Arctic Anvil Ranger 0.11.6 Compatible! (AuxTheUnvincible) [Onslaught]

Gear:

Gem Choices / Auras:
The most important gem to note is that Blind support linked with Tempest Shield. The high block chance attainable with this spec allows almost 100% uptime of blind on nearly all mobs. By not taking Unwavering Stance this allows you a psuedo 77% chance dodge. Paired with a maxed Arctic armor and nearly 20k armor this character is amazingly immune to some of the most dangerous monsters in the game.

Leap Slam is highly recommended for mobility as The Anvil strips you of most of your run speed. This requires a scepter to use so keep that in mind when gathering gear. Keep in mind The Anvil is a very good necklace for mid-early late game. It becomes less valuable as your other defenses and gem levels increase.

I used to run the 3 flat mana reserved auras from hp like nearly everyone did, but have fixed my gear / spec to reflect the changes from 0.11.4. I am currency running all auras out of my mana: Grace, Discipline, Hatred, Tempest Shield, Purity, Determination, Clarity, and of course Arctic Armor. My mana is sitting at 3453 atm, and I'm still going for more. At the moment this is more than enough to spam EK with the left over mana. I have 229.2 mana regen per second.

Gameplay / Videos:

The most fun thing to do with this character is bathe in Tentacle Miscreants and Voidbearers. The more projectiles, the more fun.
http://youtu.be/TqNe9AOa5wg

The build does an amazing job at what it sets out to do--staying alive. It can nearly shut out all fire / physical damage thanks to very high armor, block chance and the ability to run a level 20 Arctic Armor with 100% up time.
http://youtu.be/vg38zltjI6w

Face tanking double Blacksmith like a champ. Some people think that this build is only capable or tanking very small hits. Don't listen to uneducated ones.
http://youtu.be/ElV0d-8x0R0

*New Video* Level 89 Solo Jungle Valley (boss included).
http://youtu.be/VrpON_bbdKg

Leveling:

I leveled this character exclusively as EK the whole way. I started at level 4 using EK, and up until around level 60ish it was linked only with Faster Projectiles.

I leveled this character as a brand new character on a new league so I went into this with very little gear--a couple loaned out lowbie uniques was all I had to start.

Some items I would highly recommend (if leveling as EK the whole way) would be a Crest of Perandus. This shield will last you until you get to mid 60's and can wear a nice EV/ES shield to start supporting Eldritch Battery. As for weapons, just get the best wand or scepter you can find at the moment. This was my weapon progression: a low level rare wand I no longer have but it had 5% spell damage and 5% cast speed and I used it until around level 25 when I found something barely better.

As for your other gear, just shoot for the normal stats: hp, resists, increased evasion, mana, ES--if you are going to EB early. It is important for you to wear strictly evasion pieces if you can help it, although while leveling it doesn't make too much of a difference.

When it comes to passive tree progression, I recommend going to IR before EB unless you have some decent rings / belt lined up with some ES on them to start taking advantage of EB. The last place I suggest going is into the Duelist tree for the hp and block nodes.

You want to become Oak's number one fanboy so make sure you help him on all difficulties.

Aura progression should look something like this: Hatred, Clarity, Discipline, Grace, Purity, Determination, just add them as mana permits while still being able to run Tempest Shield.

I began using Arctic Armor at normal Docks, just toggling it when anything slightly dangerous was on the screen and I wasn't moving.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Sep 24, 2013, 1:13:09 PM
Hoping to see it soon! Love watching it on your stream!
I Sell, You Buy! - Shop Thread - 782402
Awesome build, really unique!

I was wondering, though; how is it you have so much armor? I'm not seeing where the 16k is coming from. I'm sure I'm missing something.

edit: Ah, silly me, that's with flasks being chugged. Didn't think about that at all.
Last edited by freykin on Jul 31, 2013, 2:57:49 AM
"
freykin wrote:
Awesome build, really unique!

I was wondering, though; how is it you have so much armor? I'm not seeing where the 16k is coming from. I'm sure I'm missing something.

edit: Ah, silly me, that's with flasks being chugged. Didn't think about that at all.

I have 16.3k armor with no flasks. With flasks it goes up to 36k. Add on top of that 5 endurance charges!

I stack evasion pieces (and as you can see they can be a lot better) as well as the new life/evasion nodes in the ranger tree and convert it all to armor with Iron Reflexes. The 30% defense shield nodes help some too, and will be tremendous when I get a nice Supreme Spiked Shield with like 700ev/500es.
Last edited by Aux on Jul 31, 2013, 3:08:04 AM
the only bad thing about the build is that dmg sucks ass......
"
MadBro_ wrote:

Keep in mind this isn't exactly the case. My gems are terrible in the video (lvl 17 with no quality and no Iron Will). Today I bought 20/19 Faster Casting, EK, and Faster Projectiles and doubled my damage. Keep in mind also that the main source of damage for EK is the level of the gem.
What do you think about maxing reflect damage? Is it possible to kill enemies just by staying and watching how they hit you?
"
Aux wrote:
"
MadBro_ wrote:

Keep in mind this isn't exactly the case. My gems are terrible in the video (lvl 17 with no quality and no Iron Will). Today I bought 20/19 Faster Casting, EK, and Faster Projectiles and doubled my damage. Keep in mind also that the main source of damage for EK is the level of the gem.

oh now that makes sense , i thought u had that kind of dmg in the video with the 20 % lvl 19 ek and faster proj equipped :P.Well ye it isnt that bad then , crazy survavibility too. U know i am doing something similiar too but i am going full eva with block , the only problem is that i cant keep a high level AA since i have acrobatics .
Last edited by MadBro_ on Jul 31, 2013, 7:59:45 AM
This build looks really cool. If you get a chance, I would love to see a more complete guide (auras, leveling process, etc)
You're not wearing an amulet, belt or rings?

Is your large amount of mana regen the reason you're able to sustain EK spamming without running out of mana?

Lastly, what is the name of the artist who created the painting in your forum avatar?
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Jul 31, 2013, 11:11:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info