[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Really nice build, used it in the 1 week nemesis race, managed to get nearly level 73 without even playing much. I did some 66-67-68 maps with group with no problems (specially with the new update), my minions were always alive, didn't even need to re-summon them. :)
Hey Rathik thanks again for the build.
I just wanted to ask what you think of the changes in 1.06.
Specifically Flesh offering. As far as I can tell, summoners got a massive buff to the zombie's defense and sustain (minion resistances and Life leech).
Where'd you think Flesh offering would best fit into your build?
Hey thanks for the build.
Is it updated to the current patch? If not, can I still use it as a viable build?

Thanks,
To answer the above questions, the guide is not updated but it's still completely viable even if you stick to the current version of the guide.

But a few features of the new patch you should take advantage of:

- Take the 2 extra minion passive skills that give minion max life and life leech. They're located near the passive skill, Gravepact.

- To incorporate the new skills Desecrate and Flesh Offering, most people here suggest only using 1 curse as 2 is overkill. As such, don't take Hex Master and Whispers of Doom at the very top zone of the passive tree. Put these 5 points into the above 2 minion passives, and 3 other skills of your choice (e.g. ES if you're going MF/CI, Life if you're going Life/DPS)

- During fights, cast your curse (either Enfeeble or Temporal Chains - your choice), then cast Desecrate, then cast Flesh Offering. Together with Discipline and Hatred auras turned on, level 70 maps will clear instantly even if you do not have extremely good gear (I'm using 4L zombies and 4L Spectres if you don't count IIQ/IIR gems).

IGN: cassurai
I was worried as well Sharky but I found it even more viable with Flesh/Bone Offering. Desecrate helps a lot for bosses like Brutus. Basically I'm in Merc Nemesis running with two Evanglists, eight undead bodyguards with multi + splash + rarity. Until I can find a five link I'm culling with Arc + Faster casting + rarity + cull.
Thanks cassurai,

got it figured out now. Still quite new.

I wanted to go MF/CI but apparently Life build is the way to go in 1.0.6?

On a side note... what does "ES" stand for? Energy Shield?
Last edited by sharky84 on Feb 2, 2014, 3:39:02 AM
hello
I want to thank Rathik for an interesting guides. I repeated this build with minor adjustments for my playstyle. In my group does not require much dps, but i need to finish all rare mobs with high IIQ/IIR, in this my main task is focused on MF-cull

Prior to patch 1.0.6 minions were very weak and very quickly died. Constantly had to call the new zombies. After patch 1.0.6 minions has more survive and now i can kill Dominus without any swap or snapshot.

Here is what I got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1mEE2YFm8c&feature=youtu.be

Gear:
Spoiler

Skill tree:

Defence screenshot:
Spoiler

thanks GGG for 1.0.6
summoner now become just this way I had imagined

P.S. sorry about my English. he was transferred by Google Translate
Last edited by Makcu on Feb 3, 2014, 5:31:01 AM
"
Makcu wrote:
hello
I want to thank Rathik for an interesting guides. I repeated this build with minor adjustments for my playstyle. In my group does not require much dps, but i need to finish all rare mobs with high IIQ/IIR, in this my main task is focused on MF-cull

Prior to patch 1.0.6 minions were very weak and very quickly died. Constantly had to call the new zombies. After patch 1.0.6 minions has more survive and now i can kill Dominus without any swap or snapshot.

Here is what I got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1mEE2YFm8c&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler

thanks GGG for 1.0.6
summoner now become just this way I had imagined

P.S. sorry about my English. he was transferred by Google Translate

Nice video, can you post your passive skill tree?
Sharky,

Yep ES is Energy Shield. By taking Chaos Innoculation (CI), you are relying on Energy Shield being your life.

MF/CI works totally fine with me. It's just a matter of preference. The guide listed the differences between the two and the same still applies in this patch. MF/CI clears rooms slower (because it's a MF build, not a DPS build, duh) but it's not like you'll die a lot or anything. You should still be able to handle all map mods except blood magic, and with cheap gear like Sidhebreath amulet, Bones of Ullr boots, etc. You won't even need a 5 linked armor. Just Raise Zombie + Minion Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash is fine. Multistrike is an expensive skill gem but it's also a quest reward in Merciless Library quest. For boots and rings etc just get as much resist as you can. Build complete.

Listed below are my gear. Besides the shield and the armor, everything else is about 1 fusing to 1 chaos each. But like I said for the armor you can make do with a cheap 4L and forgo the Increased Item Rarity gem if you can't afford a 5L. The shield is around 3 chaos but I only just bought it to boost all resists to max 75%. I was doing fine with 40-50% Merciless resists with another shield before I bought this.

And I have 2 Life flasks despite being on CI because they're for my minions not me. When I take Energy Shield damage, I spam a quicksilver flask to run behind my minion line. Even the flasks I crafted myself using Orbs of Transmutation on white flasks.

Spoiler

Thanks Rathik for the guide.
IGN: cassurai
Last edited by cassurai on Feb 2, 2014, 5:05:40 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
well you cannot run 2x60% nor 3x 40% aura on life because of bloodmagic gem 200% mana multiplier
You don't use blood magic gem if you run multiple auras on life, you (ab)use one of the uniques with blood magic (have to recast aura each time you zone).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info