[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I'm lagging crasy... I'm not a geek, and i can't figure it out by my self why, I'm asking a pro out there, how to resolve it?

Might be my computer: Brand new MAcBook Pro Retina : 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7 , 16 Go 1600 Mhz DDr3 , Logiciel OS X 10.8.4 (12E55) , Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 Mo.

Can anyone tell me ?

Best Setting in the Game?
Do you have the most recent Apple updates? I ask because there was an update in July that really improved the lag issue for me, and my computer isn't nearly as nifty as yours.

I don't have the game in front of me now but I can update this post later with my settings. Or someone else can jump in. I do know that I have most of my settings off or on low.

Good luck.

"
GodOfTheWorld wrote:
I'm lagging crasy... I'm not a geek, and i can't figure it out by my self why, I'm asking a pro out there, how to resolve it?

Might be my computer: Brand new MAcBook Pro Retina : 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7 , 16 Go 1600 Mhz DDr3 , Logiciel OS X 10.8.4 (12E55) , Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 Mo.

Can anyone tell me ?

Best Setting in the Game?
Yes, Every update are done. The game is playable, but... in a party or as soon as people got aura.. jeeez.... ill check fps and come back with something.
Actuly it move up and down with a average of 23 to 34 fps. it constantly spike.
I have the "unable to create a buffer" 40963 issue. Can't get the game to launch at all. It was working fine for a few days -- I don't know what changed. I scoured the forums yesterday trying to find solutions, but I've been unable to fix it. I've tried:

- deleting all the .dll files in the drive_c folder including the openal file.
- deleting and redownloading the content.ggpk file
- added "--nosound" to the extension (I don't think I'm doing this right, but I've only seen Windows instructions, not Mac).

Is there a fix?
after the new patch C when I open the game its a tiny box and command M doesnt fix anything like it used to.

new wrapper please!
"
after the new patch C when I open the game its a tiny box and command M doesnt fix anything like it used to.

new wrapper please!

Try to resize it by dragging by corner of window (works ok with 4.1 wrapper), this hasn't been completely fixed in new wine yet.

"
I have the "unable to create a buffer" 40963 issue. Can't get the game to launch at all. It was working fine for a few days -- I don't know what changed. I scoured the forums yesterday trying to find solutions, but I've been unable to fix it. I've tried:

- added "--nosound" to the extension (I don't think I'm doing this right, but I've only seen Windows instructions, not Mac).

Is there a fix?

Deleting anything from wrapper is generally bad idea as it often uses own implementation of windows dlls. The best thing is always backup a working wrapper, and if the main gets corrupted somehow (I really think thats because of POE patching system, as any other games have no problem with patching at all).

Basically, just redownload game.
"
Deleting anything from wrapper is generally bad idea as it often uses own implementation of windows dlls. The best thing is always backup a working wrapper, and if the main gets corrupted somehow (I really think thats because of POE patching system, as any other games have no problem with patching at all).

Redownloaded everything and it worked again. Made backups this time. Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work!
"
julus wrote:
"

new wrapper please!

Try to resize it by dragging by corner of window (works ok with 4.1 wrapper), this hasn't been completely fixed in new wine yet.

"

Is there a fix?

i tried resizing it by draggin but it looks glitchy and wrong
on the newest patch (0.11.5b) and wrapper 4.1, I'm getting graphical...oddness. Whenever there is a lighting effect (especially elemental damage, or a curse) the light 'sprays' from the impact point incorrectly. it's like the engine can't find the right polygons to apply the effect to, or something similar...it's hard to describe.

This happens regardless of any of the settings in graphics (shadow type, antialiasing, texture filtering, post processing)

It's very clearly something that changed in b, as well, since I was playing plain 0.11.5 last night without issue... most puzzling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info