[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Not sure if this is the place to post but have scoured the internet looking for a fix, at this point I don't have anything to lose.

I've played POE since open beta on my iMac mid-2010 and MBPro mid-2010. I boot into Bootcamp to do so and basically run the partition purely to play POE. Along the way I've toyed with Play on Mac and Wine but my machine being a little old couldn't really handle it nearly as well as Bootcamp.

I've had very few problems until the Breach league where something changed. I think that I edited the config file but I can't for the life of me remember why (from vague memory it was textures). This league my MBPro (nvidia) has worked fine but the iMac (AMD) has had issues. It seems to run fine for a few minutes and then all of a sudden the screen goes black. The game is running in the background as I can still hear the audio and interact, but I can't see anything. And it is difficult to drop out of it. Alt-F4, Alt-Tab or Alt-Enter don't work. I can sleep the computer and occasionally it will drop back to the lock screen but for the most part I have to reboot.

I've turned almost everything off or down to low settings in patches prior to run it. I did run it successfully in Breach. I've seen the POE had issues with the vid drivers so I've reinstalled the default drivers that came with Bootcamp but the issue remains.

It's possible that it's overheating the vid card but I'm not sure why this is a problem now and hasn't been for the previous league. If anyone with more tech knowledge could point out what might be good to try I'm all ears.

My vague recollection is that the vid card doesn't support the shaders upgrade they did, but from memory that changed prior to the Breach league.

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom. Have spent many hours trying to make it work already...
err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
winedevice.exe(9981,0x401ff000) malloc: *** error for object 0x79be8dff: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
winedevice.exe(9986,0x401ff000) malloc: *** error for object 0x401bb508: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

and my computer is a mac

No X11 Log info when using XQuartz!

Engine Used: WS9Wine2.3
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B17
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x119d
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3782
Metal: Supported
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes
Built-In: Yes

anybody know what that error is about? it crashes my poe client very often? is it a simple fix? and i tend to get high latency spikes in certain battles think someone can give me some advice? id really really appreciate it a lot... making the game unenjoyable
For those having the error: d3derr_outofvideomemory error:
go to the path of exile package in Applications,
right click and open "show package content",
double click wineskin,
click Advanced,
go to Tools,
Winetricks,
go into settings,
and set the amount of video ram to how much you have.

The amount of video ram can be found in the apple menu, about this mac
Last edited by tynen on Mar 16, 2017, 12:54:05 PM
is there anything else i prolly can do in my win tricks to help the crashing and the latency? its weird cuz all my other games it runs fine and on very ultra high quaility but on this game i seem to crash and my latency shoots up when i fight huge mobs? there must be some tweaking i can do in wintricks setting that i don't know about cuz I'm not to knowledgeable about wine so a reply back would be appreciated please help me=]
Hello,
I have a MacBook Pro that meets the RAM requirements and all requirements however when I try to run the program it says I have run out of Video Memory and I have no clue how to fix this. Help please!
Thanks
"
Hello,
I have a MacBook Pro that meets the RAM requirements and all requirements however when I try to run the program it says I have run out of Video Memory and I have no clue how to fix this. Help please!
Thanks

I'm having the same issue. The exact message I'm getting is:

"": In source code file:
..\Device\D3D9\DeviceD3D9.cpp at line 547,
Processing file:
Error: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY
Description: Out of video memory

Here is my hardware overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x191b
Revision ID: 0x0006
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 4.0.29 [3.2.8]
Metal: Supported

Currently running macOS 10.12.3

Edit:

I tried what was mentioned earlier

"
For those having the error: d3derr_outofvideomemory error:
go to the path of exile package in Applications,
right click and open "show package content",
double click wineskin,
click Advanced,
go to Tools,
Winetricks,
go into settings,
and set the amount of video ram to how much you have.

The amount of video ram can be found in the apple menu, about this mac

and I'm still getting the same error. Do I have to do anything after I run the wine trick?
Last edited by HomeSmash on Mar 26, 2017, 7:40:40 PM
Just got a new mac and finished downloading poe. When i try to open it i get the message D3DERR_OUTOFMEMORY and then the game just closes. I've tried a lot of the things mentioned on the forums but nothing has helped, if anyone knows how to fix this i would really appreciate them helping me out.
Eversince its finished allocating resources, its opened to a black screen, then encountered a fatal error.
Logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gow0vwmxdftgmvt/AADL0cTHPHmFfDf_a_IArbnma?dl=0
OS Sierra 10.12.3 GPU Intel Iris Pro 1536MB RAM 8GB Wrapper 2.6.2

Eversince its finished allocating resources, its opened to a black screen, then encountered a fatal error. It says D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY, but when i monitored my GPU, PoE only increased it from 27% to 30%. This continues to happen after using winetricks to set the amount of vram.
Logs:
Last edited by nightfury2985 on Apr 2, 2017, 12:24:52 AM
"
nightfury2985 wrote:
OS Sierra 10.12.3 GPU Intel Iris Pro 1536MB RAM 8GB Wrapper 2.6.2

Eversince its finished allocating resources, its opened to a black screen, then encountered a fatal error. It says D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY, but when i monitored my GPU, PoE only increased it from 27% to 30%. This continues to happen after using winetricks to set the amount of vram.
Logs:

This has done the trick for me:
go to Winetricks as descibed in a post above and search for:

1) "vd", set it to a resolution of your choice
2) "videomemory", choose an option that your card has (or let wineskin choose it for you as an option)
3) "win7", set the operating system to win7

Play around with 1) and 2) if it still doesnt work. I got it to run this way and had the same error you had.

ALSO, very important, refresh your wrapper! there is an option in the advanced menu to do so, and it will download some files!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info