[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

CCloud,

Which version are you using?

I have found that 4.1.1b works pretty good.

-D
Success report here!

I'm using a:

Macbook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2012)
CPU: Mobile i7 @ 2.7Ghz
RAM: 16GB @ 1600Mhz
Mac OS X 10.8.2

---------- Using the 4.1.1b Wrapper, works fine!-------------

I had to set fullscreen=true in the config.ini.

Inside towns and cities, framerate drops to 30-35.

Outside, it stays around 50-60, but can drop back to 30 if hordes are coming my way.

Skill effects severely hinder performance, as well as NPC / player count (on-screen).

In-game config is:

- 1680 x 1050 resolution (Could try a bit higher, but reaching the Retina's full resolution of 2880x1800 makes it really unplayable)
- Trilinear filtering
- Shadows off
- Post Processing on
- V-sync on (didn't make a difference when turned off)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I tried out wrapper 4.1.2 with the SAME settings, and received less performance. But, turning off V-sync does increase performance. On this, I am also able to turn Anisotropic Filtering all the way up to x16, without issues in performance.

Running the game at 1280 x 800 seems to give a drastic performance increase as well. 1440 x 900 poses no benefit over 1680 x 1050.

By the way, on both wrappers, text is VERY readable, with the occasional glitch in some words. :)
Here we go again.
Last edited by Panzerhawx on Feb 22, 2014, 2:30:46 AM
Good to hear that things are working out better. Try turning off post processing and see what your performance looks like then.

-D
I tried the wrapper but every 10min or so the game just hangs up and that was it for me.
I have a macbook pro 13' mid 2012 playing fullscreen on 1024*720 (I think or something similar to that)
thank you,
truly superior,

and i'm on a mac, leaving d3 as of last night, RoS is horrible but i stuck it out since release of d3 when other friends quit after 2 months, may be 3, some d3 friends told me about PoE, got other friends going on it but i wanted to finish barb and wd build, the patch release last night destroyed my builds that were maxed, something is seriously wrong over at blizz, oh well
Could use some help. I am new to using a wine and such to play a game from windows. I get all the way to Choose setup executable but where do i download it too? Thanks
reboot the OS X (the /tmp will get cleaned along with the lock file)
Or if you are advanced user
delete the lock file from /tmp (the lock file will be named like "xWSxUsersxUsernamexblablaxtadatatada.app" (but make sure there are not any hanged wine processes)

I'm sorry could you explain how to do this in simpler terms please.
Hey, all!
I'm currently experiencing a problem where the launcher activates the (client? larger screen?), but doesn't progress from that point.
The pop-up/'Exception' states the following:
"'Audio/SoundEffects/WeaponImpacts/puncturing/hard_hit_10.ogg': decoded no data."
It seems to me that somehow the sound files are failing or something, but I don't really know what that means, exactly -- it was working well up until a matter of hours ago.
Any suggestions? I could just redownload the client and see if that works.

Computer Specs:
Macbook Pro 15" (Mid 2012)
CPU: Intel i7 @ 2.6Ghz
RAM: 8GB @ 1600Mhz
Mac OS X 10.9.1

Thanks!
Probably the best post ever here :) Thank you so much for this!

Everything works fine for me and I just asked myself if the game patches itself (when for example sacrifice of the vaal comes out)
or do you need to wrap this first :)?

Chris
Hey guys, I need help in fixing the "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects"
I've already set the game on full screen yet it still shows this error
Can anyone give me a way to solve this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info