[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Hafuu wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing with no crashes at all since closed beta, but now I randomly crash, a lot.
I'm getting this error:
"
Unable to deserialise packet with pid 3

I'm using the 3.1 wrapper. These crashes occur at random times, had crashes in Act 2 and Act 3.

Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/3R0F340a3i2l
Second screenshot, after I click Ok on the first one: http://cl.ly/image/2K3L0T463104

Here is a zip containing the 3 log files: http://cl.ly/1Y213G300n2S

I'm running on a MacBook Pro late 2009. 2,53GHz, 8Gb RAM, 9600M.

Also, since these crashes it looks like some sort of memory leak since after 1h of playing my RAM is completely used up, don't know if its related.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hafuu

Some of the bugs (deserialize) occurs on windows as well, and same with the crashes... But according the log I see one wierd thing, looks like GLSL is not used on your version... Try to use steps form FAQ in 1st post "Game will fail to load with D3ERR_INVALIDCALL". At least it should delay the crashes, but I recommend to backup/duplicate the port you are using before changes (just because you have at least semi-working port, and those steps may render port unusable.
Last edited by julus on Jan 27, 2013, 12:43:33 PM
this is great. I installed it and everything. One problem though. I cant seem to select a gateway in the login screen. Whenever i try to click the dropdown arrow, the fill-in box goes blank. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem, just type in your location (Europe, America etc) and it should be fine.
Hi, I'm new to using a mac and I wonder if you need to download anything else then this file to play the game?
"
Elanga wrote:
Hi, I'm new to using a mac and I wonder if you need to download anything else then this file to play the game?

Welcome to the forum.

This is a stand-alone wrapper, you don't need anything else. Read the first post of this thread carefully and download a wrapper. Try 3.6. first.
I'm having trouble right clicking, outside of PoE control + click works fine but inside I haven't found a working combination. Am I being stupid?
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but do we download new versions of this port as they come out, or is this a one time thing? I'm sure it has been discussed in this forum, but I honestly didn't feel like flipping through 59 pages!

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by saculddot23 on Jan 27, 2013, 1:55:16 PM
"
ArmoredChimp wrote:
I'm having trouble right clicking, outside of PoE control + click works fine but inside I haven't found a working combination. Am I being stupid?

Using normal mouse is more than recommended. In wine one button mouses does not work correctly.
"
julus wrote:
"
ArmoredChimp wrote:

Using normal mouse is more than recommended. In wine one button mouses does not work correctly.

Exactly.

I get the impressions that several people are trying to play this with Apple mice or laptop trackpads. While I admire your dedication, do yourselves a favour and get a proper mouse :)
Hey guys,

Is Act 3 really laggy for you too ?
Everytime I engage a rare mob with any kind of fx its starts laggin really bad, sometimes it will freeze the game for a couple of seconds.

Im already playing on low settings on my iMac (2.7, 8gb memory, radeon 6770) and for example, the final boss fight was literally impossible to me, once I went into the portal I couldnt do anything, screen frozen.

Would be better to play window instead of fullscreen maybe ? Changing from 3.1 to 3.6 maybe ?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info