen it is. How do I fix this?

The 3.7 is not fully supported. In other words, I didn't figured out that yet.. :) Please use 3.1 or 3.6. Test releases contains bugs which has not been fully addressed.
"
"
julus wrote:

Ah, interesting, any tips on how to just copy just the modified CX-12 into an existing Wineskin bundle?

Also, could you post an MD5 or SHA sum of your files for those of us who are paranoid and don't trust mediafire? :)

Well, if you want it for another games, I can send you pure engine. (also you can install cx12.0 trough wineskin winery, its on the bottom of the engine list..)

I didn't had any problem with mediafire, but ok, I will post MD5 tomorrow.

"
julus wrote:

Well, if you want it for another games, I can send you pure engine. (also you can install cx12.0 trough wineskin winery, its on the bottom of the engine list..)

I'm just paranoid that's all.

About the custom CX-12, what files do I need to copy to move it to another bundle or to add it to Wineskin Winery?
EDIT: what I mean is do you know where the Wine build itself is in the bundle?

Also, do you have a comment somewhere in this thread that explains what exactly is your port, like what winetricks, what patches, and so on?

For example, why does it include the Winetricks for `riched'?

Thanks for putting up with my pestering ;)

int $0x80 - RIP
Last edited by abstractConcept on Feb 3, 2013, 6:47:41 PM
"
"
julus wrote:

I'm just paranoid that's all.

About the custom CX-12, what files do I need to copy to move it to another bundle or to add it to Wineskin Winery?
EDIT: what I mean is do you know where the Wine build itself is in the bundle?

Also, do you have a comment somewhere in this thread that explains what exactly is your port, like what winetricks, what patches, and so on?

For example, why does it include the Winetricks for `riched'?

Thanks for putting up with my pestering ;)

The custom is custom. that means I have applied few patches (amd performance patch and usp10 patch to fix memory leak) to it and compiled it by myself.

Half of the comments are saved in my brain, and half of them are already forgotten.

riched is for the launcher - without it it does look ugly and patch notes cannot be read.

winecfg override
openal - native (so the sound works)

patches (more like reverts :)
reverted commit f5abeb8471df40819679982b03177acd7d82b763 - dsound, causing sound glitches in 1.5.21+
reverted commit aa55603b731fee304ce949cdcaa6572907c99604 - directx, causing AMD to fallback to Software renderer on 1.5.1+
applied patch for usp10 to prevent memory leak on 1.5.9+
in 3.7 - testing patches
applied hack for faster mmaping on OSX when the map method is MAP_PRIVATE (not confirmed if it works)
applied discomfitor's hack for mmap caching system, so it would reuse mmaps (also not confirmed any performance improvment) - Source WINE forum over there on PoE :)
Last edited by julus on Feb 3, 2013, 8:00:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info