[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
xbon wrote:
honestly, if you're using your computer for games why don't you have a regular windows PC?

Because this game was made in 2011 and has worked fine until these recent garbage xbox updates.

I was getting 150fps in 2.3 (80 with fire ground), ever since then its been getting worse. Dip to 3 fps now doing the same thing.

i7, ssd, 16 gig etc.
"
h3yn3s wrote:
I found out that the issues after the patch yesterday are caused by a wrong .dll-file. To get it to work you can try:

1. start winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "alldlls=builtin" -> run

2. start Path of Exile and wait for the patch to finish.

3. after the patch the game wont start you need to go to
winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "win7" and "alldlls=default' -> run

4. after this you can start the game again and all "should" run fine

Maybe this helps. Please provide feedback.

GL. HF.

Thanks for this, it is running slower than before, but still working.
muchos gracias!
IGN dualist_duelist
"
h3yn3s wrote:
I found out that the issues after the patch yesterday are caused by a wrong .dll-file. To get it to work you can try:

1. start winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "alldlls=builtin" -> run

2. start Path of Exile and wait for the patch to finish.

3. after the patch the game wont start you need to go to
winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "win7" and "alldlls=default' -> run

4. after this you can start the game again and all "should" run fine

Maybe this helps. Please provide feedback.

GL. HF.

Did this -- and it worked!! Thank you!
Macbook pro mid 2012 version 10.12.3
path of exile version 7 6 and 5 I have tried to open but have failed to do so, message comes up as "file may be damaged or incomplete"
Any ideas on how to fix? Or what to do?
"
JamesIsPruddi wrote:
path of exile version 7 6 and 5 I have tried to open but have failed to do so, message comes up as "file may be damaged or incomplete"

Reading from your explanation I can only suggest to [optional: uninstall wine] download poe again and try again. Do you have a more detailed error logging or desciption?
"
h3yn3s wrote:
"
JamesIsPruddi wrote:

Reading from your explanation I can only suggest to [optional: uninstall wine] download poe again and try again. Do you have a more detailed error logging or desciption?

I had this issue as well, out of the blue after downloading the very last patch (2.6.0.c or so). The solution is simple, right-click on your Path of Exile app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile.

Remove the Content.ggpk file and run Path of Exile. It will download the game files again (~8GB), so depending on your connection speed you may have time to go prepare yourself a coffee.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
"
Licoffe wrote:
"
h3yn3s wrote:
"
JamesIsPruddi wrote:

I had this issue as well, out of the blue after downloading the very last patch (2.6.0.c or so). The solution is simple, right-click on your Path of Exile app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile.

Remove the Content.ggpk file and run Path of Exile. It will download the game files again (~8GB), so depending on your connection speed you may have time to go prepare yourself a coffee.

Yes this. I had the issue as well. And deleting the .ggpk file and re-downloading it helped out.
Thanks for pointing that out!
"
h3yn3s wrote:

Yes this. I had the issue as well. And deleting the .ggpk file and re-downloading it helped out.
Thanks for pointing that out!

No problem, glad I could help.

Not related, but I wish we could somehow share our configurations (computer, winetricks, engine used, FPS, launch options, time between each crashes) to have a better overview of what works best. For example, a few patches ago (2.5.2c), I had the most stable installation I ever had. The game would simply not crash at all. Of course, GGG had to update the game to fix a bug with the UI and since then stability has decreased.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 8, 2017, 1:46:38 PM
"
Licoffe wrote:

No problem, glad I could help.

Not related, but I wish we could somehow share our configurations (computer, winetricks, engine used, FPS, launch options, time between each crashes) to have a better overview of what works best. For example, a few patches ago (2.5.2c), I had the most stable installation I ever had. The game would simply not crash at all. Of course, GGG had to update the game to fix a bug with the UI and since then stability has decreased.

This is true. Currently I can restart the client every 30 minutes, because the lags pile up and the overall performance goes super low.
But at least some gameplay is possible.
Im always playing around the with settings of wine, RAM, launch options but after v2.6 I haven't found any stable setting yet. I'll keep you updated, if i find something.
Okay, PLEASE, can somebody who solved the issue with fps drop tell me what worked for you ?

MacBook Pro early 2015, every time I attack or there are bosses on map exiles (basically any effects, you know what I am talking about) fps goes to 0 from 80-100. I can't get Past level 71 because I die constantly from everything because of freezes. The best I could do is about 30-50 min of normal gameplay, after trying various settings and tweakings.

The game is nice, but my god it has so many issues, probably going to stop playing because it provides only frustration right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info