[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Slayer128 wrote:
"
Bjarmfark wrote:
"
Slayer128 wrote:
Hi i've been playing for a while and the game has been running good, despite lag spikes and such. However when i try to raise the graphical settings to high it doesn't allow me. Its locked to medium and i can't change the graphical settings at all. Does anyone have a solution?

Ok, heres what you should do: Hold cmd then space which will bring up spotlight. Type production_Config.ini into the search field. You will get a list with results but you should choose the file with that exact name and open it. In there you will find various constants that you can change to modify the way the client behaves.

You should then change the value of texture_quality to a LOWER value where 0 is the highest graphics setting.

I just did what you suggested. It still does not allow me to change the settings to high texture. Is it possible that it has something to do with the wrapper itself? just wondering.

It won't let you change the graphics value in settings within the game. All this will do is forcing the graphics setting to high (it won't show in settings). When I did this I did see a great result so it definitely works (i.e this is not something that I pulled out of my ass).

Last edited by Bjarmfark on Feb 12, 2014, 7:17:35 AM
"
julus wrote:
"
tiagovash wrote:
Im gettin same problem as this ppl here. I did a test run on the wine and got a log

err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:243
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:257
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:262
Assertion failed: (!err), function New_PlugIn, file /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/APO_PlugIn.mm, line 1816.
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x000b:0x906b2a6a (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Process of pid=0008 has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
0000001f 0
0000001e 0
00000019 0
00000018 0
00000016 0
00000014 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001d 0
0000001a 0
00000017 0
00000013 0
0000001b plugplay.exe
00000021 0
00000020 0
0000001c 0
00000022 explorer.exe
00000024 0
00000023 0

My System:

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5750
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

caused by razer synapse driver

I just found the better solution on any wine release and Razer Synapse 2.0, you just need to remove HAL audio plugin wich is hooks audio settings control pagel functions.
Remove /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/RazerAudio.plugin and reboot. Synapse still work as well with all media buttons assigned, but no more issues with wine.
Hello,

I’ve been playing Path of Exile for a couple of weeks now and I’ve really enjoyed the game. However recently I’ve been experiencing a horrible amount of lag. I’m not sure what the terms to use would be as I’m new to computer gaming in general but I will describe the events to the best of my ability. I play on home Wi-Fi connection with a friend of mine. We were both able to play with the highest resolution with no problems until about a week ago when suddenly my computer would completely freeze in the middle of battles. If there are more than four characters (including my friend and I) on the screen, it seems to lag. If we end up in a large battle the screen is frozen completely and my friend says my avatar simply stands frozen. I am usually killed when this happens but more and more frequently it seems to kick me off the game completely and send me back to the login screen. This has made our last few attempts to play the game incredibly frustrating.

I found that putting my screen to the lowest resolution has helped make the game a little more playable but it still has moments when it doesn’t respond at all. We’re all the very end of Act 3 now so you can see why this is kind of frustrating… I’ll post the requested specs for my computer below.

Macbook Pro 2008

OS X version: 10.6.8
GPU card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Ram size: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I’m sorry but I’m not sure how to find the wrapper version that I’m running.

Let me know what other information you need and I will gladly post it.

Thank you in advance for you time, I’ve really loved this so far!
Hi i am using Macpro 2006 2 x 2.66 5gbram ATI Radeon HD 5770graphics OSX 10.6.8

now, i am unsure of the best settings to run this port on, i think i am usuing the 4.03 wrapper, when i see lightning or some of the bosses and just every few seconds sometimes i get FPS drops from 45-65 down to 4-7 and then back up, like, the game is NEARLY playable for me and im wondering if there is anything i can do to make these lag drops any better?

no shadows, no anti, med texts 2x texture filtering

i have tried all options i can change and none seem to make it any better really,

if anyone has any tips on making this client run a little better please help a bro out!

Thanks
"
hardmuncle wrote:
Hi i am using Macpro 2006 2 x 2.66 5gbram ATI Radeon HD 5770graphics OSX 10.6.8

now, i am unsure of the best settings to run this port on, i think i am usuing the 4.03 wrapper, when i see lightning or some of the bosses and just every few seconds sometimes i get FPS drops from 45-65 down to 4-7 and then back up, like, the game is NEARLY playable for me and im wondering if there is anything i can do to make these lag drops any better?

no shadows, no anti, med texts 2x texture filtering

i have tried all options i can change and none seem to make it any better really,

if anyone has any tips on making this client run a little better please help a bro out!

Thanks

That's combination of rare ingame bug (occuring on almost all OSX and on slow windows computers) and OSX memory mapping bug. Unfortunately, I did not found any workaround for this issue.
Heo, I'm using MacOS 10.7.5 and I'm experiencing extremely slow loading times. I know the initial load time for the game startup is supposed to be long (mine is 5+ minutes), but the loading screen for individual maps is also like 3+ minutes. It is faster if I am revisiting an area that just loaded, like after a town run.

I've tried searching about this issue but I couldn't find anything specific. Is it normal to see loading screens for this long on the Mac? When I watch YouTube videos on windows they load in like 4-5 seconds, should the Mac be an order of magnitude slower?

Is it related to OSX 10.7.5? I never had a reason to upgrade to 10.9, but maybe wasting less time on loading screens would do it for me. I currently can NEVER compete in races (except for the 2-4 points for reaching low levels) because of this.

Thanks!

Edit: I've got a late 2011 MacBook Pro with 8GB of ram and a Pentium Core i7, so I'm pretty sure it's not the hardware.
Last edited by jfcaron on Feb 18, 2014, 5:31:59 PM
My graphics just started flickering after one of the recent patches this month. I am using v4.0.3. How can I fix this issue? Will v4.1.2 solve the issue? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks to the folks who put in the effort to bring this to the mac. I've been running 4.1.1b and it runs great. Keep up the great work.

Found a font fix on a wine forum..

Text is much more readable after adding the following into the Wine registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
"Fontin SmallCaps"="Fontin"

I tried it myself and it works. I can read the fonts on the gems/scroll and stuff.

-D

Helpful links:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078
Um, i cant play it. it has downloaded perfectly BUT when i open it, it doesnt work. i get the error ''failed resetting direct3D device objects.''

help? :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info