0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes (Updated)

thank you my dueler had very low life
Hi Chris,

Just popped in to have a look at your latest stuff and I'm mighty impressed! The game is coming along nicely. Great read there.
FFA loot sucks.
Thanks Chris! I can't wait to read about the minion changes!
Aww yeah, finally minions are getting some love. :3

Thanks for the preview patch, Chris.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Chris dont add more health mods on dexerty class like duelest but instead increase the amount of health from the ones already there lets say instead of 8 percent health u make it 12 that way i dont have to sacrifice my damage which already seems alot lower than all of the other classes
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Will the passive skill points awarded from the bridging quest be given out to characters in higher difficulties automatically, or will we need to go back and do the quest in each difficulty to get it?

I suppose you will have to do it. They cant even reset your bandit choice as of current
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
deathdifire wrote:
Chris dont add more health mods on dexerty class like duelest but instead increase the amount of health from the ones already there lets say instead of 8 percent health u make it 12 that way i dont have to sacrifice my damage which already seems alot lower than all of the other classes

THIS! I love the speed of the duelist and I don't think I'm going to bother with any other classes. But I feel like I have no choice but to go for a high EHP. I'm lvl 75 and can tank most things but even with 4 attack/sec I'm only doing 2.3k DPS. Having even that much means I sacrifice item quantity on my main attack and end up struggling to find maps, so I put the quantity gem in to be stuck with 1.3k DPS.

We have enough dmg passives to choose from but I'm stuck getting all the life ones instead. Now that life regen is going down a bit I'm gonna try and get even more life.

Like deathdifire says, if life nodes were worth more I could focus a little more on DPS. I got so sad in the chat today hearing from all the people over 10k dps and a couple close to/over 20k. That Mike Tyson video where he one shots rare mobs was down right depressing. I think I just passed him on the ladder and he's way more powerful.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
You guys just floored me with every single major patch. Now I truly wish the joke that POE never come out of beta actually come true :(
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
Chris wrote:

• Arrows are now real projectiles rather than faked long-range melee attacks. This means that they can now miss if the target runs out of the way before they arrive. This also applies to wands.

Perfect.

"
  • Projectiles now have a minimum and maximum spread when multiple ones are fired at once. This prevents them firing in overly tight clusters or too spread out so that they go behind you.

This lowers the execution skill ceiling. Why not increase damage penalties of lmp/gmp gems- to, say, 50%/60% penalties respectively- instead? Multishot arrows and wand blasts shouldnt even be an issue here since their multiple projectiles cant hit the same target.

"
  • The Labyrinthine prefix now has a consistent effect on different types of Map areas.

Excellent. Hope to see this affix affect outdoor areas eventually!

"
  • Phase Run is now available from the Medicine Chest quest for every class.

Equal access in events, at the cost of facing Hailrake. Fine decision indeed.

"
  • Slower weapon base types now do more damage. The slowest weapons have the highest overall damage per second but are most interruptable.

Good change. Itd be nice to see differing implicits on all the top end weapons too.

"
  • The Map mod that affects monster pack size has been reduced to +20-50%.
  • The Map mod that affects the size of the level has been reduced to +20-50% and works more accurately now.

I wont miss the gigantic 5x size maps if you dont force me to wear quantity gear on the standard sized ones. ^_~

"
  • Reworked the Templar opening area.

Please rework all the opening areas so were not forced to take non-stat nodes that our build may never have a use for. Starting each path with stats would be a perfect fix for this, and would require absolutely minimal changes to the tree.

"
  • The Golem's Blood notable passive has been reduced to 1.5% life regeneration.
  • 0.5% life regeneration passives have been reduced to 0.4%.
  • Reduced several block passives.

What were the reasons for these changes? Life/regen is finally feeling roughly equal to es/ci, and getting max block is a huge point investement already.

"
  • Fixed a bug where shattered Shield Crabs would drop no items.

Damn i dreaded these things in that 2 week event. Cold casters + crab spawns = half the item and map drops... like a mod that gave -100 iiq. Anyway, better late than never!

"
  • Whirling Blades now checks evasion properly, rather than always hitting.

Considering whirl already misses far more than it should due to being so harshly affected by desync, this change is likely to make it next to unusable as an attack skill.

"
  • Prevented the passives that add both Armour and Evasion from having a double effect if you have the Iron Reflexes keystone.

Does this mean the armor and evasion boni are now additive instead of multiplicative? Or that under ir, one of them has no effect?

"
  • Making maps more common but adjusting whether item quantity on your character affects the drop rate of maps.

While im not sure maps need to be more common, i am sure their drop rate shouldnt be tied to gear affixes or gem loadouts. Linking map drop rates entirely to map quantity then increasing the quantity boni for the various baneful affixes (basically everything except size/maze/rares/blues/hordes) should work well enough on its own. Also, consider that the current system discourages grouping (players with low/no iiq being detrimental to map drop rate).
IGN: KoTao
Wow, like a dozen things in this update were things I was thinking about suggesting.

Exited about the potential of this patch!

My only regret is buying over 30 Orb of Regret this week... D:
In-Game-Name: Lezli

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info