[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Soooooo... I got some upgrades for my Summoner :D

20/20 Zombie Gem (wow, much life, such dmg)
5L Vaal with good enough stats (Still need RRGBX colors :( ).
and
More IIR/IIQ (126/53 @ Culling Arc)

But I lost 4 Cold resist. Hope to get a wand with mana/fc/cold res.
Shield will be pretty tough to upgrade for low cost I think...

Now I can run 3 Auras out of Mana (Have to cast Zombies before 3rd Aura)
For Bosses I drop Discipline (5.2k ES drops to 3.5k ES)to be able to recast Zombies.
These might be silly questions, but I need some advice with this build:

1. How much armour should I aim for and how do I get this without taking any nodes? I have tried to get armour based pieces but I barely get 1000 armour. I have max res (80) so the only thing that hurts me is physical damage

2. When do you know to switch to CI? How much unbuffed ES do you need before respecing?

thanks for your guide, this build is the first one where I can farm quickly in maps without dying all the time!
"
TFE wrote:

1. How much armour should I aim for and how do I get this without taking any nodes? I have tried to get armour based pieces but I barely get 1000 armour. I have max res (80) so the only thing that hurts me is physical damage

2. When do you know to switch to CI? How much unbuffed ES do you need before respecing?

thanks for your guide, this build is the first one where I can farm quickly in maps without dying all the time!

Don't worry about armour on your gear, do use granite flasks though. You'll just have to learn when to hide from phys dmg (not sure how people do on something like 72 map weaver though, not done that on my summoner)
Mmm, so with theses new toys to play with, I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to spec out of all 5 curse nodes + the Intel to get to them to get other nodes instead.
Zombies seem to kill stuff so fast anyways now, and have really good survivability, seems like just having one regular curse would be enough (probably temp chains).
Also wonder if Minion Instability is really worth it, my minions don't die so much anyways, and when they do the damage they deal doesn't seem that significant.
What do you guys think?

I've been spamming Desecrate + Flesh and Bone Offering, and it seems to work really well.
"
Appren wrote:
"
TFE wrote:

Don't worry about armour on your gear, do use granite flasks though. You'll just have to learn when to hide from phys dmg (not sure how people do on something like 72 map weaver though, not done that on my summoner)

Rathik has the video of Jungle Valley 72 on the 1st page. I went crazy on the map mods and ended up wetting my pants (102%). Left with no boss kill =))
Last edited by koros on Feb 1, 2014, 9:02:16 AM
With all these changes to summoners (I haven't played summoner before patch), is it viable to use minion support gems (Life, Damage or Resistances) instead of the Multistrike and/or Splash?
Last edited by _Elminister_ on Feb 1, 2014, 10:23:20 AM
its a good idea to use them while levelling your gems from 17-20 on maps... makes them much more tanky with ll and enhanced damage. it feels like that zombie gem is extremely slow to level

ah yeah, current gear, i play pure summoner meaning: casting direct damage spells is beneath me XD - lots to improve, but its still viable

Last edited by ab_ on Feb 1, 2014, 10:55:13 AM
2-3 auras on your life?
How do you achieve that? you need a reduced mana gem and a blood magic in a 4L which seems impossible to have 3 aura on a 4 L with already 2 used slot... also with blood amgic making your mana multiplier 200% you can barely use 1 60% aura and clarity lvl1-2.... so do you get 2-3 aurass?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
2-3 auras on your life?
How do you achieve that? you need a reduced mana gem and a blood magic in a 4L which seems impossible to have 3 aura on a 4 L with already 2 used slot... also with blood amgic making your mana multiplier 200% you can barely use 1 60% aura and clarity lvl1-2.... so do you get 2-3 aurass?

I dont actually know the specifics, I run a CI witch based on rathiks with just 3 auras run off mana.

But there are other builds like sams that use 5-6 auras so I know its possible. 2 on life and 3 on mana should be doable yes? I think the 6 setup is 2 60%'s and 4 40%'s if that helps. Vit, grace, hatred, and each resist is what this guy I party with runs.

"
ab_ wrote:
ah yes, that kind of aura stacking makes sense, still have 4+4+5% less mana reserved nodes to go, also the gem combination on the 6l makes zombies much more mana intensive (about 300-ish)

Yeah running culling and rarity on the zombies costs pretty much nothing =)
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 1, 2014, 2:26:51 PM
well you cannot run 2x60% nor 3x 40% aura on life because of bloodmagic gem 200% mana multiplier
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info