[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

HI julus, I sent you a mail about what you asked me to run as test, I couldn't post it here because it took too much caracters ( + than 50.000 lol )

I'll just post the "Patchoumz" run's advice ( and nope, it didn't work for me .. ), which is using mac driver instead of X11.

Spoiler
Path Of Exile903787143Wine(2802,0x412b8000) malloc: *** error for object 0x415daa04: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x000b:0x91d35a6a (thread 0025), starting debugger...

When I use mac driver instead of X11, the game doesn't even bother about giving me an "error windows", it just freezes and can't be played again !
Hope you can help me.

"
Demnarit wrote:
HI julus, I sent you a mail about what you asked me to run as test, I couldn't post it here because it took too much caracters ( + than 50.000 lol )

I'll just post the "Patchoumz" run's advice ( and nope, it didn't work for me .. ), which is using mac driver instead of X11.

Spoiler
Path Of Exile903787143Wine(2802,0x412b8000) malloc: *** error for object 0x415daa04: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x000b:0x91d35a6a (thread 0025), starting debugger...

When I use mac driver instead of X11, the game doesn't even bother about giving me an "error windows", it just freezes and can't be played again !
Hope you can help me.

seems like corruption of some kind, if you haven't tried already, redownload all (the wrapper, and the game content). If it still does not help, and you don't have problem with stability in other applications, try to look, if you have any program installed, which may be interfering with the game. If you have stability problems in another applications as well, it points to your RAM.
Since my game crashed after the last patch, I thought of installing the game all over again, so I download Path Of Exile v4.1.1.dmg. But for some reason unknown to me, the application won't launch itself this time.

I tried it with Path Of Exile v4.0.3 too, and still no awnser, even though I cleared all PoE files from my mac.

Has anybody got some idea of how to help me install the game plz ?
"
Monarque wrote:
Since my game crashed after the last patch, I thought of installing the game all over again, so I download Path Of Exile v4.1.1.dmg. But for some reason unknown to me, the application won't launch itself this time.

I tried it with Path Of Exile v4.0.3 too, and still no awnser, even though I cleared all PoE files from my mac.

What OSX version? Also you may try to disable Mac driver:

1) Go to the wrapper.
2) Right click and open package contents.
3) Open Wineskin.
4) Click Advanced.
5) Click Set Screen Options.
6) Uncheck "Use Mac Driver instead of X11".

"
julus wrote:
"
Monarque wrote:

What OSX version? Also you may try to disable Mac driver:

1) Go to the wrapper.
2) Right click and open package contents.
3) Open Wineskin.
4) Click Advanced.
5) Click Set Screen Options.
6) Uncheck "Use Mac Driver instead of X11".

Exactly the same problem as me. The Mac Driver method hasn't worked either.

OSX version is 10.8.5
IGN: Katastrofal
Last edited by iLeno on Oct 2, 2013, 7:05:25 AM
The Mac Driver method didn't work for me, I still get the "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" upon loading the game.

OSX 10.8.4
Wrapper v.4.0.3

I tried v.4.1.1 aswell without success.

Is there something else I can try?
Last edited by MrFlashcat on Oct 2, 2013, 10:43:45 AM
"
julus wrote:
"
Demnarit wrote:

Spoiler

Hope you can help me.

seems like corruption of some kind, if you haven't tried already, redownload all (the wrapper, and the game content). If it still does not help, and you don't have problem with stability in other applications, try to look, if you have any program installed, which may be interfering with the game. If you have stability problems in another applications as well, it points to your RAM.

Just re-downloaded the whole thing and the game still crashes. My other games work perfectly fine ( Borderlands 2 for instance ) and Path of Exile was running perfectly fine on the last version (4.1.1) of the port, no crash and almost no lag ! I don't see any recent applications who may be interfering with the game. I feel hopeless haha.
I get the same directX error with a white screen. The white screen never goes away and I have to force quit. Oh well, I liked this game too.
Now lets find what you have in common.

Please post your:
OSX version:
GPU card:
"
julus wrote:
Now lets find what you have in common.

Please post your:
OSX version:
GPU card:

OSX version: 10.8.5
GPU card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB