[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Incompetent wrote:
"
ayottepl wrote:
Hum, since this weekend i'm no more able to open the game.

It try loading, but after few seconds i got a popup message saying "Error opening file".

Someone else have this bug? I'll try to reinstall it.

I get this too. I swapped in a backup of content.ggpk, which it was able to update and run with no problems. But I have had it happen several times now. It seems content.ggpk is getting corrupted somehow, but I don't know how to stop it.

the corruption happens on windows as well... GGG promised to fix it year ago.. but well, new content seems to be more important to them then optimizing... I will make maintenance release soon (update to stable wine 1.6), hopefully it will reduce the corruption rate...
"
julus wrote:
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
Deleted whole game and everything about it from mac, redownloaded everything, still stuck with the "Path of Exile#####......Wine quit unexpectedly" blah blah blah

No idea what to do now

And how do I post logs? The FAQ shows me how to find it but.........

By any chance, do you have Razer Synapse installed?

O_o why yes I do

Just got a Razer Naga Hex for my B-day and installed it

Is this by any chance the cause of the problem?
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
Deleted whole game and everything about it from mac, redownloaded everything, still stuck with the "Path of Exile#####......Wine quit unexpectedly" blah blah blah

No idea what to do now

And how do I post logs? The FAQ shows me how to find it but.........

By any chance, do you have Razer Synapse installed?

O_o why yes I do

Just got a Razer Naga Hex for my B-day and installed it

Is this by any chance the cause of the problem?

Yes, seems like Synapse contains modified audio drivers which interferes with wine as global. You might have problems with other games running via wine too. possible workarounds are: Disable audio for path of exile in winecfg (uncorfimed), use bootcamp/vmware/parallels, or uninstall razer synapse (or, if possible, just disable the audio driver in it).
If I have time, I'll look into this.. The razer seems to use just some wierd DYLD preload, which can be avoided.

BTW: Happy Birthday :)
Interesting, ill look into the methods you mentioned, I dont want to go through the trouble of uninstalling this great mouse though XD (I use it to play my FPS and MOBA games). Let me know what you can find :P, Im in no rush atm to play this game

Thanks!
"
julus wrote:

Yes, seems like Synapse contains modified audio drivers which interferes with wine as global. You might have problems with other games running via wine too. possible workarounds are: Disable audio for path of exile in winecfg (uncorfimed), use bootcamp/vmware/parallels, or uninstall razer synapse (or, if possible, just disable the audio driver in it).
If I have time, I'll look into this.. The razer seems to use just some wierd DYLD preload, which can be avoided.

Update: I have not found any audio options for synapse, im not too willing to tamper with the game files as I hardly understand anything about programming, and uninstalling is not in my interests
]has anyone ever gotten a "sound buffer" error when starting the game.

I've been noticing a lot of lag lately. more so then usual. which has been accompanied by the game kicking me out to start menu more then ive ever experienced to date. at least every 2-3 hours.

and today for the first time i was kicked and then the menu frooze and the game crashed. when i tryed to restart the game the client would just auto quit its self. so i restarted my mac. and when i tried the game a second tim i received an error related to sound buffering?

(ill try to include a screen shot)

Last edited by FrankPWise on Jul 29, 2013, 1:06:21 AM
I just downloaded the mac port, and now my pointer is about 1.5 inches above where it actually should be. While trying to work around this, I encountered a second problem. Now my screen is very tiny in the top left corner of the screen, and it seems that I can't adjust the screen size. The only thing I can do is Window<Zoom which enlarges the screen beyond playable. I apologize if this issue has already been posted, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.
thanks.
"
dankyolo wrote:
I just downloaded the mac port, and now my pointer is about 1.5 inches above where it actually should be. While trying to work around this, I encountered a second problem. Now my screen is very tiny in the top left corner of the screen, and it seems that I can't adjust the screen size. The only thing I can do is Window<Zoom which enlarges the screen beyond playable. I apologize if this issue has already been posted, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

which version are you using? 4.X version should be fine by resizing by window corner (if the mouse is off after resize, just resize once more.
Im attempting to run the 4.0x client on my 10.7 machine. Why is it only able to use the HAL 3d instead of my AMD card?

Edit: My machine died today... Sad story :/ looks like no PoE for at least 6-8 months till I can save up some money for a new rig.
IGN: Shnoop
Last edited by Shnoop on Aug 2, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info