[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Please help me. I'm so eager to play this awesome game ! what should I download? please reply me the link.

I am using Macbook Pro Retina Late 2012
2.5 ghz intel core i5
8GB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB
OS X 10.9.1

PLEASE HELP ME! THANKS A LOT!

I DOWNLOADED SOME Link. But it doesn't work. I also tried also using wine. But still nothing. So please. give me a link that works :) I appreciate your effort.
Last edited by angelocervantes on Dec 29, 2013, 1:48:48 AM
If 4.1.1b crashes for you try 4.0.3
Having some of the same issues others have posted. Game was initially freezing at the beach so I downloaded 4.0.3, per your advice. While it definitely helped, I now find the game freezing after about 3-5 minutes of gameplay. Definitely want to get off of this depressing beach, any further advice would be greatly appreciated.
Having a great time playing on my 2011 13" MBP with Intel HD3000.

Only problems I run into are the lagspikes and long loading screens which are not a big deal for me.

Thank you so much, julus!
Last edited by mampy9 on Jan 2, 2014, 4:16:15 AM
still work?
I'm a little upset.

Late 2008 Mac Pro
OS X 10.9.1
3.2 GHz Octocore
Zotac GTX 760 2 GB
16 GM RAM
SSD

I average 28 FPS standing still, but if I move or try to actually go out of town to play the game, it drops to 20 FPS with frequent (every other second or more) drops to 1 or 2 FPS.

I just bought the GTX 760 to replace the original 8800 GT, which had the same problem. I figured upgrading the card would improve the situation.

It hasn't improved it at all.

What else can I do? If there isn't anything I can do, I'll probably just try to return the card since this game is the reason I bought it. :(
Last edited by atgm613 on Jan 3, 2014, 3:51:26 AM
I have some very important questions I hope someone here can answer for me. Since I'm most probably going to buy a macbook pro 15', quad core with iris pro graphics I have the following questions: (excuse me if my questions are abit lame but I really need to be certain)

1. What is this port? Is it a program in mac osx or some shit in windows I would need to install?
2. Can I play the original PoE on my existing account?

3. Will the computer handle PoE (and in what settings)in the mentioned configuration? i.e. no additional GPU over the integrated iris?
"
Bjarmfark wrote:

1. What is this port? Is it a program in mac osx or some shit in windows I would need to install?

It's the Windows game in a WINE wrapper. You just download it in OS X and run it.

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

Yes.

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

3. Will the computer handle PoE (and in what settings)in the mentioned configuration? i.e. no additional GPU over the integrated iris?

Probably not unless you have low standards of "playable" or are willing to boot to Windows. See my specs in the post above yours -- the game is basically unplayable for me. I've looked at the last 20 or so pages and everyone, regardless of specs, seems to be complaining about frame rate drops and long-term freezing.
"
atgm613 wrote:
"
Bjarmfark wrote:

It's the Windows game in a WINE wrapper. You just download it in OS X and run it.

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

Yes.

Thanks for the response!

"

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

Probably not unless you have low standards of "playable" or are willing to boot to Windows. See my specs in the post above yours -- the game is basically unplayable for me. I've looked at the last 20 or so pages and everyone, regardless of specs, seems to be complaining about frame rate drops and long-term freezing.

The specs on the PC I'm running PoE on atm has abysmal speccs and does run the game on high settings almost perfectly. So I dont think it has to do with physical components of the computer but something is very wrong with the code.

When you run the game, does it max out your cpu usage?

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

The specs on the PC I'm running PoE on atm has abysmal speccs and does run the game on high settings almost perfectly. So I dont think it has to do with physical components of the computer but something is very wrong with the code.

Nope, neither do I. It's definitely PoE not being that well-optimized plus being run through WINE.

I mean, I used to play on a 2010 Asus laptop with an i5 and no dedicated graphics. It ran much better than this does.

"
Bjarmfark wrote:

When you run the game, does it max out your cpu usage?

No clue. The wrapper doesn't like it much when I switch back to desktop.
Last edited by atgm613 on Jan 3, 2014, 8:49:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info