[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Heya, the Onslaught-Post @first page is outdated; do you have a hint for Nemesis league?
"
Atum84 wrote:
Heya, the Onslaught-Post @first page is outdated; do you have a hint for Nemesis league?

Its the exact same build. You might have to drop some IIR/IIQ gear for more defensive stats, but thats just about it.

Also in a 6L you ll have to replace quantity gem with some thing else. Life leech is pretty popular.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
I have done this build since 1.0.0 on nemesis and I stopped at about level 60 because I think it is too difficult to progress and I don't know how I should progress. I don't like carried around by parties just to cull things. Can you you give me any advice or point out any mistakes I 've made..
Build so far:

Gear:
Spoiler

Issues:
Spoiler

I have only played in parties since 1.0.0 and haven't really tried solo..
1) I have 2300 health and 900es with discipline..but I think my lack of armour makes me really vulnerable...For example in fellshrine 3-4 arrows bring down all my es and some of my health :O...
2) My zombies do decent damage but they die relatively fast so I have to raise skeletons to save me until I portal out...My survivability really sucks and I don't know how to fix it
3) I don't really like spectres because I have to find them..and once I do they ll die in the first fight :P

Questions:
- Is my really low armour the biggest flaw I have right now? or I 'm missing something else? maybe I should have more es or hp anyway.
- What is the alternative of going CI in order to be able to deal with chaos? chaos res/life regen/huge life pool???

Any other recommendations?

hi, may I ask what your recommendation on early leveling?
15 above i mean.
What gem combination best for summoner for early stage?
I know it is not supposed to be strong from start so I want to know what gem to look for.

thanks a lot
can you tell me what is linked to your zombie that present the letter X Q R? and I I C on spectra?

thanks
"
kopisusu wrote:
hi, may I ask what your recommendation on early leveling?
15 above i mean.
What gem combination best for summoner for early stage?
I know it is not supposed to be strong from start so I want to know what gem to look for.

thanks a lot

Same gems. On boss fights you can swap melee splash with life leech.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Kouraji wrote:
can you tell me what is linked to your zombie that present the letter X Q R? and I I C on spectra?

thanks

Look at my gear on first post.
IGN Riokar | My guides
First, thx for a great guide it helped a lot! I got a few questions about my Scion summoner (I just can't stand witch model/animations :P) based on this build.

My go to build atm:

So I droped some defence for more mana reserved reduction with intention of running 4 auras (discipline, purity, clarity + w/e my party needs atm). With lvl20 reduced mana that is ~45,4% reduction, which leaves me with ~27,2% of mana left for mid lvl clarity and casting. Do you think this can work, how much mana do I need to support this and is it worth it to drop resists/es for this are my main concerns.

Also any tips for build optimization are more then welcome :)
Last edited by Mechrite_POE on Nov 1, 2013, 4:33:09 AM
Hi, I've been following this guide for quite a long time and I'm having a lot of fun.

Recently, I got a Divination Distillate but then I was wondering how to use it effectively. What I do for now is spam curses and then click it. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Please help. :)
Visit my Standard Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/891800
Last edited by GodEye_Galatea on Nov 1, 2013, 5:11:03 AM
Hey, as of now I'm currently lvl 62 on Nemesis, witch summoner. It took me a while to "collect and shape" the snowball which is the summoner spec, but right now it's a snowball that's rolling and wont stop! I've solo'd everything on Merciless so far, and I'm certainly not a burden for parties. Curses, auras, walking meatshields that deal quite heavy AoE and single target damage is amazing utility.

"
Thor0nd0r wrote:
I have done this build since 1.0.0 on nemesis and I stopped at about level 60 because I think it is too difficult to progress and I don't know how I should progress.

I've rolled multiple summoners since closed beta and I've done this same "mistake" as you; Minion Damage nodes are a complete waste. The majority of your damage comes from Raise Spectre, but with the right auras and links, they'll be beasty tanks. Below I've put in a link of a spec with similar amount of points, however much better survival.

The reasoning for Minion Damage nodes being useless is that, you want to max survivability, i.e sustainability. It doesn't matter if your minions will deal slightly more damage if they die to a couple of boss hits. The second reason is that Minion Damage doesn't increase Burning Miscreation's damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GBB0CPR5AzGIDlxFfm0ZwfOio3_GJ6labSQ8p1xJUYIeTC0XUAD9FLCsmPfXzLwQl0QETbmbodDQz2VVxo9GpwjZCyqY-oCdrhpsGYUkqjbp42oc3JMnv5fJPfIetAxGcYMJb57KShmGkvOsR5LN6ywqTT8nSshuqrXyNZKsWYjxFSAs6d0NW69OKiml-tIXL2TnVdaApA==

The point of the spec is grabbing a reasonable amount of Minion nodes whilst maxing yours, as well as theirs survival. The next part is grabbing some mana reservation nodes to increase the amount of auras (at high end you'll sustain 4+ auras, and yes even after they made most 60%)

Your gear seems to be fine-ish, however I'd focus on getting a 4-5 link chest asap (this will be your Raise Spectre item), and getting a +1-2 level Minion gem in head piece (Zombie item). My Spectre of choce is the Burning Miscreations (the guys with burning hands) in Lunaris Temple. They exist in every level, including right around the Lunaris lvl 2 waypoint.

To maixmise your Spectres (face it, the majority of your damage will come from these, if you refuse to use them, you'll be doing ALOT less damage) I suggest following, in this order;

1. Raise Spectre
2. Minion Life
3. Minion/Totem Resistance
4. Increased Area of Effect
5. Increased Burning Damage
6. ??? I'm really not sure yet what I'd throw in here.

For Zombies I'd suggest this;

1. Raise Zombie
2. Melee Splash
3. Multistrike
4. Faster Attacks

Multistrike combined with Melee Splash is a significant increase in your AoE damage, and since Multistrike is based off attack speed, Faster Attacks boosts this further more by ALOT more than you'd think. A +1-2 level minion head piece is extremely important, since every level of Raise Zombie is around 500-600+ health at this point.

For Summon Skeletons I'd suggest following;

1. Summon Skeletons
2. Blind
3. Multistrike
4. Added Chaos Damage

Not only do they do a ton of single target damage, they will also keep the target blinded. Extremely good against single target rares, bosses and the likes.

Iron Reflexes will help you survive more since it'll increase your armor a fair bit, especially when you use a rolled jade flask etc.

Auras I'd suggest;

1. Purity
2. Vitality
3. Grace
4. Discipline/Determination

This will increase the survival of your minions, and yourself, quite a bit.
Last edited by Girltoy69 on Nov 1, 2013, 7:17:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info